Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Oatmeal

Denise woke both Joe and I up the next morning at 9am, I had two hours to get to the Ellen studios whilst Joe had to be on a plane to Arizona for their next concert. Both Joe and I were both difficult to wake up, so once we were awake instead of getting up and out of his bed we stayed inside it embracing the warmth of each other’s body heat and the quilt that covered us.

“What do you want for breakfast?” Joe asked groggily.

I loved the sound of his voice on a morning. I rubbed my eyes to get out off the sleep and to help me wake up. “Oatmeal, with lots of sugar.” I answered him.

“I can’t make oatmeal.”

I chuckled, “There’s micro oats in the cupboard, Joe.”

With one last groan he rolled out of bed and onto his feet. I let out a quiet giggle at his Edward Scissorhands like hair then climbed out of bed myself. I followed Joe downstairs to the kitchen the sat on a swivel chair at the island as he prepared me some breakfast. I tapped my fingers against the marble and waited for the microwave to ding.

Joe pulled the bowl out of the microwave and frowned at it. “What?” I said, trying to peer around him.

He walked over with a sad pout on his face and placed the bowl in front of me. What was inside the bowl however, was definitely not oatmeal. It was basically warmed up milk with a few oats floating on the top. “I think I did something wrong.”

I laughed, “You think? How much milk did you put in?”

Joe grabbed the cup that sat idle beside the sink. “A cup full, it said that much on the packet.”

I shook my head at Joe in despair. “Yes Joseph, a cup. What you are holding in your hand is known as a mug.”

His mouth formed an ‘o’ shape as I laughed at him hysterically. “Crap.”

“It’s okay, I have to get home and change ready for Ellen and you need to clean your room and pack.” I reminded him, tapping his chest.

“I talked to my mom, she said I can fly to Arizona with you so you can help me pack and I’ll drive us everywhere.”

I smiled, “You’re the best.”

“I know.” He replied, looking quite nonchalant.

Joe packed his case while I cleaned around his room for Denise and for the sake of his well being. If I didn’t clean it or if he wasn’t told to no doubt Joe would quite happily crawl through the clothes on his floor rather than walk freely. Once everything was sorted with Joe he drove me back to my house where I got ready for Ellen.

I changed into the yellow dress Joe had suggested and put on my grey jacket over it, I slipped one some white flats and a large ring onto my right middle finger. Joe sat patiently while I did my hair and make up, only complaining after I started to mess around too much.

“We’re going to be late.” Joe said, accelerating.

I shook my head. We wouldn’t be late, we’d get there and sit around in a room for an hour before I even got onto the chair beside her. When we did get there though, I was told I’d be sitting in the audience then she’d call me down after the first commercial break to talk with her.

“I’ll be watching.” Joe said, giving me one last kiss after we had arrived in the dressing room. “Slash on my laptop.” He confessed with a full toothed grin.

I chuckled and smacked my lips together. “Face?” He nodded, “Hair?” he nodded again, “Outfit?”

“All good to go.” He assured me, then pushed me out the door towards the crew member that waited in the hall for me.

I followed her through the studio, passing numerous people on the way one of them being Portia De Rossi. I graciously walked past and threw her a smile which she returned before disappearing into a room. Inside I was quietly freaking out as I looked at all the pictures of Ellen and guests that lined the walls of the main corridor.

I was led to a seat to sit and wait. Ellen came out after fifteen minutes of dancing in the audience. The usual long cheering happened and then her monologue then she danced. During her dance though, she specifically danced with me obviously being told to and where I was sat. But, the teenage girl inside of me was screaming ‘you just danced with Ellen!’

Just as was planned, Ellen sat in her chair nodding at the applause as she came back from a commercial.

“So, I was talking yesterday about the rise in teen dating abuse and that it’s now one in three teens. Today we have an actual sufferer of mental and physical teen abuse, her name is Juliana Bell. Come on down here.”

I stood up and awkwardly went down the steps. I gave Ellen a hug then sat down in the maroon coloured chair next to her. “Those stairs are really awkward because they’re so big you have to adjust your steps.”

“I know, I keep telling them that!” Ellen exclaimed making the audience laugh. “So let’s just put this out there now before, uh, you begin your story so it makes more sense. Juliana—”

“Julia.” I cut her off with a smile.

“Julia then, she is best friends with the Jonas Brothers.” A few screams erupted from the audience, “She’s known them since she was a baby and that should help make the story more understandable so you aren’t all confused. So go ahead, tell us your story.”

