Unknown

If Dreams Can Come True, Can Nightmares?

The sun was up in the sky, burning down of Dylan as she sat on a ledge, her feet swaying beneath her and brushing the rushing water below. The only sounds that could be heard were the rushing of the water and the soft, gentle hums escaping her lips. She shivered as the wind began to pick up.

“Damn.” She cursed after realising she only had with her shorts and a thin tank top, no jumper of anything that could at least attempt to warm her. She groaned again as another cold, sharp burst of wind attacked her skin. She slowly slid her sunglasses from her nose as she realised the sun had gone back home. The sky above was dark and closing in all around her.

She stood and began to walk through the woods, praying it wouldn’t rain on her perfectly straightened hair which she had spent a long time on. “Great.” She muttered as a first drop of rain fell onto the end of her nose. Just as she wiped it, another fell in its place, then another and another. Before long it was pouring it down.

She wrapped her arms over the top of her head in a lame attempt to protect herself from the rain that was hitting her like bullets.

A loud ‘oomph’ left her lips as she came into contact with something rock hard. Her eyes shot up and she immediately recognised one of the Jonas boys; the one with dark, shaggy, raven hair. She stepped back and then hit something hard once more. Gasping, she realised it was the oldest Jonas boy. Her breathing became ragged and the forest began to spin.

She turned to run when once more, she fell into a solid chest; the youngest Jonas.

“What’s going on?” She gasped, her eyes darting between all of their intense gazes that were focused on her. They all took a step closer, refusing to speak. Gathering all of the strength she had, she forced her way past the youngest one and full on sprinted, she didn’t know where, but anywhere was better than where she currently was. She choked for air, spinning her head around to see all of the Jonas boys had vanished. She fell to her knees, causing an agonising amount of pain to shoot through her like lightening, before scrambling to her feet to continue running.

She screamed when she looked to see the three right in front of her. “What do you want from me?!”

She turned to run away and suddenly one of them was there, even though she had never seen him move. She lurched forward, then noticing the others surrounding her.

“Who are you?” She whimpered, realising there was no where to go.

“It doesn’t matter; but we know all about you Dylan Patterson and that’s all that matters.”

“How do you know my name?” She whispered, crying softly as they all took a synchronised step closer to her until they had her trapped.

“We’ve been coming for you Dylan Patterson.”

“How do you know my name?!” She screamed, hitting at them but not feeling anything. Her eyes flashed open but no one was there, she was back sitting on the ledge, her feet brushing the water as the sun shone down on her with all of its strength.

She let out a deep breath that she had been holding for a long time. “What the hell?” She picked up a rock and skimmed it across the water, smiling at the ripples it formed. Her hands fell to her knees and she yelped, pulling her hands away to see her knees bloody and bruised; just like in her daydream. “How weird.” She whispered, staring intently at her knees. “How weird.”




“I had the weirdest dream last night.” Maddie proclaimed at the lunch the next morning. “And those Jonas boys were in it.”

“Mine too!” About 9 girls on the table, along with Dylan called out. Everything fell silent, their eyes jumping all around.

“What were yours about?” Dylan asked.

“They all proposed at the same time.”

“I had an affair with one of them.”

“They were my long lost cousins.”

“How about you Dylan?”

She fell quiet and wondered what the hell was up with her dream. “They were stalking me, like following me in a forest and were everywhere I turned. They knew my name and everything, but then I was suddenly back sitting on this weird ledge thing by a river. It was so messed up."

“That’s really weird.” Allison said slowly, her perfectly plucked blonde eyebrows coming together.

“Tell me about it.” Dylan spoke quietly, analysing her dream far too much. She didn’t even know them, heck she only met them yesterday yet they were like a disease that would not leave her mind; taunting and haunting her.

“Hey Dylan, didn’t you have a meeting with Mr Samson right now?” Allison asked with a mouth full of sandwich.

“Shit!” Dylan jumped from the table, waving her friends goodbye over her shoulder as she legged it to the history block which just so happened to be on the furthest side of school. “Just my freaking luck.”

She skidded into Mr Samson’s office and grinded to a halt when she saw who was also in there.

“It’s about time you got here Miss Patterson and here I was telling Nicholas you were one of my favourite students.”

“Sorry Sir.”

Nicholas; that was his name, the weirdo from lunch yesterday who had some strange psychic thing going on.

“Nicholas, meet Dylan; Dylan, Nicholas.”

She pulled her hand from behind her back, holding it out to him. “Nice to meet you.” She lied through her teeth. He stared at her hand and then slowly raked his eyes up to hers, one eyebrow raised.

“Yes.” He said coldly, completely dismissing her and her outstretched hand, and instead turned his attention to Mr Samson who seemed oblivious. ‘Yes?’ What the heck?

“As you may know Dylan, Nicholas and his brothers are new to the school and since you two are of the same age, it seemed logical to put you together. For the next term you will pretty much be his ‘buddy’, helping him get to grips with the school and settle in without a fuss.”

“But there are loads of other students in our year; why me?” She said dryly, not understanding why she was so special.

“Miss Patterson, is there a problem here?” Mr Samson’s tone was filled with irritation and she knew he was just sick to death of every single student and counting down the days to retirement.

Dylan looked over at Nicholas who tilted his head to look at her, something masking his eyes she couldn’t quite work out, it was as if he wasn’t really there.

“Nope.” She kept her eyes on Nicholas. “No problem at all, I look forward to getting to know Nicholas very well.”

Dylan wrinkled her nose and inhaled the air around her; yep, smells like trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, almost 3 months since an update...oops. I am trying to get this story going, I just always have this issue with new ones since I struggle to get into them. Also I'm trying to write in the 3rd person which is new for me so we will see how it goes.

Anyways, I decided to change her name to Dylan which was suggested by 'tiPps-TinKk'

You may have to re-read the first chapter if you've forgotten all about the basic plot.

Finally, I'm still not sure what is up with the Jonas boys yet, so any suggestions would help me out a bunch, whether it be supernatural or not, I'm just desperate for help!

Again, sorry for the wait

=)