Status: Revised Death, Love and Family.... Long way to go!!!

Death, Love and Family: The Updated Version.

Chapter 3: One Year Later

"Matt come on get up, get your ass out of bed, I am not going to let you waste away in your bedroom again. Come on up, up breakfast is down stairs." I said as I opened the blinds and pulled off his quilt.

Matt groaned and said hoarsely "Niki go away! I'm tired and hung over let me sleep."

I huffed and crossed my arms standing right next to his head, glaring down at him. He turned his head slightly and looked at me through half open eyes. "Don't look at me like that Nik," I started tapping my foot loudly against the hard wood floor. He sighed and turned his face into his pillow "What did I do this time?" He questioned knowing when I came in glaring and tapping my foot while trying to get his hung over ass out of bed that he had done something wrong while he was drunk the night before.

"Well hmm...let’s see, last night you drank your weight in beer and whiskey then decided you wanted to drive home. Thankfully I got you before you got to the door, then you yelled at me because I was being oh so selfish, and an hour later I found you drunk off your ass making out with some random blonde skank as she tried to get in your pants. So I pulled you off of her then got yelled at yet again because you said you were old enough and mature enough to know what you were doing. Then I waited another hour watching you drink even more till you passed out. Then I called Brian and Zack to come help me get you home and when we got you upstairs you decided to wake up and yell at me some more for I don't know what so I slammed the door and went to bed."

He sighed and said "Maybe you should have just let me do what I was going to so I could learn from my own mistakes." He turned over to lie on his back.

I sighed heavily and sat down next to him on the bed, "Matt, I made a promise to Val that I would watch out for you and make sure you didn't throw your life away, but you making it extremely hard to keep that promise, I told her I wouldn't let you just have your way with all of the groupies or let them take advantage of you. That I would wait until you came to grips with what happened and fell in love again, but Matt almost every night for the past year I've had to kick out so many groupies and put up with your drunk ass. Do you have any idea how hard it is to watch your best friend throw their life away?"

Matt sighed again and sat up. He wrapped his arms around me from the side and nestled his head in the crook of my neck, "I'm sorry Niki, I just miss her so much, I don't know what to do. Not to mention it's been over a year since I've had sex so I'm a horny bastard with women throwing themselves at me especially when I'm drunk....I just can't help it.....I'm sorry for making you put up with my sorry ass...............Everything in my life has just been so fucked up since the plane crash, I just don't know what's left for me other then a life alone in misery."

I leaned into him and said quietly "You'll never be alone Matt, you just have to move on and find love again....for all you know it could be right in front of you.....but no matter what you will always have the guys and me and Sara, you are never alone and never will be."

He nodded slightly into the side of my neck, then groaned because of the massive headache he had from drinking last night. I chuckled slightly and said "I made some coffee and there is a bottle of aspirin sitting next to the pot."

He shook his head and said "You're too good to me," He kissed my cheek "Thank you for everything Niki; I don't know what'd I'd do with out you."

I laughed and said "You probably would've crawled into a hole and rotted years ago. Now come on big guy we actually gotta get you into the studio today."

I got up and held out my hands for him to grab so I could pull him up. He reached out and gabbed my hand. I leaned back and pulled him up; he's pretty heavy so I had to actually lean back to get leverage enough to actually pull him up. I think I actually pulled to hard this time because when I pulled him up we stumbled backwards until my back hit the wall and Matt landed on top of me.

"Oof" I groaned, "Matt you're heavy!" I whined.

He chuckled but made no move to get off of me, "You know you like it!" He said still laughing to his self.

I turned my head and looked up at him only to find him looking back at me with a look I hadn't seen in a year. The look he was giving me scared me yet it made me feel the butterflies in my stomach. It was the same look he used to give Val.

No, not Matt, I can't have feelings for.... my thoughts trailed off as soon as his lips hit mine. Damn, he's a good kisser I thought as I kissed back. Holy shit, did I just think that about my best friend He ran his tongue across my bottom lip and I just lost it, I gave in to the kiss.

And that is how it all started.