‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Opinion

Chapter 6:

I woke up to find that Bam and I had spent the night on the couch. The menu screen for the Lost Boys was on the TV and Cry Little Sister was playing. I yawned and looked around. The clock above the TV read 9:35. Bam would be out cold for a few more hours. I smiled down at him and climbed over him.

I made my way up the stairs. I could hear noise in the kitchen and smiled when I smelled April's world famous apple pancakes.

'Oh Ape, you are my hero.' I said walking in and taking a seat at the island.

'I didn't know you spent the night here!' She said laughing. 'What happened last night?'

'Nothing really. Bam and I just decided to spend the night pretending we were sixteen again.' I said making her laugh.

'So what'd you end up doing?'

'Driving around West Chester and laughing.' I said smiling and remembering the night before. 'Then we came back here and started watching the Lost Boys but we both fell asleep.'

'Well, I'm glad he made you feel better.' She said smiling. 'Your sister spent the night at a friends, just so you know.'

'Thanks.' I said nodding. 'I don't know what I'm going to do with her. She can't expect to live in West Chester by herself.'

'Well, Rian. Did you ever think of moving back here?' She asked placing a freshly cooked pancake on my plate.

'No.' I admitted. The thought had never occured to me. I had sworn never to return to this place because of Bam. But now that he and I were on better terms, it seemed as though it could work.

'I mean you could get a nice little apartment in town and I heard that Fugett's looking for a new English teacher.' She said smiling at me.

'Really?' I asked digging into the pancakes. 'I'll definatly look into it. Maybe I can even convince Sarah to move down with me.'

'Who's Sarah?' April asked as she began to clean up the kitchen.

'My best friend, room mate, and Jess's new crush. He won't admit it though.' I said laughing.

April and I gossiped away for a few more hours and it made me realize how much I had missed her.

Spending time in the small Pennsylvania town really made the whole idea of moving back more appealing. I began looking for apartments, deciding there was no way in hell I would be able to afford my mother's house. I would put that up for sale and use the little money she had left me for my new life.

Cassie was absolutely smitten with the idea of living with Sarah and I in West Chester. She came with me to all the apartment showings I went to.

We finally found one that was in our price range. It was a 4 bedroom townhouse with three bathrooms and a 2 car garage. It was going for $2,800 a month which was less then what Sarah and I were paying for now for our small 2 bedroom in Pittsburgh.

After the tour, Cassie and I told the woman we wanted it no questions asked and we could move in whenever we wanted. I called Sarah as soon as we left and she was bouncing off the walls with excitement.

I called Bam and told him to get ready because I had a big surprise for him. I pulled in his driveway and picked him up.

'Why are you so bouncy?' He asked chuckling a little as I drove over to my new home.

'I'm just really excited.' I said. I was so excited for him to know I was moving back. I had been picturing the happy look on his face for days.

'For what?' He asked as we pulled into the driveway of my new home. 'What's this?'

'Just come on.' I said shutting off my car and jumping out. I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the door. 'Ready?'

'Yes, Rian.' He said rolling his eyes. I unlocked the door and pushed it open to reveal my completely empty apartment.

'An empty apartment?' He asked looking around. 'Did Ape ask you to convince me to move out?'

'No.' I said laughing. 'It's not for you.'

'Who's it for then?' He asked.

'Me.' I said proudly. 'Cassie and Sarah too. There's four bedrooms so we can have someone crash here if they need to, too. Isn't it great?'

'No. It's not.' He said making the smile fade from my face.

'Why?'

'You're moving back?' He asked.

'Yeah. We can hang out all the time now.' I said hoping he would see how great it all was.

'This is a horrible idea, Rian. I hope you realize that.' He said walking out of the house.

I stood in the middle of the empty living room stunned. Everyone had given me positive feed back on the idea of moving to West Chester. Ben was even talking about looking for apartments in the area.

However Bam's opinion had been the only one that mattered on the matter. Now I was starting to second guess if I was really doing the right thing.