Sequel: Was I The Only One?
Status: Active

It's Not A Love Song

Girls are sneaking off

I’d fallen asleep on Joe, but he wasn’t there in the morning so I just went back to sleep which was nice to be able to do. The bed of the hotel would be missed once we all returned back to L.A, which was today. But, much to my surprise I was not woken up by Joe but by his mom and my mom.

“Julia…” My mom cooed, shaking my sleeping body.

I opened my eyes and groaned as my eye lashes stuck together for a second, I rubbed them and sat up right. “What?” I groaned.

Denise was practically bouncing in her seat. “Now, you can’t tell the boys but… all us girls are sneaking off to the Bahamas. Danielle and Emma are waiting in the lobby. You’re all packed up, so we’re taking a spontaneous trip!”

I gawped at them, “The boys don’t know?”

“Paul does, but he isn’t going to tell them until we’re gone. So quick, get up, our flight leaves in two hours.” Denise clapped her hands together and whipped the duvet off of me. “Is that Joe’s shirt?”

“Yes.” I mumbled climbing out of bed. I tried my best to grab energy from different places but once the reality sunk in my adrenaline was going crazy.

My mom and Denise scurried around my room while I put on some make up, brushed my teeth and got changed. The two of them obviously felt like teenagers sneaking out of the house, it was nice to see them both giddy and acting young again. The two of them managed to tidy my hotel room and carry my bags downstairs just as I was putting my final foot into a pair of Nike dunks.

“Come on! Oooh, isn’t this exciting!” My mother giggled and began to push me even faster.

It made me cringe a bit, I was too tired to be excited about going to the Bahamas but apparently Danielle and Emma weren’t. The two of them sat in the lobby grinning and talking like valley girls about the trip, then it hit me; we were sneaking off to the Bahamas leaving the boys here to go to L.A by themselves… a girl’s trip to the sun after months in Toronto.

“Isn’t this exciting?” Emma practically spat in my face, her face was red from excitement as we walked towards the limo waiting outside.

I nodded, “Uh huh.”

She stuck her tongue out at me and moved forward to link arms with Danielle who chatted with her excitedly. Once we were all in the back of the limo I began to come to my senses and get happy. With a glass on champagne in one hand and a handful of jelly beans in the other I was finally excited! Majorly excited!

I couldn’t wait to be laid on the beach with a smoothie and watch the ocean crash and calm. I was looking forward to snorkelling and swimming with the dolphins, and doing all the water slides. But I wasn’t looking forward to being away from Joe, we’d just become friends again and now I’d been whisked away to the Bahamas without him. He would be very unamused. I wanted to call him and invite him to come with us but I knew I couldn’t, this was a girl’s trip and they would never let me bring him.

During the whole of the plane ride the only thing on my mind was what Joe’s reaction would be.

Third Person

Joe and his brothers were quite confused when they were all asked to go to their mother and father’s bedroom and even more confused when their mother wasn’t present for the meeting that was called; usually she’s the one checking over things and scribbling things down along with Julia’s mom, Cath.

The three of them sat down on the edge of their parent’s large king sized bed while their dad stood in front of them. Joe looked to Kevin who usually was the most informed of the group but he simply shrugged.

“There’s no way of avoiding the situation so here goes,” Paul sighed, “The girls have all decided to take a girl’s vacation to the Bahamas.”

“What?” The boys all said in unison.

“This morning your mom told me that she and Cath had planned to take Emma, Julia and Danielle on a surprise trip away from you boys. So, they woke the three of them up this morning and jetted them off to the Bahamas Atlantis resort for a four day mini-vacation.” Paul further explained.

Joe was very annoyed, “That’s not even fair! Julia and I are just getting back on track and they whisk her away! What the hell…”

Nick stood up, cracked his knuckles and sighed. “Well, I’m off to the Bahamas. Bye guys!” He beagn walking to the door but was unsuccessful as Paul pulled him backwards.

“You guys have to be on a flight to L.A in two hours to go on the Ellen show, after we shall debate crashing their party.” Paul smirked along with his boys, “There’s no way they’re chilling on the beach when we’ve been working longer than them.”

Paul bumped fists with his sons and sent them to finish packing. Joe headed straight to his room to call Julia, he paced back and forth; occasionally throwing things into his case when he passed loose items of clothing.

His heart smiled when he heard her voice, innocently answer with a sweet, “Hello.”

“How’s the Bahamas?” Joe said calmly, grinning to himself.

“I swear I had no idea! I’m just as annoyed as you, but I’m annoyed on a beach with a smoothie in a bikini!” She rattled out making Joe chuckle. “Fine, I’m not as annoyed but I do want you here.”

Joe smiled, “Well, we’re flying to L.A for interviews and such. I’ll call you later, love you.”

“Love you too.”

Julia’s POV

I ended the phone call with a smile, I carried my smoothie out into the sun with me and laid down in the deck chair beside Emma who was talking on the phone. I removed my bikini bottom from between my ass cheeks then settled back down under the sun.