“Well, I started dating this guy Leon…”

I told everyone my story, only ever getting interrupted occasionally by Ellen to explain some more things or for her to give her input. It was pretty easy to tell my story now that I was happier and in a better place. No longer did it upset me to think of what could have happened because it didn’t, it was stopped there and nothing worse could have happened.

After I had told my story, Ellen began to ask some questions. “So, who was the person who spotted ‘the signs’ and what are they?”

“Well, it really was Joe. From the start he was always saying ‘this guy, y’know, something is off about him’ but I’d ignore him. I’d say the main signs are when he’s telling you who you can and can’t see, getting angry if you don’t reply to a text. For me, it started with like little intimidating shoves to cornering me.” I told her, pushing my fringe from my left eye.

“Speaking of Joe, he’s the one you’re closest too?”

“Yes,” I turned to see what the crowd were going ‘aw’ at then noticed a picture of Joe and I from my twitter page on the screen behind us; specifically the one of us in his car at the wedding. “I’m close to them all but Joe’s definitely my best friend.”

“A lot of his fans are determined to get you two dating, is that true?”

I giggled, “Well some are and some aren’t. I mean, it’s like, they say they want us to date but if we did date they’d suddenly find a million reasons to hate me.”

Ellen frowned, “How do you mean?”

“I’ve seen it happen before, he’ll date someone no one knows or even bothers to get to know and pin her as something she isn’t. I love their fans don’t get me wrong but if there’s one thing in this world that really annoys me it’s small-minded people and people who judge.” I knew I sounded like a paranoid twit but who cares… not me.

Ellen chuckled, “I know that, I’ve watched your originals on YouTube.”

I gasped at her, “You listened to that? That’s kind of embarrassing.”

“You should listen to her on YouTube, she has a great voice and a lot to say. She wrote a song called ‘f’ you, care to explain that?”

I blushed madly, “Uh, well, as I said a lot of people annoy me and that was about one girl who had too many, in my eyes, wrong opinions.”

“Why don’t I just read out some of the lyrics?”

“No!” I exclaimed, hiding my face under my hand as I listened to her.

She cleared her throat and picked up a piece of cardboard, “So you say it’s not okay to be gay, well I think you’re just evil. You’re just some racist who can’t tie my laces, your point of view is medieval.” I blushed even more as she read out over the audiences cheering.

I grinned cheekily out at the audience who were still clapping for my song lyrics. “My mom is going to be so mad at me.”

“Why?” Ellen chuckled as the audience settled down once more.

“She doesn’t like it when I swear in my songs.” I confessed to her. Ellen looked out into the audience as if to find her. “She’s not here, she’s in Arizona sorting things out for the tour.”

“So who are you here with?”

“Joe, he’s flying to Arizona with me after I’ve done this interview thing.” I said waving my arms around as I tried to find the correct term.

Ellen laughed along with the audience, “Thing? Well thanks!” I grinned at her once more and continued to smile as she turned to the camera, “You can read Julia’s story on our website and get all the information on teen dating abuse there. We’ll be back with some bad paid for photos after this.”

So there you have it, a whole fifteen minute conversation with Ellen DeGeneres that was actually going to be aired on TV. My first ever on screen appearance where I wasn’t accidentally caught in the background of the Jonas Brothers paparazzi videos.

Filled with excitement and energy I bounced back towards the dressing room, I burst through the door ready to let out a scream but stopped my self after seeing Joe curled up on the smallest sofa I’d ever seen, sleeping.

I smiled sweetly at his sleeping figure. I picked up my iPhone from my purse then snapped a picture of him to cherish. I put my phone back into my purse then crept over to him, I knelt down in front of him and sighed.

Carefully, I placed my hand on his cheek and gently ran my finger tips over his cheek bones and around his temple. Slowly his eyes fluttered open. “You have no idea how cute you look asleep.” I smiled and leaned forward to kiss his forehead.

“Let’s get going then.” He groaned rubbing his eyes and sitting up right. “I have a run to do tomorrow. Yay.” He added sarcastically.

I gathered up my things ready to head to the airport in the hopes of not missing our flight to Arizona.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler. Song used: Lily Allen- Fuck You.

We didn't get to 50 comments, which is shit. There's 87 of you subscribed. Put in a little more effort people.

Leave me a comment here.