Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Hide emotion

We’d all finished dinner and decided it was time to leave. Joe, Emma and Nick left first and told us they’d drive a bit down the street after spotting some paparazzi then Miley and I would hurry to the car.

It had been five minutes since the three of them left so Miley and I intertwined our hands and stepped out of the restaurant.

“Who were you on a date with girls? Miley are you dating Nick again?” Miley and I simply smiled at the cameras and sped up.

Miley leaned over to me once we hit the street and whispered, “Run.”

We both took off running, cameras recording us and paparazzi running to try and keep up with our young legs as we sped down the street towards the car. I noticed the front seat had been left for me while Nick and Emma sat in the back, Joe and Nick opened the car doors for us as we quickly dived in laughing at each other as Joe drove away.

“Were they chasing you?” Nick asked as Miley and I calmed down a bit more.

“Miley where are you staying?” Joe asked slowing the car down at a red light.

“The Hilton, please Joseph.”

We all sang along to the radio and joked around. Miley even video taped us singing together on her flip video camera to post on 'Miley World'. All in all the night was a success and now we were all piled onto the bus, changed into our pyjamas and chilling in our bunks. Emma stayed in the back room with Nick ‘watching a movie’ while the rest of us retreated to our bunks to sleep the night

I grabbed my leather lyric book and climbed into my bunk below Joe. I pulled my curtain shut as I tried to think of some song lyrics for my annual birthday song I wrote for Joe. It was a tradition I started during my mother’s rough times with money, all I had was a guitar so I wrote him a song for his thirteenth birthday and ever since I have written him a song each year for his birthday.

Just as I was about to give up, my curtain flew open to reveal the man himself. Joe Jonas. I quickly shut the notebook and put it into its pouch on the side of the tour bus bunk.

“Can I join you?” He asked taking down the hood of his jacket.

I was startled as I saw him with straightened hair again, parted as it was earlier in the year. “Urm, sure.”

Joe sent me a smile as I shuffled along closer to the wall so he could get in, once he did he closed the curtain and laid down flat on his back. I took his cue and followed suit, lying down on my side to face him. It did make the bunk much more spacious. We looked at each other with a small smile on our faces. I always liked to just look at Joe, he was a mighty specimen for sure. Everything about him was amazing, it all just fit together perfectly.

I admired the small features that were rarely ever noticed; such as the small display of freckles under his right eye and the faded ones on his nose. He had small imprints at the top of his nose from where his glasses had been placed only a few moments ago, most likely before he came to my bunk.

To most Joe’s eyes are brown, but not to me. The rim of his eyes looked a dark forest green which encircled the light muddy colour that most saw. But near his black pupil was the most dazzling and enticing dark crimson colour that almost looked burgundy. Other than his amazing eye colour I couldn’t help but be jealous at the length of his bottom eye lashes, so long and enticing

Joe smirked, “Are you examining my face again?”

I blushed viciously and buried my face into the pillow we rested on. “Yes, it’s interesting how much people don’t notice about you.” I admitted, pushing some of the hair from his eyes.

“Like what?” He muttered, shuffling so he was closer to me.

I gave him a small but gracious smile as he began to play with the ends of my hair. “Some people look at you and think that you’re confident with everything, but you’re not.” His facial expression showed no signs of faltering with my remarks, “See, you hide emotion very well.”

“Hmm.” He mused, closing his eyes. “You’re really smart.”

I twisted from lying on my side to my back, keeping my face dangerously close to Joe’s. I couldn’t help it, being close to him made my stomach twist in all sorts of directions that I felt like I needed to be near him.

I let my head loll to face him again, straining my neck a bit. “How so?”

“You just are.” I urged him to elaborate some more, he smiled with endearing eyes. “You get guys, completely. I don’t know how you know it all.”

I shrugged, “I just know the reality. That he’s not going to quote poetry or be thinking about me for every second of the day, I don’t expect it. So what? I know I’m not going to be the only girl he loves, but if he cares for me and loves me now why should I worry?"

I looked to Joe who gawped at me, and then I chuckled.

“But, boys are just as vulnerable as girls. Just as we give them a part of us, they give us a part of them. A part they know we can break, they give us as much trust as we give to them.” I further explained.

“You’ve just got to smile when he makes you happy and yell when he makes you mad.” Joe said, chipping in his part. He sighed happily as he pushed his hand into my hair, “No wonder you write amazing songs.”

I grinned at him and put my head back upright, smiling with a sigh as the strain settled down again. I watched Joe out of the corner of my eye lay down on his stomach then move himself so his chin was rested on my chest, but also being careful that it didn’t hurt me.

I cringed, “I bet this is attractive, I have numerous chins.”

Joe laughed then ran his fingertips over my cheek bones. “You look fine.”

I suddenly remembered a fan encounter Nick once had. “Oh my god, can you remember that girl in 2007 in the meet and greet line that went to Nick ‘are you a parking ticket because you’ve got fine written all over you’?”

Joe burst out laughing also at his new revelation, “Yeah and he blushed so red and just went ‘wow that was great’ poor kid!”

I sighed and let the smile fall from my face. “Joe…” he put on a serious face then looked me in the eyes, “You kissed me.”

“I know.”

“I’m tired of pretending that it never happened.” I told him sincerely, hoping that I would get the reaction I wanted.

Joe smiled, “I haven’t stopped thinking about it.” I blushed bashfully, “I just, I don’t want to ruin seventeen years of friendship by dating you.”

“Okay, so, lets promise each other that no matter what happens we stay best friends. And even still, we’re going to be best friends even if we do date, we’re just going to have a different kind of friendship.”

“So you’re saying you’d like to date me?” Joe smirked.

I smirked back, “Would you like to date me?”

He nodded. Joe pushed himself up, placing a hand either side of my body so he could hover over me. “I’d definitely like to date you.”

“Good.” I placed my hand either side of his face as his hair fell into his eyes.

“Now, I can do this…”

He leaned down so slowly, it almost felt like a lifetime, before he placed his luscious lips on mine sending my heart wild in my rib cage. We moved our lips together, so sweetly and romantically that it didn’t even seem real. I smiled into the kiss as he flipped us over so I was laid across his longer body.

I felt his hands snake down my back and then his fingers ‘walk’ closer to my ass, I felt him smile against my lips as I moved my hands down to bring his hands back up. He accepted my wishes and pushed his fingers through mine.

I pulled my lips away from his and folded my arms on his chest before resting my head on my forearms. “You should go to your own bunk.”

“I’m allowed to sleep with you though.” He wrapped his thunder thighs around my legs keeping me trapped on his body.

I tried unsuccessfully to roll off him, letting out little grunts of anger as his thighs held me hostage. “Joe, do you think we could keep this on the DL from the family for a bit?”

“Why?” He laughed without humour.

“Because, it looks tacky, you just broke up with Olivia. I’m still bruised and stuff, just give it a week or so? Please.” I tried to seal the deal with another kiss that he happily accepted from me.

He let out a frustrated sigh and nodded. “Okay,” he placed another kiss on my lips then let me roll off him.

I pulled back the curtain so he could get out then I crawled under the covers as he stood looking at me. Just as he had done a million times he leaned forward and kissed my forehead goodnight then closed my curtain.