‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Housewarming

Chapter 7:

'We are moving and I don't care what you say!' Sarah said to me as soon as I entered the door. Most of our belongings were boxed up and placed near the door and ready to go.

'You've been busy.' I said shutting the door behind me and laughing.

'Ri, you can't not move just because Bam fucking Margera has to be a complete asshole.' Sarah said as she followed me to the couch and we both plopped down. 'I mean, fuck him. You have Ben now. Who's probably the best guy in the whole wide world for you. And Bam's just some dickhead you loved in highschool.'

I sighed heavily and let everything she had just said sink in. She was right after all. I couldn't let everyone down just because he didn't want me there. 'You're right, Sarah. Fuck him!'

I smiled wide and made my way into my room to throw all my things in a box.

A week later, we were all moved in. Sarah and Jess were hanging out non-stop which made me laugh. They still had yet to admit to anyone that they were together.

April decided to throw us a house warming party. Everyone was in our new apartment which made me smile to see all my old friends near me agian. I figured April must have forced Bam to come, because we still hadn't spoken a word to eachother all week.

He had been sitting in a cornor all night thinking he was sneaking glances at me, but I had caught him everytime.

He finally approached me while Ben was in a heated discussion with Phil about where the best place in Philly to get a cheese steak was.

'Hey, Ri.'

'Hi, Bam.' I said smiling at him.

'I'm sorry for freaking out that day.' He said taking a sip of the wine he was drinking.

'It's okay.' I said shrugging. 'You've done worse to me. So, wine?'

'It's good. Want a sip?' He asked handing it to me.

'Sure.' I said smiling and feeling better now that we were back on speaking terms. I took a sip and handed it back to him. 'I'm not a wine person.'

He chuckled a little. 'You look really pretty tonight.'

'Thanks, Bam.' I said smiling wider and biting my lip a bit.

The sound of a knife on a glass went through the room and everyone turned to see April smiling.

'I figured I would say a few words to Rian.' She said smiling. 'Ri, I'm so glad you decided to move back. We've all missed you terribly. And we all just want you to know we love you.'

Everyone clapped and I walked over to where April was and gave her a big hug. 'I just want to thank all of you, for helping me move and being so supportive. And of course, helping Cassie and I through the passing of our Mother.' I took a deep breath and continued. 'And I'm excited to share this new home with all of you, but most of all with Sarah and Cassie.'

Everyone clapped and raised their glasses. I could see Ben making his way towards me.

'I need to ask Rian something very important.' He said making everyone stop again. 'Ri, I love you more then life itself and I want to spend the rest of my life with you...'

I stopped breathing and my eyes went wide as he sank to his knee. Everyone around me gasped as he fumbled in his pocket. I didn't look down, but I scanned the crowd until I found a certain pair of blue eyes. Bam held my gaze and slowly he shook his head no.

'Rian Marie Lightman, will you marry me?' I looked down at Ben with a wide smile on his face and a huge diamond in his hand. Every inch of my body was screaming no. I looked up to Bam hoping he would be able to help me. But instead of the crystal blue orbs, I found his retreating back walking out my front door, unnoticed by anyone. I looked down to Ben and then I did something completely crazy...

I said yes.