‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Death

Chapter 3:

It had been a good six months since the wedding. And I was happy to be able to put it behind me. Bam had been a complete asshole to me the entire time. And Rose yelled at me later for ruining her wedding by moaping down the aisle with Bam.

I was extremely glad to forget all of them again and focus back on my new life. I was freshly graduated from college with a major in secondary education and was looking for places to live and teach. Ben and I were doing better then ever. And Sarah was still begging me to hook her up with Jess. They were both too scared to mention their feelings to each other.

I decided I needed to vamp up this new phase of my life by dying my hair a few shades of brown lighter. Making me look like the whole new person that I was.

A call in the middle of the night woke me from my slumber and made me roll out of Ben's arms and over to the nightstand where my phone was ringing away.

'Hello?' I mumbled pushing my hair away from my face.

'Ri...' Cassie asked snifflinf away and I knew she was crying.

'What's wrong Cass? Why are you calling so late?' I asked sitting up in bed and trying to figure out what could possibly be going on.

'It's...it's...'

'Cass, relax. Tell me what's going on.'

'Mom...'

'What about her?' I asked feeling my heart rise to my throat.

'She's dead.' Cassie said as sobs wracked her body.

'How?'

'Her and Scott got in an accident and their dead.' Cassie said sobbing louder.

'Where are you?' I asked begining to panic.

'At the house.'

'Cass, I don't want you there alone okay? I'm gonna have Jess take you over to the Margera's. I'll be there as soon as possible.' I said climbing out of bed and throwing clothes on my body.

'Where are you going?' Ben asked sitting up and squinting at me as I dialed Jess's number.

'My mom just died in a car accident.' I explained hurridely as a sleepy Jess answered the phone.

'Jess, I need you to do my a huge favor.' I said trying to pack clothes in a bag.

'Yeah?'

'Go to my mom's and get my sister.'

'Why?' Jess asked.

'My mom and Scott just died in a car accident.'

'Holy shit, Ri are you okay?'

'It hasn't hit me yet. Just go get her please?' I asked. 'I'm on my way.'

With that I hung up the phone and grabbed my bag.

'You want me to come with you, babe?' Ben asked throwing my blankets off his legs.

'Just, stay here, please. I need to go be with my sister.' I said. 'I'll call you when I get there.' I walked to the bed and gave him a quick kiss on the lips before making my way out to my car and then to West Chester, Pennsylvania.

Just as the sun was coming up, I pulled into the Margera's new yellow house that Bam had bought after the success of Jackass.

Jess cam running out as I climbed out of my car.

'You okay?' He asked pulling me into a hug.

'I'm just in shock.' I admitted pulling away. 'Is Cassie okay?'

'She's sleeping on the couch.' He said nodding.

'Thank you so much Jess.' I said sighing heavily.

'Come on in the house. Ape just woke up and she's all worried about you.' He said making me smile and follow him in.

'Oh, Rian!' April said running towards me as soon as I was through the back door. She threw her arms around me and hugged me tight. 'I am so sorry. I just saw it on the news when Jess went outside. I hope you're okay, honey. If you and Cassie need anything, Phil, the boys, and I are right here.'

'Thanks Ape.' I said smiling as we broke our hug. 'I love the new house by the way.'

'Thank you honey. Your sister's right there in the living room.'

I mumbled my thanks and walked towads the other half of the large open room to find the living room where Cassie was sprawled on the couch.

'Cass.' I whispered pushing her hair back.

She groaned a bit in her sleep before opening her eyes. 'Rian?'

'Yeah.' I said making her jump up and hug me.

'Ri, what are we gonna do without Mom?' She asked instantly hugging me.

'I don't know Cass. Let's take it one thing at a time, okay?' I asked pulling away from her and drying her tears. 'Let's go the house.'

She nodded and sat up putting her shoes and hoodie on.

'Ape, I hope you don't mind if we go back to my mom's for a bit?'

'Of course not. You girls do whatever you want. But call me later okay?'

I nodded as Cassie said her thank yous and walked out to my car. I followed close behind her and climed in the drivers seat driving off to the medium sized yellow ranch I once called home.

'I can't believe I'm back here.' I said walking taking out my key and opening the door. I stepped inside and Cassie followed close behind.

'It's weird knowing they'll never be here again.' Cassie whispered.

'Don't think like that.' I said walking into the kitchen to look for food.

'Do we have to stay here?'

'Where are we going to go, Cass?' I asked finding most of the cabinets empty.

'I don't know but being here is creeping me out.' She said looking around.

'Cass, we'll be fine.' I said sighing. 'Didn't mom go shopping ever?'

'Not really. They started going out to eat every night after you left.' Cassie explained.

'Well what did you eat?'

'I went to friend's houses.' She continued. 'They were heading out to dinner last night when it happened.'

'Well, if we're staying here, we need a little food for the next few days. Although I'm sure April will have us over every night for dinner.' I said smiling and ruffling her hair a bit as I walked by. 'I'm putting my stuff, in my room.'

I grabbed my bag, which I had left by the door, and made my way up the stairs to my old room. I opened the door and peaked inside and smiled seeing it had stayed the same.

I noticed all the dust covered pictures on my dresser and walked over to look at them. She was one of me and Rose hugging at the beach, one of my and all the guys outside the Margera's on Bam's 17th birthday, one of me and Bam in his first car, one of me and Jess at a school dance, and the last one was of me and Bam kissing.

I took that one and flipped it face down so I wouldn't have to look at it.

Deciding I should probably head to the grocery store now, I grabbed my purse and went downstairs.

'Cass?' I called and she peeked her head out from the bathroom. 'I'm going to the store. Are you coming?'

'Yup.' She said fluffing her hair one last time and locking the front door behind her as we both climbed in my car.

'Why haven't you cried yet?' She asked after a few minutes of silence.

'What?' I asked glancing at her.

'You haven't cried over Mom dying yet.'

'I don't Cass. It still hasn't hit me I guess.'

We made our way through the store getting everything we would need. Once that was done, we made our way to the register. The line was long so I busied myself flipping through a magazine. Until I heard some very familliar voices.

'Now that is an ass.' I turned around to find Bam looking me up and down like it was nothing new to him.

'Excuse me.'

'Just a compliment.'

'You're such an asshole.' I said rolling my eyes.

Dunn noticed it was me and came over and gave me a huge hug. 'I heard what happened.'

'Thanks, Dunn.' I said smiling.

'Are you okay with everything?' He asked.

'I don't yet.' I admitted.

'Wait, Dunn, you know her?' Bam asked looking confused.

'You do too?' Raab said laughing.

'No I don't.' Bam said.

'What is he on?' I asked Dunn.

'That's real nice, Bam. Forget the girl you're in love with and you lost your virginity to.' Dunn said walking off to the beer asile.

'Oh, it's you.' Bam said realizing who I was. 'You dyed your hair.'

'Yup.' I said turning around and letting him go on his merry way.

'Dunn just said Bam still loves you.' Cassie pointed out as I placed our things on the belt.

'That's nice for him.' I said trying desperatly to hide the fact my insides were dancing a conga line.

I assumed it worked because she didn't bring it up again and neither did I.
♠ ♠ ♠
One to two one shots in the works. Ask for one shots!! Don't forget to comment and subscribe and look at my page daily for the Bam Picture of the Day!