‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Wedding

Chapter 20:

'Rian, you look so pretty!' Cassie said hugging me.

'Thanks Cass.' I said looking down at my white gown.

My nerves were in a frenzy and my stomach was in knots. The big day was finally here. I was surprised to find I was actually excited.

'I'll see out there, okay?' I asked Cassie and Sarah, hugging both of them.

They left me alone in the room and I heard my phone ringing from my purse. I walked over to it and grabbed it.

'Hello?' I heard the music starting up.

'Ri. It's Bam.'

'Bam?' I asked smiling.

'I just want you let you know...I'm really sorry I'm not there. I'm sure you look beautiful.'

'Thanks Bam.' I said.

'Alright, I'll let you go get married.'

'Kay.'

'Love you.'

'I love you too, Bam.'

We hung up just as the music stopped. I thought that was odd considering it was supposed to play until I got to the end of the asile. I walked over to the door and stuck my head out. Everyone was looking around.

'Ri...' Jess said running up to me.

'You look good Jess.' I smiled seeing his tux.

'Thanks. I need to tell you something.'

'What?'

'Ben's not here.'

'What.' The feeling that took over my body was like being hit with a Mack truck. I was shocked, confused, upset, angry, and happy all rolled into one.

'I'm really sorry.' Jess said taking me into his arms.

I let it sink in for a moment before realizing what was happening.

April and Phil were getting everyone to go outside the church while I pushed passed Jess. I walked towards the alter and sat down. Then I just started crying.

'I just want to be alone.' I said seeing Cassie and Sarah walking towards me.

I sat on the steps of the church alter crying in my big white dress fro awhile. I took my hair down, ripped off my engagement ring, and tore apart my bouquet.

'What are you doing?'

I looked up from my own sorrows to see Bam standing at the twenty feet away in a tux.

'Crying. I thought you were in Florida?'

'I'm not. I'm in West Chester.'

'Why are you wearing a tux?'

'I thought I was attending a wedding...' He said walking closer.

'You though wrong. He stood me up.' I said wiping my tears. 'There is no wedding.'

'Come on, Ri.' He said. 'You think we should let a pretty dress like that go to waste?'

'What are you talking about?'

'Well let's get married.'

'I don't have a groom.'

'What the fuck do you think I am?' He asked gestuing to his tux.

'What?' I asked laughing.

'Stand up we're getting married!'

'We're not even engaged!' I said laughing.

'For the love of fuck's sake Ri!' He said reaching into his pocket and getting down on his knee.

'Rian Marie Lightman...will you marry me...right here, right now?' He asked holding out the prettiest diamond ring I had ever seen.

'Are you kidding?' I asked.

'Nope.'

'Yes, Bam. I will marry you.' I said. He slipped the ring on my finger and I flung my arms around his neck.

'Do I always have to lock you two in a room to get you to be friends again?' Jess asked as he came in followed by all our friends and family.

'Let's just get this wedidng shit over so we can get to the reception!' Bam said making everyone laugh even the preist.

Bam and I were married on December 15, 2002. It's funny how things had changed so much between us. We ended up having two little hellion boys named Jack and Alex.

I know it's cliche, but we lived happily ever after...of course with a few fights here and there.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had the ending done for days and I couldn't wait any longer to post it! I want to thank my two commenters. I loved every single one of your comments! It kept me writing. :) I hope this lived up to the first one! I'm staring the sequel to In Joy and Sorrow right now. So be sure to check it out!