Status: Finished

She's Glitter Gold

I'll fall to your arms just like I always do

“Really Jack?” I stared at the young boy with mild disapproval.

“But I want it!” He whined. I stared at the toy he was holding.. He loped back over to the shelf and returned it to its rightful spot in the store.

“Erin sucks Alex dick.” He mumbled joining my side. I smacked his arm and pushed him out of the all year round costume store and onto the boardwalk that bordered the river.

“Alex is stupid. Who has a Halloween party in fucking July?” I asked lacing my fingers through his.

“We wanted to do something big before tour!” I sighed at the thought of tour. Three months without Jack. It was hardly a thought I was ready to cope with.

“I’m going to miss you.” I muttered quietly. He stopped in front of me and met my sad eyes.

“We’ll be back before you even realize we’re gone!” I scoffed at this.

“Jack, three months is a long time without your immature ass.” I said leaning against his chest. He laughed softly.

“You act as though you’re going to miss me.”

“Jack Bassum!” I exclaimed staring up at him.

“Erin Noell!” He retorted mocking my surprise. I huffed and grabbed his keys that were hanging off a belt loop on his impossibly tight jeans.

“Whoa! Wait until we get home baby!” I rolled my eyes and stopped beside his canary yellow car.

“We didn’t get anything though!”

“You can be a banana.”

“Whyyyy?!”

“Cause I said so.”

“How about a pirate?” I sighed.

“Fine. Where are you going to find a pirate costume Jack? They didn’t have anything worth buying and Wal-Mart is currently not selling Halloween stuff.”

“I have one at home.”

“Somehow this doesn’t surprise me.” I said sitting down in the car.

“I have something for you too!” I sighed and looked out the window. Whatever he had wasn’t going to be anything I liked but it was his party and I was more than happy to make him happy on one of his last nights in Maryland.

>>Party

It was over crowded. The people were over zealous. I was overly happy. Jack had come through. Purple tights, a gray sequined off the shoulder dress and a small gold crown we had bobby pinned into my hair. I was his 80’s princess captive and he was Captain Jack.

“Hi baby.” He whispered in my ear. His arms wrapped securely around my waist.

“Where did you go?” I shouted over the Blink 182 song that Alex had put on repeat. I think I was the only one who had noticed this for everyone was still dancing like it was a different song each time.

“I had to set something up.” He said kissing me. I smiled into the kiss. There wasn’t an ounce of alcohol on his breath only the taste of the sandwich he’d eaten at Panera’s earlier that day.

“You haven’t drank anything!”

“I had to make it a sober night for you baby. These are good memories not jump off the roof memories.” I laughed and pulled him onto the couch where we stayed for most of the night. Alex grabbed a mic that was sitting beside a unused karaoke machine. The music was turned down to nothing more than small background music.

“So, as you all know we’re going on tour in two days.” There were cheers all around us.
“Yeah, and my bro, Jack over there has something he wants to say. Get your skinny ass up here man and bring Erin with you! I can’t separate a great couple like that!” The room erupted chuckles. I followed Jack. My head bowed. I wasn’t use to the attention. I was more of a sit in the back of the room and blend in kind of person.

“Thanks Alex. So as most of you know Erin and me have to been together two full years as of yesterday.” I gasped. I hadn’t remembered at all.

“Shit.” I muttered. He laughed and kissed the side of my head.

“It’s okay baby. I didn’t expect you to remember.”

“Jacks the bitch in this relationship.” Alex yelled. I turned and looked at his beaming face. He had the I know a secret face on. Oh god.

“Fuck you Alex! Anyway, so in celebration of both tour and my longest relationship ever. I have a question for this beautiful girl.” It didn’t click when he said question and it didn’t click when he placed the microphone on the table. It definitely clicked when he was on one knee, my hand in his, and a small golden ring was being placed on my finger. I stared at him. My eyes wide.

“Erin Noelle, make me happier than Alex after great gay make up sex and marry me?” He asked standing up. I threw myself at him wrapping my arms around his shoulders.

“Why did you have to put a gay joke in my proposal?” The whole room laughed. I kissed him.

“Is that a yes?”

“I’d say it in ten different languages baby.” I said kissing him again. The room cheered, this time for us. This time I got the guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Your clothing line is terrible.
-Nothing Personal.

Title cred- Valencia