‹ Prequel: One Last Time
Status: Finished.

The Way I Loved You

Pretending

Chapter 8:

'Bye, honey.' Ben said leaning in to kiss me. I gave him a quick kiss and practically pushed him out the door. I slammed it shut and leaned against it muttering a string of curses.

'Okay, what's the deal?'

I turned to find Cassie, Sarah, and Jess sitting in the living room. Cassie flicked the TV off and made room for me on the couch.

'Yeah, why aren't you all bubbly and girly like most engaged women?' Jess asked.

'Everything's fine.' I said trying to hide the fact that I hated Ben.

'We're not stupid Ri.' Sarah said laughing. 'Everytime he brings you home you push him out the door.'

'Ugh, fine I fucking hate him.' I said making them all laugh.

'How can you hate him?' Cassie asked. 'He's like the perfect guy.'

'I know he is.' I said. 'That's why I hate him.'

'That doesn't make any sense at all.'

'Look, I don't want Mr. Perfect. He's just way too predictable. I know every move he's going to make. It's annoying. And there's just never any passion. Like when you get in a huge fight and then get back together and it's like you were apart for five years instead of five minutes, we don't have that. We never fight, we never bicker. He doesn't do anything to piss me off.' I explained hurriedly. 'I just want something different.'

'I know what this is about.' Jess said sighing.

'You can still read me like a book, huh Jess?' I asked smirking.

'Of course. Any idiot that grew up with you and Bam can totally see it.' Jess said.

'See what?' Sarah asked.

'I'm still in love with Bam.' I muttered.

'And he still loves you.' Jess said making me look at him. 'That's why he hasn't come around in a few days. He doesn't want to be near you while your engaged.'

'I hate this diamond.' I said looking down at it. 'It's way too fucking big.'

'You know what I miss about Bam?' I said after a few minutes of the silence.

'What?' Jess asked.

'I miss how crazy and frustrating he is.' I said smiling. 'You think if I go there he'll talk to me?'

'Maybe.' Jess said shrugging. 'I'd go now though.'

'I'll be back.' I said rushing out to my car.

I hopped in and sped off to Bam's house. He was outside on the ramp when I pulled in. It looked like he was having an off day. I watched him drop in, fall, pick up his board, and throw it in a bush.

He screamed 'Fuck!' and then went in search of it. I began my way towards him, feeling the knots twist in my stomach.

He saw my coming and I saw his mood seemed to get worse the closer I got.

'What do you want?' He asked as he went to drop in again.

'I want to talk to you.' I said watching him pull trick after trick.

'So talk...' He said still going back and forth.

'Are you mad at me?' I asked.

'A little.'

'Why?'

'Because everyone under the sun can see that guys a fucking dickhead.' He ended his run and stood at the top of the ramp panting.

I climbed up on the ramp and held my hand up for him to help me. He grabbed on and pulled me up the ramp.

'So you think he's a dick?'

'Since when have you liked frat boys Ri?' He asked as I sat down. 'I thought you went for the piece of shit skaters.'

'You're not a piece of shit.' I said giggling a little.

'Sure I am. Look at me.' He said gesturing to his attire. 'Now I'm just all bitter because I lost you.'

'What do you mean?' I asked.

'Rian, you were the best thing that ever happened to me besides getting signed and doing Jackass. And I fucked up with you. Now look at us. I'm seeing a women that fucks around on me everynight. And you're engaged to an asshole you don't love.' He said grabbing his board.

'I love him.'

'Sure you do, Ri.' He said chuckling as he got ready to drop in. 'Keep on pretending.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please! I'm really liking this story. :)