Living While Dead

The Last Chapter

30 years later.
I pulled myself out of the grass and looked at the beautiful summer sky, the sun was just setting and I made my way to fulfill the promise I had kept all these years. Walking up to Aeron’s home I knocked on the front door. A little girl answered and let me in. she called for her father(Aeron) and he came to the front hallway. His jaw dropped when he saw my face. He jumped forward and gave me a long hug. I stepped back and took a long look at his face, he aged a lot, but his eyes were still the same.
“Amelia, this is Amelia.” He pointed to me and his daughter smiled. “is she who I’m named after?” she asked. “yes she is.” He answered. She gave me a hug. “I promised I would come back! But I cant stay for long or ill be stuck again.” I said. He and I walked, he talked and I listened. He told me that he and Alyssa got married, then little Amelia came along.
“so how has the world changed?”I asked.
“so much that I cant fit it into the time you have left.”
“ok..” I replied. I looked at my watch and said, “Aeron, I have to go. And this time I might not come back. So goodbye, my best friend. Without you I wouldn’t be at peace, and I love you for that. I will always be with you, through little Amelia.” I promised.
“goodbye.” he gave me a huge bear hug. I started to walk away, and turned around one last time to find little Amelia hugging her fathers leg. I smiled and kept walking. On my way past my parents, I noticed next to me was fresh brown dirt. On the headstone read, “James Jake Penton, loving son and brother. He is now with his family, the place he longed to be for many years. 1928-2009.” I smiled placed a fresh daffodil in the dirt, and went back to my eternal rest.
THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
just an added chapter i wanted u guys to be able to read! <3 cirque du freakster