My Best Friend's Cousin.

Going to Texas!

" Madam, are you alright?" The butler suddenly came up behind me as I was packing my stuff in my pink suitcase. I jumped a bit, indicating I was not expecting him to be behind me. I swear, all of my butlers are like ninjas lurking around in the house only they were wearing suits and they don't go "HAIYA!" every time they chop food.

"Alex, how many time did I tell you, call me by my name, Kelly? And yes, I'm alright, Alex, urr, can you fix me up a tuna sandwich? I'm really hungry." I said in my L.A. accent. I'm not even sure if we have an accent but they say I do. Well, I wanted a British accent, thank you very much.

"Of course, madam ah, I mean, Kelly" Alex said and went out my pink painted door. After I forcefully closed the lid of my suitcase with a satisfying grunt, I sat on the edge of my bed, staring ahead at my study table and all of the pictures on the wall. There were dozens of pictures of me and my Best friend, Kayla. I smiled, looking at one of the picture with me and her at the beach when she got a frost bite eating her Ice cream, in SUMMER.

I was happy, until she moved to Texas last January, but now it's July, summer again, and I can finally visit her, hence the packing. I'll be taking off in 1 hour using my step-dad's private plane. Ahhh, my step-dad. His name is Richy Goldberg (ironic, I know). He's old, rich, not that handsome but yet my mummy--who's name is Bethany--married him after she divorced my daddy. I guess, mummy is just another gold-digger and she doesn't care about me anymore after I turned 18 last month. I won't be surprised if she kicked me out of the house. I sighed, being the only child is really boring sometimes.

"Kelly, your sandwich," I heard Alex suddenly said beside me making me jump and fall off the bed with an 'Ooph' sound coming from my mouth.

"OH! I'm sorry," Alex exclaimed while putting the sandwich on my bedside table and went back to me, putting out his hand, indicating me to take his hand and when I did, he pulled me up from my sitting position.

"Nah, it's OK," I said, while patting my butt from invisible dust. "Thanks Alex," I said, after seeing the delicious looking tuna sandwich and a glass of orange juice on the side, droplets of water running down the side, indicating that it's cold. My stomach growled dangerously like she's (yes, it's a she) saying, "I'M HUNGRY, BITCH! EAAAAT!!!"

I walked to the table, munching down the sandwich and drinking the orang juice when it was finished. I licked my fingers clean--which is covered my bread crumbs--when I was done.

I checked my watch and decided it was time to leave. I took my white purse bag, pink suit case and took one look back at my room and closed the door. I feel very dramatic like that, like I'm not coming back for like, a year.

Conscience:"Well, it's just 1 month, Kelly, stop dreaming!"

Me : "Pshh, Whatever."

Brendon suddenly took my suit case and descended the stairs. Look, having butlers running around the house is great but when they magically appear behind you and take your things, it's not funny. Shocking, actually.

I rolled my eyes and went down the swirled stairs and when I arrived at first floor, I was already pooped out. My room is on the fifth floor, go figure. I hate being rich, no matter how much some people like it. I rather having a nice, cozy and warm, two floor house and a loving family than THIS. I'm just not a material type of person.

In my whole eighteen years of life, I've never felt so lonely. My only best friend is in another country, my mum doesn't care about me and even though I'm pretty, I have no boyfriend. I blame my weird self for that.

Kayla and I met when I was in kindergarten. I was crying because Amanda Crimes--yes, I remember her name--stole my crayons. But then Kayla sat down next to me and said, "My name ith Kaywa. Whaths' youws?" and we became best friends since. And now, I'm in Junior year at Gallagher high school with her, the same courses and periods with a little money from mummy's platinum credit card.

But then a shocking news came and Kayla was force to move to Texas, due to her grandmother's death. She was told one week before they moved, making me cry with her for one week, dreading the day she moves.

I smiled at the memory of me and her taking loads of pictures before she moved. I suddenly grab my golden heart necklace which is hanging loosely on my neck. It was given by my daddy the day before he left when I was six.

Flashback.

"DADDY! Where are you going?" I said in my pajamas coming out of my room in the middle of the night after hearing my parents screaming at each other and heard the heavy footsteps my dad made when he went up the stairs and came down with a suitcase and duffel bag.

"Honey.." He said, looking back from the door and looked back at me sadly.

I hugged my dad's legs with my six year old arms and cried, "Where are you going?" I whispered looking up at him.

I saw the sadness in his eyes and a tear dropped from his eyes while he said, "Daddy's gonna go. Mummy is making me leave." He lift me up and hugged me while I hugged him, sobbing.

"Kelly Hunter, I want you to promise me, that you'll study really hard," he said looking me in the eyes and continued, "I want you to know that I will always love you, and I'll be with you in here," he said, putting his hand on my heart, "You're gonna be a really beautiful girl and promise me, you'll be what you want to be, a doctor." He said and put out his pinky, "Pinky promise?" he said with a small smile and my six year old pinky grabbed his and said, "Pinky Promise."

He smiled and put me down. He squatted, being in the same height level with me and turned me around. Putting something around my neck and clasped the lock on the back. He turned me back around, kissed me on the forehead while hugging me. I hugged him back, still crying. "I love you,Kelly. Daddy will always do no matter when and where, I'll always love you." He said in my ear, his eyes letting out a tear while I cried harder.

He let me go, stood up, smiled down at me and went out the door. When he closed the door, I opened it back, seeing his red pick up truck coming out of the driveway. "DADDY!" I screamed with my six year old voice.

"DADDY!! DADDY!!! DADDY!!!!!" I screamed out until my mum came out, lift me up and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, looking at me with already red rims in her eyes.

"NO!" I screamed, struggling and she put me down with a hurt look.

"NO! You're not sorry, MUMMY! You made daddy leave! You're EVIL! I HATE YOU!" I screamed and ran up the stairs, going in my room and closed the door, crying.

End of flashback.

I closed my eyes, a tear dropping on my right cheek.

"Kelly? Are you OK?" My mum suddenly came into view and asked me.

"Oh, uhh, yeah. I'm OK." I said to my mum and wiped the tears secretly.

"Well, you know what to do, call me when you get there, when you need me and I already filled your wallet with 3 credit cards. Just in case." She smiled at me and hugged me.

I smiled back, not really happy. Money is not what I want was what I wanted to say to her. I want love and care. I was about to say I love her when suddenly her blackberry rang and she walked away, answering her phone with a "Hello?"

I sighed unhappily and walked out of the enormous doorway in the front and got in the awaiting black Mercedes. The driver closed the door and got inside the car on the driver's side.

I pulled out my iPod and listened to random songs, looking out of the tinted window. I didn't realize I fell asleep until Eric-the driver-woke me up with a "Miss, we're here."

I opened my eyes slowly and got my white purse bag and got out. Sure enough the jet plane was right in front of me when I got out. I climbed up the stairs and got in, already excited to see the comfy looking bed and sofa that is attached to the wall once again.

And the fact that I'm visiting my BEST FRIEND made me even MORE excited. Eep!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm new! :D Please Please Please comment on it. Constructive Criticism is always welcomed! ;)