My Girl

I... I...

I’ve got sunshine
On a cloudy day
When it’s cold outside
I’ve got the month of May
I guess you’d say
What can make me feel this way
My girl
Talking ‘bout my girl
I’ve got so much honey
The bee’s envy me
I’ve got a sweeter song
Than the birds in the tree
I guess you’d say
What can make me feel this way
My girl
Talking ‘bout my girl


I laughed as Nick pretended to hit the high notes sung in the song, a large smile playing across his lips as he continued to play the guitar.

“Hey, hey, hey!” He said in a deep voice, bursting out into laughter. I smiled but felt the uneasiness settle back down in my stomach. Hearing Nick sing the song made things go back for me; and I first considered that the only reason I was with Nick again was because of this. Because he reminded me of my dad; in a non-creepy I’m-sort-of-in-love-with-this-guy-way.

I glanced back up at Nick with wide eyes. He was already staring back down at his guitar, caught up in the moment of the song. Did I really just consider loving him?

I don’t need no money
Fortune, or fame.
I’ve got all the riches baby
One man can claim
I guess you’d say
What can make me feel this way
My girl
Talking ‘bout my girl


Nick looked up and saw my startled expression and instantly put his guitar down. “I’m sorry.” He apologized instantly.

“What? No.” I got up from his chair. “I loved it.”

‘Really?” Nick looked up at me hopefully, standing up from the side of his bed and walking so he was right in front of me. I laughed and nodded my head, wrapping arms around his waist and resting my head lightly on his shoulder.

“Thank you.” My voice was muffled, but he clearly heard me because seconds later he kissed the top of my head and replied “Your welcome.”

I tilted my head up and watched as he smiled down at me. “Do you want to go back downstairs?” He started to pull away but I grabbed onto his hand.

“Not yet.” He looked down at me with a confused expression but nodded his head.

“Alright.” He glanced down at me again. “Is there something you wanted to say?”

“I…” I looked around the room quickly. Frankie’s cluttered mess, the rain sloppily pounding against the window right above Nick’s unmade bed. The clothes we had been wearing outside were now bundled up in a ball and stuck in Nick’s laundry hamper, waiting to be dried. My hair was a frizzy and curly mess, Nick’s button up shirt and pants were hanging loosely across my body. I was about to tell him something serious; something that might have been said too soon, too late, or at just the right time. Did he feel the same way? Did I truly think I loved the guy standing in front of me?

The guy standing in front of me-now looking down at me with a concerned expression. The guy with the semi-dry curly hair and the charming eyes, the smile that was contagious, even if it wasn’t there all that often. The hands that seemed to calm me instantly when they touched my skin, the words that seemed to be the wisest things I have ever heard the entire world. The person that could honestly love me back.

“I-”

“Nick, Elise. Dinner.” Joe barged into the room, staring at the closeness of mine and Nick’s bodies. His eyes widened and he looked between the two of us. “Whoa. Um, I'll tell mom your on your way down.”

He slammed the door just as quickly as he had came in and as I started to walk away, Nick grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

“You what?”

“I’m…ready to go downstairs.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Rachael's A/N:
Again with the lyrics. But this time, it makes COMPLETE logical sense. : ) I love Nick and Elise. But what happened to Parker, Arielle and Steph? Huh. Maybe you should comment me and tell me how much you LOVE/HATE/ENJOY/DESPISE/BARF-EVERY-TIME-I-UPDATE this. Actually, don’t tell me if you barf every time I update-it’s icky.

I promise, the next chapter will be longer. What was this one? Three paragraphs? Haha. My apologies.


Awwww cuteness. Do you think she will tell him that she loves him?

Thanks so much for reading!

C/R/S

~Steph <3