My Girl

Division One

“Elise, look my way!” My mom shouted from behind her digital camera. I smiled slightly, leaning my weight on one leg. I looked behind my mom, where the entrance to the country club hall was. My eyes followed the people entering, until I saw two familiar light blue uniforms make their way inside.

My eyes met with his, and I smiled brightly, waving my hand subtly at my side. Nick smiled back and waved less unnoticeable. My mom didn’t realize I wasn’t look at her and snapped the picture quickly, smiling down at the screen of her camera.

“That’s cute, honey.” She saw my lack of attention and turned around to see what I was looking back. Nick and Joe’s backs were now facing us as they signed in at the front table. I hadn’t see Sylvia the entire afternoon, the game started in fifteen minutes.

“Have you seen Sylvia?” My mom was now standing at my side, putting her camera into her purse. I shook my head and glanced at her.

“She will be here, I’m fine until then.” I assured her, watching as Nick pressed a registration sticker onto his golf bag. My mom glanced one more at the guys, although she didn’t know who they were, and nodded her head.

“I should get going, the office called. I have to work tonight.” She glanced up from her hands.

“You’re not staying for the game?” Most of the students parents were leaving to the course the few finalists would be playing on. I had known that Sylvia and I had made it to the final game, but I wasn’t sure who we were going up against yet. The rest of the teams were still forced to go to the game and play a final game against another school who had the same ranking as them.

“I can’t they said it was urgent.” I looked away from my mom and instead glanced outside the window, seeing the Jonas family making their way across the field. Sylvia’s parents had just dropped her off, and she glamorously stepped out of their large SUV, dragging her new pink golf bag out with her. She pulled her Gucci sunglasses onto the top of her head and made quick eye contact with me, but I looked away almost instantly.

“Fine, I’ll see you at home.” I mumbled, walking away from her. I walked furiously over to the registration table just as Sylvia entered the country club lobby.

“Will you grab my card? I have to go find us a cart.” She didn’t even greet me, she instead just got straight down to business.

I nodded my head and smiled at one of the ladies behind the table. “Green Oaks, Division one.”

The lady looked through a box that was sitting out in front of her, holding out two forms of paper and two stickers that were meant to be placed on our bags.

Looking down at the bubbly handwriting, I read who we were playing against.

Meadow Wood, Division One.

Of course.

“We’re cart number four.” Sylvia stated, looking quickly around the room. “Are you ready?”

“Uhm.” I looked back down at our papers. “Yeah, I have to go to the bathroom really quick. I will meet you out there.” I inhaled deeply and watched until Sylvia was outside by the fields.

“Hey there, division one.“ A voice whispered in my ear as the door shut across the room. I glanced behind me and saw Nick standing right next to Joe, who was looking over their score sheets.

“W-what?” I questioned, my eyes falling across the tag on his bag. Meadow Wood, Division One.

“Seriously? You’re the other team?” I smiled and pulled my own sticker off of the paper and placed it next to the keychain of my dad and I. Nick watched me, studying the keychain in his hands.

“Is that…” He trailed off, glancing back up into my eyes. I smiled weakly and nodded my head.

“Yeah.”

“Nick, I’m going out to our cart. Get there on time.” Joe mumbled, kicking his bag up and dragging it out the front door. Nick rolled his eyes and turned his attention back onto me.

“So are you ready for us to kick your ass?” He teased, nudging my arm slightly. I rolled my eyes playfully and laced my hand around the strap to my bag.

“Yeah, right. You’re the one that helped me get into division one.” I stated. Nick and I had only practiced a few times after that first time I met Mandy, and most of the time it was in one of our backyards, but my stroke had immensely improved since the last game we played against him.

“Please, I just told you what you were doing wrong. You did it yourself.” We started walking toward the front door as the owner of the golf committee shouted to the rest of the students in the lobby to find their teammates and carts.

“Well, good luck anyways. I hope you win.” Nick said, holding the door open for me. “You deserve it.”

“You deserve it just as much as me.” I argued, spotting Sylvia sitting by the steering wheel in our cart. Her phone was flipped open in her lap and she was reading the screen of it.

“Maybe even-” I was interrupted by Nick’s lips crashing onto mine. I smiled and felt my cheeks turn hot.

“Just be quiet and break a leg, okay?”” He smiled and squeezed my hand gently at my side. I bit my bottom lip and nodded my head, walking over to the cart.

And let me tell you, when Sylvia and I met eyes, she did not seem happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's Rachael's A/N for this chapter : Comment this, buddy. Like, now. :]
Nice... Rachael *shakes head*... Okay I'm not as demanding but I would like for you all to comment. Thanks to those who did last chapter =]

New Story!
Black and Red Roses
This is another Kristen story but it's Harry Potter based but it was her biggest story on Quizilla. Please read it!

Heads up
Boston TOMORROW for the JB concert! No updates until Sunday or Monday after tomorrow morning. This goes for all stories.

Thanks for reading!

C/R/S

~Steph & Rachael <3