“Bye.” Emma ended her phone call with a sigh. “Nick’s a bit annoyed.”

I nodded, “So is Joe, they’re bound to be though.”

Emma nodded back to me in agreement and sucked some smoothie out of the glass, keeping the straw in the corner of her mouth in an amusing fashion. I broke out my digital camera and snapped a picture of her, wide eyed drinking. She giggled after childishly and smiled as the sun continued to beat down on her.

I never did like lying in the sun for long periods of time, it’s too clammy but Emma embraces it; she even lathers on some oil to help her tan. So, in order to cool down I grabbed my Blackberry and headed towards the ocean, smiling as a few children with their parents ran across the beach. Once I reached the sea I stepped into it up my ankles and smile as it splashed up my body.

Juliharrr Bahamas! So nice to have a break. Currently walking through the ocean in a bikini, this is exactly what I needed.

I chuckled as I read two @replies from Demi and Miley.

mileycyrus @Juliharrr I’m coming to the Bahamas. Okay?

ddlovato @Juliharrr I’m coming with Miley, see you there!

I rolled my eyes and sighed happily. The sea looked so beautiful that I just had to take a picture of it and just to tease him I sent the picture to Joe with the message; ‘Soon’ indicating that we would come back here together and alone for a mini-vacation without the family. My heart was aching for Joe, as cheesy as it sounds, last night we finally made up and the next morning I’m whisked away from him when all I want to do is be close to him forever.

I suddenly heard ‘Burnin’ Up’ being blasted across the whole of the beach and a large grin appeared on my face as soon as I turned around. Denise and my mother were dancing and singing loudly while Emma recorded them on her flip video, both of them were a tad drunk from all the cocktails they’d been downing since we arrived.

My blackberry began to ring and I smiled when a picture of Miley flashed up, “Hello darling.”

“Hey! Demi is with me!” She was shouting into her phone, a lot of hustle and bustle could be heard in the background so I assumed they were somewhere busy and being bombarded. “We’re coming to the Bahamas, I wasn’t joking.”

I gasped, “Oh my god, seriously! You guys are supposed to be filming and stuff.”

Miley laughed cheekily, “I know, but we decided if you’re having a vacation so are we! See you in a few hours!”

She ended the phone call and I laughed. “Guys, Demi and Miley have just left their shows and are coming here.”

I could see Emma was a bit annoyed; it was always awkward for her to be around Miley considering the two year relationship she had shared with Nick. Although Nick had reassured her a thousand times that he and Miley were just friends it’s natural for her to be nervous, no girl is ever completely okay with her boyfriend and his ex being friends; especially close friends like Nick and Miley.

Denise and my mom continued to drink themselves into oblivion while Danielle, Emma and I sun bathed and snapped endless amounts of pictures for capture our memories. But the three of us left the two drunks on the beach in the capable hands of our staff member and headed up to the room to watch our other halves on Ellen, due to the time difference we were ahead.

We missed the start of the episode, which was good as we were only tuning into to watch the boys. Suddenly, the Ellen theme song burst on and she appeared on the screen,

“Emma, stop peeing! They’re on!” I shouted turning the volume up.

Emma slid into the room and dived onto the bed beside Danielle. “Our nexts guest, I love them, they’re three brothers from New Jersey who have just finished a sold out tour and wrapped up another movie please welcome the Jonas Brothers.”

World War III played as they jogged out, waving and smiling to the fans in the audience. Emma, Danielle and I cheered as well; proud as punch. The beginning of the interview went on as standard, talking about how busy they are and how they stay grounded and then Ellen brought up relationships.

“Kevin, you got engaged earlier this year, congratulations.” The audience cheered as Kevin smiled like a love sick puppy.

They talked about the wedding briefly, giving her the same information ‘we haven’t set a date’ even though we knew they had a month set at least; but they needed some privacy if they were going to get married without the insane fans crashing it like disrespectful idiots.

Ellen then turned her attention to Joe, “And Joe, you have a girlfriend.”

The audience laughed, “Apparently so.” He chuckled.

“She’s lovely, we’ve had her on our show before actually. Tell us a bit about her, then.” Ellen smiled, knowing that he’d have to talk about it.

Joe cleared his throat with a sweetheart of a smile. “I’ve known her all of my life, she a funny and amazing girl and I’m so lucky to have her. She’s always been my inspiration and,” he paused and let out a loved up sigh, “I love her very much.”

The whole audience were cheering or ‘aw’ing at his sweet and heartfelt statement. “Why does he look like he’s going to cry?” Danielle said to Emma who chuckled.

I just blanked them out, I was too busy melting into a puddle of goo on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am the worst author ever, you all have permission to cyber slap me!

This is coming to an end soon, but I'll write another story in the future! I need a little break I think, a three-quel an a 30-something chapter story have drained me of ideas.

I want comments, leave them. There are 100+ of you, stop being so lazy! Imagine how much you hate it when subscribers don't comment!

Saying that, click here to comment