‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Again

Chapter 12:

September was approaching faster then I would have liked. I was happy that I had landed the job as the new 8th grade english teacher at the middle school. I had gone out and bought eveything I would need for my new classroom.

April invited everyone over for a large cook out for Jess's birthday. Ben decided he would love to go with me.

I walked in the door to find someone I would have never expected.

'Novak?' I asked looking him up and down.

'Hey babe,' He said hugging me. 'Long time no see.'

I noticed he had lost a lot of weight since I had last seen him when we were fifteen. Jess had told me he was hooked on Herion. He sure looked like he was.

'What are you doing here?' I asked.

'Getting clean.' He said smiling and walking towards the couch as Ben and I headed out to the deck.

Anytime spent with the Margera's was a good time. I realized it was the perfect end to the Summer. Jess had finally asked Sarah out, they had barely left eachothers side since, and I giggled seeing them all cuddled on his chair.

As the party came to an end, Bam strolled around the corner of the house.

'Bam, where have you been?' Phil asked.

'I was in Philly with Gee taking pictures. Thanks for calling me and telling me about dinner.'

'Bam, I told you this morning we were having a cook out.' April said putting her hand on her hip.

I decided to look away from him and continue talking to Ben. He got a phone call, so he stood and gave me a kiss before walking off towards the car.

Bam rolled his eyes at me and turned to Novak. 'Let's go.' Novak grabbed his board and they headed out to the mini ramp.

Everyone watched them skating for a bit. Ben came back and told me he had to go help his friend with something. Jess said he'd give me a ride home later. I gave Ben a kiss goodbye and made my way back towards the deck.

'Ri!' I heard Bam's voice so I turned to see him standing on the ramp.

'What?'

'Come here.'

I sighed and made my way across the yard stopping a few feet, I looked up and at him and said, 'What?'

'What the fuck is that?' He asked gesturing towards the driveway/

'What?'

He jumped down so we were standing closer. 'I thought you promised me you were going to break up with him?'

'You should have thought of that when you were fucking Jenn in your driveway.'

He looked shocked that I knew. 'That has nothing to do with anything.'

'You can't expect me to break up with Ben when you're still fucking Jenn behind my back. If we're going to be together, you're breaking up with her. You can't have your cake and eat it too Bam.'

'Sure I can.' He said.

I reached up and did the first thing that came to mind, I slapped him across the face so hard his head turned and he had an instant handprint.

'What the fuck, Ri!'

'Go fucking sulk in your room Bam. You just lost me again.' I spat at him before turning and walking away. 'Jess, I want to leave.'

'Some things never change.' He said as he and Sarah followed me to his car.