Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Busy with everyone

“Remind me why we need a police escort to take us all to a roller skating rink?” I said to everyone, they chuckled at me. “This is insane.”

“I agree.” Amelia, Joe’s ex-girlfriend piped up.

We were pretty good friends, but I’d been watching her the entire night. She’d shown up for the concert with Mandy, I didn’t even know they were planning on coming to L.A until the show had ended and they appeared in the dressing room. Joe said to me that he thought he had told me they were coming, he hadn’t.

I wasn’t so bothered about Mandy, we were practically best friends, it was more Amelia I needed to be careful of. Only a few months ago she texted me out of the blue asked me about Joe. She didn’t know I was dating him, if we told all his friends it would be out to the media within 24 hours of it coming out of his mouth, word travels fast in Hollywood. I just hoped for the best and face the situation with a stubborn stance.

One thing I was happy about though was that all of his friends that are also my friends would be coming, such as Demi and Miley along with some other Disney stars. It would be nice to have a good time attempting to roller skate with them; we also needed to catch up desperately.

With the police escort we were at the skating rink speedily. Everyone piled off the numerous tour buses and into the shut down rink. Inside it was all dark with neon colour leading the way towards the roller skates, from then on it was a rush to find the correct size and get skating. I pulled Emma and Miley through the crowd as we pushed towards the wall of shoes, I picked out our sizes and handed them back as the next stage of our mission. Miley then pulled Emma and I back out into the open where we could get our skates on.

“This is madness!” Miley exclaimed as she tied a bow with her laces. “Good job the rink is massive.”

I smiled at her and stood up on the four wheels, once I gained my balance I pulled Emma onto her feet and then Miley. “Where’s Demi?” I asked as we tried to skate on the carpet towards the rink.

“Somewhere with David and Selena.” Miley answered pushing me towards the wooden floored oval. “Come on! This is a party.”

For the next hour loud music blasted through the speakers around the building with lasers flashing in sync with the bass of the music while everyone skated with each other. It was a good time, but one thing was missing, Joe. With it being his party he had to always be with some of his guests meaning I didn’t really see him much. It bummed me out whenever I saw him skating with someone else even though I was never without a skating partner.

I decided that after an hour and a half without skating with him that it just wasn’t going to happen. My head was also pounding from the loud music so I thanked Christa for sticking with me and skated off the rink. I was bored of skating and watching Joe’s every move.

I changed into some normal shoes, bought the band bus driver an ice cream and took it out to him. Slowly I wandered back inside and sat down on a bar stool over looking the rink, I crossed my arms and rested my aching head on my forearms. I jumped when someone’s skates slammed into the wood making a loud clashing sound.

I looked up and smiled at Miley. “Hey, what’s up?” She asked, coming off the rink to sit next to me.

“I just have a headache.”

She smiled, “I have some tablets in my bag if you want some?” I nodded and she rubbed my shoulder in a motherly fashion before going to get the tablets. It put my skates back on while she was gone, there was no point in sitting and sulking.

Miley came back with two tablets and a bottle of water, I quickly swallowed them and sighed. “Thanks.”

“No problem, now, tell Miley what’s up with you.”

I smiled at her, “Joe hasn’t even glanced at me all night.”

“He’s just busy with everyone.” She shrugged.

“He’s skated with everyone except from me!” I looked out and saw him skating with Amelia. “He’s skated with her numerous times.”

“Urm, Jools.” Miley nudged me as if I were missing something.

I looked closer to the two of them trying to see what she was talking about. Then Nick skated out of the way and I saw it, they were holding hands and he was whispering into her ear. It felt like my stomach was on a spin cycle. I was less jealous and more angry, though I was definitely very jealous of her.

She’d had him once before, why couldn’t she just let me have my turn.

“What should I do?” I asked Miley in a rush.

“I’d go and shout at him, but that’s just me.” She answered with a sly smirk.

I frowned, “It’s his birthday though!” I ran a hand through my hair.

“Looks like Denise is taking care of it for you.” Miley pointed out.

With my mouth agape I looked over to where Denise was stood at side of the rink, she was talking to Joe with a serious look on her face. “Oh dear God.”

Miley left me alone as Joe began to skate over to me. I took a deep breath and pushed my self off the stool, I met him at the edge of the skating rink with a scowl on my face. He looked down at me with concern shining in his brown eyes.

“Thanks for coming to see me.” I said sarcastically. My words seemed to break the ice.

Joe frowned at my attitude, “Sorry, it is my party. I have to see everyone.”

“You saw everyone before we left and you’ve seen everyone in here at least twice. Oh, did you also enjoy holding hands and whispering with Amelia? Looked like fun, we should try it sometime considering we’re together and all.” I snapped. “I know you don’t want people knowing we’re together but—”

Joe rolled his eyes and cut me off with a kiss, in front of everyone. My heart was racing as my cheeks burned at the sound of someone cheering. “I do want people knowing we’re together.”

“I guessed.” I replied with a teasing smile.

Time lapse

“So,” I said as Joe climbed into my bunk. I sat against the opposite wall with my legs out stretched beside his, “How was your twentieth?”

He smiled, “Amazing, thanks to you. And I get my revenge in two days.”

I blushed at his kind words, not worrying about his threat for my birthday and picked up his iPhone. I went to unlock it and frowned as the pass code grid came up but smiled at the picture of the two of us kissing on his wallpaper. “What’s your pass code?”

He held out his hand for the device, I frowned and handed it too him. I had hoped to find out the pass code myself just in case I ever needed to be in his phone. Not to be a stalker girlfriend but it’s nice to know. I browsed through his phone, not going near his text messages or phone calls so that he didn’t think I was suspicious. I just browsed through his pictures and music, smiling at the array of pictures he had.

In one of the pictures he had of him and Elvis he wore one of my favourite jackets of his, a light blue zip up with white edges. “I love this jacket.”

I turned the screen to show him the picture. “You can have it.”

“Really?”

He nodded and leaned out of his bunk, a few seconds later he appeared with the blue jacket. I grinned and took it from him eagerly. I pushed my arms through the sleeves and zipped it up over my pyjamas.

I shrunk down into it, letting the material cover my nose. “It smells nice.”

Joe leaned forward to hold onto my shoulders, he pulled me to his side with his arms tight around me. I smiled and cuddled into his taut torso, resting my hand on the side of his neck. “I can’t believe I’m twenty.” He mused playing with the ends of my hair.

I chuckled, “And you’re dating a seventeen year old, gasp.” I said jokingly, prodding his shoulder.

“You’ll be eighteen soon, it won’t seem as weird then.” He shuffled down so he was lying flat on his bunk making it more comfortable for me to hug him and for him to rest.

“Uh… Joe?” I tentatively whispered to him.

“Mm?” He mumbled, nuzzling his head into my neck kissing the skin there. It was very hard to concentrate on what I was trying to say with his lips on my neck.

I decided to let it slide and give in to him. I pushed my lips onto his swiftly, in response he smiled against my lips and placed his hand onto my cheek. Roughly his hand grabbed my legs and hoisted me over so that I was laid on top of him.

I giggled against his lips just thinking about us two being together. “What?” He asked pushing some of my hair behind my ear.

“Think back, it just makes me giggly to think about us being together.” I saw his smile drop and quickly corrected my self, “I mean, not in a ‘haha it’s funny we’re together’ kind of way but an ‘it seems surreal yet amazing’ kind of way.”

“Good.”

I smiled at his adorable face and pressed another kiss to his enticing lips.