‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Teaser

'Hello!' I said walking into my apartment and slinging my bag on the counter.

'Hey!' My roommate Sarah said walking towards me with a huge grin on her face.

'What's up with you?' I asked taking a bite of the apple I had just picked up off the counter.

'You will never believe the day I had, Ri.' She said plopping herself on the counter in front of me as I hit the message button on the answering machine.

'Hey, Ri. It's me. Call me back.'

I smiled at the sound of Jess's voice. A chat with him always made me feel better. I couldn't wait to call him. But first I had to figure out what had Sarah grinning like the Cheshire cat.

'So what happend?' I asked picking up the phone and walking towards the living room to plop down on the couch.

'Okay,' She said following me and sitting down. 'cKy is coming to town.'

'No shit.' I said flicking through the channels.

'We should go!'

'Who are they?'

'The band I always talk about. You know, the drummer's wicked hot?'

'Oh!' I said. 'Play their stuff then.'

She quickly grabbed her laptop off the coffee table as I continued flicking through the channels. She hit play and suddenly I found myself remembering sitting on a couch in the Margera's driveway laughing as Bam fell over on his skateboard. Deron had just rolled his eyes and continued playing the newest song Knee Deep.

'Where did you get that?' I asked sitting up and staring at Sarah with wide eyes.

'Off Volume One...' She said like I was crazy.

'Wait, did you say cKy is coming?' I asked. 'As in Camp Kill Yourself?'

'Yeah. Don't you listen?'

'I guess not.' I mumbled thinking hard that there was no way this could be the same little rock band I grew up listening to at East High's annual Battle of the Bands. I dialed Jess's number and he picked up second ring.

'Is the band still together?' I asked before he said anything.

'Yes.' He said laughing. 'We're going on tour in a few weeks why?'

'Sarah, is the drummer in this band's name Jess?' I asked.

'Yeah!' She said getting excited. 'And the lead singer's Deron! And then there's Chad and Vern too.'

'You okay, Ri?' Jess asked laughing.

'Fine.' I said walking towards my bedroom at a quick pace. 'Just discovered that my roommate is completely obsessed with you and wants to go to the concert in a few weeks.'

'Go! I'll get you free tickets and backstage passes! I'm sure she'll love it!' Jess said getting just as excited as Sarah. 'Besides all the guys miss you.'

'I'm not going if he's there.' I said.

'He's not coming.' Jess said. 'Don't worry.'

I hung up with Jess and made my way into the living room to find Sarah watching a cKy video and laughing.

'Isn't this great?' She asked.

'Sar, what would you say if I told you I could get free tickets and backstage passes to the concert?'

'How?' She asked laughing.

'I went to high school with the band.' I said waiting for her reaction. Bam's laughing face appeared on her computer screen. 'And I dated him...'
♠ ♠ ♠
The long awaited sequel to One Last Time is finally here! As of now, Razorblade Romance is on Hiatus.