Dance to This Beat

Exchanging Body Heat

"Sit still," I told the overly-hyper Brendon.

"Sorry," he apologized cheerfully.

I continued to trim his hair--trying not to cut him while he squirmed around in the seat.

"Hey Claire?" He looked up at me with his big, brown eyes.

"Yeah?" I replied, still concentrating on his hair.

"Are you and Jon in love?"

I sighed. Sometimes he could be just as persistant as an eight-year-old. "Yeah. I love him. I just hope he feels the same."

"Oh god. Don't even question that," he snorted. "He's crazy about you. You should hear him when you're not around--you'e all he talks about."

I laughed in spite of myself. "You're done."

Bren picked up the mirror that was sitting on the counter and looked into it. When decided that he was "pleased with how it looked", he walked over to me and hugged me. "Thanks Claire Bear."

"No problem," I chuckled. "Tell Spencer he's next."

He exited through the open bathroom door, and I hoisted myself up onto the counter. I looked around Ryan's gueat bathroom; it was huge.

I relaxed against the cool mirror and just when I was comfortable, Spencer walked in.

"Aloha."

I laughed out loud as I got off the counter. "Where's the pineapple?"

"I knew you're allergic, so Brendon, Ryan, and Jon are eating it," Spencer answered.

"How thoughtful."

"Why, thank you."

"No problem." He smiled up (!) at me ashe took a seat. "But I brought you a mango daquiri."

"No alcohol?"

"Bullshit."

I laughed again. "You know me too well."

"You are my twin."

"Of course. How could I forget?"

"I'm highly offended."

"Sorry, Spencer-kins." I grinned childlishly at him.

------

"Thanks, babe."

"No problem," I said, leaning down to kiss Jon.

"So you're Spencer's twin now, huh?" he asked.

"Yup," I laughed.

"Ironicly, you do look alike."

"Weird, right?"

We walked to the living room where Brendon, Ryan, and Spncer were watching Moulin Rouge!.

"Voulez-vous coucher avec moi c'est soir?" Satine sang.

I plopped down onto the couch next to Spencer to watch the movie with them. Jon sat down next to me and put his arm on the back of the couch.

Brendon looked over at us and smiled. I grinned back and glanced over at Ryan. He was texting someone--probably Alexandria.

"Ry seem pretty serious with that Alexandria girl," I whispered to Jon.

He nodded. "Yeah. You should've heard him while we were gone--they were the most annoying couple ever."

I giggled--getting a Look from Brendon, who was "concentrating on the movie." Puh-lease. We had seen it at least a million times.

Ryan laughed out loud, making us all jump and turn to look at him. His face turned red as he blushed. "Sorry."

Brendon--with his two second attention span--looked over at me. "Claire Bear, what's that mean?"

"What, Brendon? What does what mean?" I asked impatiently.

"Voulez-vouz--whatever. That song."

I laughed. "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi c'est soir? That means 'will you go to bed with me tonight?'."

"Oh. You know, now that I think about it, that makes a lot of sense."

"Just a little," Jon commented sarcasticly.

"Hey, man," Brendon pionted a finger at him, "shut up."

Spencer snorted a laugh. "Seriously?"

"Yup," Brendon remarked proudly.

Wow. That kid had some serious issues.

------

I groaned as Brendon basicly jumped on me, belting out "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

"I will kill you, child."

"Have you ever noticed that your voice gets extra-country when you're mad?" He batted his eyelashes at me and waited for an answer.

"No, I wasn't aware," I said through gritted teeth.

"Well it does."

"I'm from Mississippi, Bren--Dammit! You got that song stuck in my head."

He grinned apologeticly--almost sheepishly. "Sorry."

Spencer turned from the TV. "Would you mind, I don't know, shutting up? The best part's coming up." With that he leaned back into the couch and turned up the volume.

Brendon and I watched as Meg leaned back on the stone bench and looked longingly at the flower Hercules had given her. "If there's a prize for rotten judgement, I guess I've already won that."

We exchanged glances and waited for the right part of the song. The part we knew Spencer would kill us for inturrupting.

"No chance, no way. I won't say it!" we belted out. "This scene won't play, I won't say I'm in love."

"You guys!"

We grinned at him, then ran off to the kitchen where Ryan and Jon were talking.

"Hiya!"

Jon wrapped his arms around me as I giggled into his chest--my arms were already
wrapped around him.

"Dork," he laughed.

"But I'm your dork," I protested.

He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

Suddenly, I couldn't pictue my life without him in it.
♠ ♠ ♠
You're gonna hate me pretty much from the next chapter (I think that's when) until the end, but then you can love me again! This chapter's really cute, I love it(: