‹ Prequel: Changing The Rules
Sequel: Going The Distance

Moving On Up

Second Chance

Nick POV

“30 more lunges, gentlemen!” Coach Bradley yelled at the top of his voice, causing a series of curse words to fall quietly from all of the players. We were one week away from the final game before playoffs so the coach had been drilling us more than ever.

The Saints weren’t exactly known for losing.

“Quit complaining and act like men.” He snapped as he heard some muttered protests. Funny thing was, he was half the size of all of us but boy did he have balls.

Charlene was due to fly up in a few days time for the game in New York and having been away from her for coming up to three weeks, excited was a huge understatement. We’d had to spend quite a lot of time apart because of the football season and the saints intense training regime but we’d made it work. She’d been to far more away games than any of the other players girlfriends and had spent countless hours on the plane jetting back and forth between home and wherever we were playing. She supported what I did for a living even though it meant time together was limited. She supported me following my dream even at the large price we had to pay.

“Jonas, wake up!” Coach Bradley screeched, having noticed my slip into thought as always. “Focus on the job at task, boys. Right, 4 touches to the line and back through full on sprint.”

“Are you having a fucking laugh?”

One of my teammates grumbled and Coach Bradley’s eyes light up. “6 touches for you, Jenson.” He growled, pointing his finger towards the far touch line. “You can do it, lads.”

We all set off one by one, sprinting across the field, our thighs burning as we pushed our bodies to the limits like we had done for the past 4 straight hours. I bent and touched the line before turning and continuing at full speed back towards the other line. I blew out a deep breath as I slowed slightly to bend once more to reach the turf but as I turned my body to sprint away once more, my entire left leg gave way and I fell harshly onto my side, collapsing into the cold ground.

I screamed out in pain as my leg jerked and felt like it had been torn from my body completely, causing a pain so intense I could hardly breath.

Coach Bradley and the paramedics ran over as well as my teammates, all of whom had worry plastered over their faces.

“Jesus.” I muttered through gritted teeth, wincing as my leg jerked once more.

“Nick, we need you to tell us when this hurts ok?”

I nodded and then cursed loudly as he pressed his thumb against my calf.

“Does that hurt?” He asked and I heard some guys scoff at his stupidity.

“No, it feels bloody tremendous, please do go on!” I snapped and buried my face into my arms on the turf, feeling my heart drop at the possibility of being unable to play.

The paramedics muttered amongst themselves and I looked up to see the whole team surrounding me, their features twisting showing just how shit scared we all were.

“You appear to have torn your calf muscle, Nick.”

Curse words were all that could be heard as I lay on the field in silence, not believing the kind of luck I had been cursed with.

“I’m afraid it’s highly unlikely that you’ll be playing next week.”

“Shit.” I whispered, looking over at Coach Bradley and the medics. I knew the score but I still felt the need to ask; “Is there absolutely no chance of it recovering in time?”

Coach Bradley shook his head and sighed, rubbing his temple as a migraine was no doubt making its way at home.

“Right, practice dismissed for this afternoon. Good job guys.” Our coach sighed and expected everyone to leave but they all remained in their positions, waiting for the paramedic to give more away. “Off you all go.” Coach Bradley had to say to shoo them off though most were very reluctant.

He knelt down beside me and let out a deep breath, mumbling some words beneath his breath.

“I don’t know if we would have even got this far without you, Jonas.”

“The Saints had been winning long before I joined.”

“True but you’re a valuable player. I guess we’ll just see how things go since they all know that they have to step up now, more so than ever.”

I sighed and turned onto my back, wincing as the paramedic pressed his thumbs into my muscles once again.

I stared up at the sky, getting lost in my own thoughts again, not believing this was actually happening to me. Of all the guys on the field, why had this happened to me?

Right there and then, the only place I wanted to be was back in Louisiana with Charlene who was the only person that could ever make me truly relax and realise getting worked up over something I couldn’t change never helped anything. She was the only person I needed to be with and she was on the other side of the country.

...

Charlene POV

It was during lunch on Friday afternoon that I received the call from Nick about his injury and though he’d insisted he was fine, I could tell by his tone just how crushed he was though he hadn’t even bothered to hide the longing in his voice for us to be together. As soon as I’d finished talking to him, I’d booked my flight out to New York which was due to leave that night, knowing he needed someone there for him.

Nick had given me the address of his hotel and though he’d wanted to come and collect me from the airport, we both knew he needed to recover. He hated being anything less than 100% healthy and was not the type of guy that liked being told what to do but so far he’d complied with the doctors wishes.

“Thank you.” I smiled at the taxi driver whilst I handed over his money and stepped out with my luggage. He helped me with my suitcase and gave me a cheerful nod before heading off into the busy streets of New York. I lugged my bag into the huge lobby of the five star hotel and headed straight over to the check in desk, hoping Nick had arranged everything.

“Hi, I’m Charlene Howard; I’m Nick Jonas’ girlfriend.”

“Mr Jonas has already arranged a key for you.” The extremely camp gentleman said with a smile.

“Oh.” I said, surprised at how easy that had been. “I would have thought you’d been used to countless women claiming to date some celebrities that stay here.” I chuckled and he rolled his eyes with a laugh.

“You have no idea. But Mr Jonas was very insistent that we let you straight through and didn’t keep you waiting longer than necessary.”

He lifted up a picture of me that Nick had obviously sent them to really ensure I got in straight away.

“I hope he wasn’t rude to you guys.” I chuckled, signing a piece of paper for the extra key which I noticed Nick too had already signed.

“Not at all; just firm.”

I smiled and pushed the paper back towards him in exchange for the extra key. He offered to assist me with my luggage but I insisted I was fine. The look of shock on his face said it all. Wives and girlfriends of the stars clearly weren’t the most down to earth people in this world.

“Thank you...” I paused and looked down at his name tag, “Sebastian.”

He smiled a wide and genuine smile back at me and thanked me once again before I headed into the open lift up to the top floor where Nick’s room was, feeling butterflies growing as I got closer to my man.

I rolled my suitcase out at his floor and walked the long corridor to his room at the very end, not believing it had been three long weeks since I’d last seen him in person. The heavy door to his room opened and I walked into the impressive space, leaving my suitcase by the door which I closed quietly.

Walking further into the impressive hotel room, I heard some sounds from the kitchen and rounded the corner to see Nick trying to bend to reach something in the bottom cupboard. His leg was wrapped tightly in a bandage that he was struggling to move, hence why his grip on the counter was turning his knuckles white.

“Baby.” I pouted, walking into the room and causing his head to fly over.

“Charlene.” He breathed, relief written all over his face. I ran over to him and hugged him tightly, his grip on me just as strong as if he never wanted to let me go. I pulled back and placed my hands on his cheeks, my eyes darting all over his worn down face.

“I’m so sorry, Nick.” I sighed, knowing how truly devastated he was despite his attempts to hide how deeply crushed he was.

“Me too.” He replied quietly, smiling weakly at me. His eyes fell to my lips and without even looking back into my eyes, he leaned forward and covered my mouth with his; his taste being something I had missed dearly. “I love you so much.” He whispered.

“I love you so so much, Nick.” I whispered back to the man that meant more to me than anyone else ever would.

His tongue slid back into my mouth and we stood in the middle of the kitchen embracing one another, making up for the 3 long weeks we’d been apart.

I hated how much his job kept us apart, but when we came back together after being separated, the moments were always magical. In our case, distance certainly made the heart fonder; if that was even possible for us.

Eventually we pulled away from each other’s lips and a sad smile grew on my face as I gazed up at him. Nick deserved more than anyone to be playing in the finals and it seemed so wrong that he was the only Saint that had been completely ruled out due to injury. His coaches wouldn’t risk him hurting himself more so but I know how badly Nick wanted and needed to be out there.

I reached up and brushed back that same crazy curl that refused to settle into place, slowly sliding my hand down to his ear, my thumb caressing his lobe.

Nick’s phone suddenly rang on the counter and I tried to step away to retrieve it for him, but he just pulled me tighter against him, one hand on my lower back and the other on my cheek.

“Just let me hold you.”

His voice was so vulnerable and broken that I just wanted to burst into tears on the spot but I knew that wouldn’t help anything. He needed me to be strong for him, not to need his shoulder to cry on.

I tore my eyes from his and stepped even closer to him, snuggling into his huge, firm body. His big arms wrapped themselves tightly around me and it was at times like this that I really noticed how big he had become. I felt swamped in his huge, firm body but there really was no greater feeling because he was my Nicky. He still was and always would be, my Nicky.

My entire body froze as I heard him sniffle and slowly but surely I felt a tear trickle down my neck where his face was buried. I tangled my fingers into his hair and even more of his tears fell.

As I had expected, my eyes too began to fill and all ideals of being strong for him went out the window.

“Why me, Charlene?” He sobbed quietly. “Why me?”

He pulled his head out from my neck and my heart was torn from my chest as I saw his tear stained face; his eyes a deep blood shot red. Nick never cried and I didn’t know anything worse than watching him when he did.

“It’s not your fault, Nick.” I whispered, pushing back a sob as I brushed my nose against his. “It was a freak injury.”

“But now I’m not there for the team. I’ve let them down.”

“Nick, you’re one of the main reasons they have done as well as they have. You don’t owe them anything. They all love you and this right here, is not your fault. Nothing is your fault.” I choked on a sob and more tears flowed down which he quickly removed with his thumb.

“I’ve made you cry.”

“Only because I love you so much.”

He blew out a deep breath and pressed his lips to my forehead, his kiss gentle yet strong. “What would I do without you?” He whispered, pressing a further kiss to my forehead and then to each of my eyelids.

“Spend your days searching for me?” I smiled gently, looking up into his beautiful face. He chuckled and a smile finally broke through, his thumb brushing the final tear.

“I’d spend a lifetime searching for you.”

It was when Nick said things like that, that made me wonder how I really did get so lucky. He was more than any girl could dream of yet he wanted me? Whatever the reason for it, I didn’t like to question why he did love me and just thanked my lucky stars that he did and I’d been blessed with such a man.

“You think I’m worth a lifetime?”

“Charlene, you’re worth an eternity.”

...

4 days later and it was finally game day. Nick had been quiet all day as he’d had to attend various press functions but even though he said very little, he’d refused to leave my side. His hand would scramble for mine and his arm would quickly find its way around my back.

We were each others support and I was the only one that truly saw how upset this had made him.

At his final pre match conference, I stood by the side of the room with one of the Saints bodyguards, watching Nick answer questions in what seemed like as few words as possible whilst still remaining professional. He would glance over to check I was still there and smile weakly before turning his attention back to the press.

“Ladies and gentlemen, that is all of the time we have for this afternoon.” An NFL official stepped in as game time ticked ever closer, adrenaline rushing in the air.

I smiled at Nick as he walked over to me, leaning down to press his lips briefly to mine. “Good job, buddy.” I grinned, linking my arm around his back as we followed the bodyguard out of the room.

“I’d like to think I’m more than just your buddy.” He smirked, pressing a brief kiss to my ear.

“My best buddy?”

“Keep going...”

“Friend with benefits?”

“Just a little bit more...”

“The man I love with all of my heart?”

“Ding ding ding, we have a winner.” He smiled.

I laughed and cuddled close to him, my heart swelling with respect for him. He was refusing to sit down in the corner and pout about not being able to play. He’d turned up and was putting on a brave face, which only I could see through to see the disappointed man I knew more than I knew myself.

The security guard escorted us to a private box where no one but us were seated. The wives and girlfriends were all in a box together a little further down, but considering the circumstances, the club had insisted on giving Nick some of his own space.

“Maybe the kiss cam will land on us.” He smirked whilst staring out ahead.

I shook my head and laughed, leaning forward to see the crowds beginning to pour in. Nick scooted over in his seat to wrap his arm around me, his heart beating heavily against his chest.

“They wouldn’t have gotten this far without you.” I said softly, tilting my head upwards slightly to gaze up at him.

“They would have. I just had a good season and helped out.”

“Ssh, ssh.” I whispered. “Everyone in this stadium knows you are one of the main reason the Saints have got this far. You should be so so proud of yourself because God knows I sure am proud of you.”

He sighed and ran his hand down my thigh. “I just want to be on the field so freaking badly.” He whispered.

“I know, but you will be right there with them when they win this game and are through to the playoffs. The Nick I know is a fighter and won’t let this injury hold him back.”

He smiled weakly down at me before pressing a kiss to my nose, turning his attention back to the field and clasping his hands together tightly. I looked over at him and noticed a change in his face. He’d gone into game mode. I knew not to disturb him when he went into that zone because his mind was so focused on the game that he wouldn’t even be able to make sense of what I was saying.

The players came onto the pitch and Nick’s face remained unchanged, his eyes darting between all of the players beneath us. Even when the camera flashed to Nick, his posture didn’t alter apart from a brief nod towards the camera which brought on thousands of cheers.

Even when the Saints were winning, his facial features didn’t change at all. I sat back in my chair and focused on the game, praying like heck that the Saints won. If they lost whilst Nick was sitting out, he would never forgive himself for ‘letting them down’.

When the half time whistle blew, the Saints were still just ahead and the pressure and tension could be seen throughout the entire stadium. This game was far too close to call.

“They’re making such basic freaking errors.” Nick sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “I need to go and speak to them.”

He called one of the security guards over who nodded at Nick’s request, well more like a demand, to go and see his team mates.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Nick said softly, pressing a gentle kiss to my cheek before vanishing from sight. I snuggled into my warm Saints hoody and glanced at my phone which was filled with text messages, all asking how Nick was holding up. I smiled sadly and put my phone back into my bag, drifting off into my thoughts until Nick finally returned.

“You ok?” He chuckled as he sat back down, clearly noticing that my mind was somewhere else. I nodded and squeezed his hand as he smiled back at me.

“It’s so strange watching the team during a game. Its like a singer experiencing one of their own concerts.” He grinned. I smiled and leaned into him, knowing he was no doubt putting on a front to hide how nervous he was feeling.

“The games are much more interesting when you’re playing. It’s not as fun without some eye candy on the field.” I said and he laughed, squeezing my body tight.

“How about you run down there and do a little cheerleading routine for us all then?” Nick smirked, his breathy laugh hitting the side of my face.

“I’ll save it for when we’re alone.” I laughed, sitting up in my seat and winking at the amused Nick who was grinning back at me.

10 minutes later and the second half began and once again, Nick resumed his game position; his eyes squinted and focused on the game. I gripped my red bull tightly and silently prayed the Saints pulled through and that Nick would get to play in the finals. Crushed was an understatement for how he would feel if the Saints fell at this hurdle.

A minute to go and the Saints lead had fallen drastically, meaning they needed to give away only one kick and they were out. I glanced over to see Nick mouthing the countdown, his entire posture was stiff and frozen as if he wasn’t really there.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

“Yes!” Nick yelled standing from his seat and punching the air. The entire stadium was on fire as roars of happiness filled the stands, the relief on everyones face was all too clear to see.

Nick looped his arms just below my behind and lifted me high, causing squeals of happiness to leave my lips. He slid me down his body and crushed his lips against mine, his entire body engulfing my own.

“We bloody did it.” Nick breathed, pulling back to smile at me before taking my lips once more. I placed my hands on his chest and pushed back slightly, grinning from ear to ear.

“Go and see your teammates.” I smiled, rubbing my nose against his.

“I won’t be long.” He caressed my cheek and ran his thumb slowly over my lips.

“Be as long as you like, Nicky. I’ll be waiting for you until you get out.” I said, not being able to wipe the smile from my lips.

“I love you.”

“Love you too, handsome.”

His lips were on mine for a brief moment before he left the box and made his way down to the locker room, giving me one more grin on his way.

A sigh of relief left my lips as I left the box, smiling at the security guard who escorted me back to my car. The noise from the stadium was almost deafening that I had to cover my ears with my scarf as I walked across the car park.

I thanked the security guard and climbed into the car where I waited for Nick.

When he finally appeared from the locker room, the smile on his face caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach. He may have been older but he still had that same cheeky grin he had as a high school senior; the one that had stolen my heart. He would always be the boy that stole my heart and never gave it back.

...

2 days after the Saints big win and Nick had been caught up in a media frenzy. Now the Saints were through, it meant the guys were able to relax slightly for the first time in a long while, at least until the next series of games.
After an amazing meal out in NYC together, Nick and I were cuddled up in the back of a chauffeur driven car that was to take us back to the hotel...only it wasn’t heading in the right way.

“Nick...” I said warily, frowning up at him. He only smiled in return and reached behind him, bringing an eye mask out to dangle from his fingers.

An eyebrow rose on my forehead as I lifted my eyes from the mask to Nick’s face, wondering what he was planning.

“Just trust me.” He chuckled, lifting the mask and placing it gently over my eyes. “You’re going to love it.” He said against my ear before kissing it.

Ten minutes later and the car came to a stop and my heart began to pick up speed. I had absolutely no idea where he had taken me and the fact I was blindfolded did little to calm my nerves.

I clutched onto Nick as he led me out of the car, still unable to hear or see anything. He squeezed my hand before dropping it and removing mask covering my vision, telling me to open my eyes.

I smiled and opened them, gasping as I saw a helicopter at the end of the platform we were on, a gentlemen in a suit standing waiting at the door. My eyes flew over to Nick who was standing there smiling at me, his curls blowing slightly in the wind. His nose had gone red from the cold and his ears were quickly following. He looked too cute to be a football player.

“Ready to see New York from a different perspective?” Nick called over the loud whirring of the helicopter.

I squealed and attached myself to him, feeling his chest vibrate as he laughed. “But I thought you hated helicopters?” I asked, still holding him close.

“I’m not going to deny that they scare the shit out of me; but it’s something you’ve always wanted to do and I wanted to be the one to share the experience with you.”

“Aww, Nicky.” I pouted before a smile broke through. He smiled back and wrapped me in his arms and then lead us towards the helicopter, my hair flying everywhere. The gentleman by the helicopter held out his hand and helped me on board with Nick jumping in behind me. He smiled and closed the door, wishing us an enjoyable journey and waving us off.

I squeezed Nick’s hand tightly as the helicopter began to rise, a whole new set of butterflies erupting deep in my stomach. He squeezed my hand back but looked very anxious.

“You ok?” I asked over the noise, bringing a hand to his face. He turned his head and pressed a kiss to my palm and then my inner wrist, watching me the whole time. He nodded and scooted closer, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and placing the other hand on my thigh.

I smiled at him and turned my attention out of the window beside me, my mouth slightly open with the beauty of it all.

“It’s quite a view up here.” I chuckled, placing a hand on the window and gazing out, the city still just as awake as it was during the day. The bright lights danced all around the inside of the helicopter, just making the view even more stunning. “Thank you.” I smiled, turning my head to look over at Nick; squeezing his hand once more.

“Charlene...” He let out a deep breath and I wondered if he was on the verge of hyperventilating.

“Baby?” I turned around and placed both hands on his face. “What’s wrong?” My voice was laced with my worry as I ran my thumbs down his cheeks, my eyebrows drawn together. He pulled my hands down and linked all of his fingers through mine, his eyes penetrating my own.

“We’ve been through a lot huh?” He breathed and I chuckled at the understatement but nodded none the less. “But I don’t want this journey to ever end, Charlene. I want you to forever be mine and for me to forever be yours. I want the life we always spoke about, even if it seems too perfect to be true.”

“Nick, where’s this all come from?” I asked but he didn’t answer, he simply let out another deep breath and continued.

“Sure, we haven’t had the perfect run but that just makes me want me to fight for us even more because of how much we’ve been through. We’ve been through hell and high water yet we always come back together and that means something; I know it. No one makes me feel the way you do and I hope it’s the same for you.”

“It is, it is.” I smiled, rubbing his hand with my thumb, still curious as to what had brought this all on.

“I want us to be that old couple on the street who are still holding hands at ninety years old, still just as much in love as they were on their wedding day. I want it all, Charlene, every little bit of it.”

“Me too.” I whispered, still looking up into his beautiful brown eyes that had not moved from my eyes since he’d started speaking.

He moved from his position on the seat and knelt down in front of me, my breathing faltering as my heart began to pick up pace.

“Oh my gosh.” I said almost silently, bringing my hand up to my mouth as it began to dawn on me. This was it.

“Charlene Howard, will you make me the happiest man that ever lived?”He paused and collected himself, his vulnerability on full show. “Will you marry me?”

He opened the dark blue velvet box in his shaking hands and all of the lights from outside reflected off the huge diamond ring inside, making beautiful shapes and colours all around the helicopter. I took my eyes from the ring up into his now nervy eyes which were pleading with me to end this torture. His face then twitched slightly as he awaited my response, swallowing harshly as he did, his throat having gone dry through fear.

“Well?” He croaked, clearly his throat yet again.

“Yes.” I breathed. “Yes, I will marry you, Nick. Of course I will!” I sobbed, watching the biggest smile form on his lips.

“Thank God. You had me worried there.” He leant forward and pressed his lips to mine, whispering he loved me as he did. He fell back to his knee and gently slid the huge diamond ring up my shaking finger, kissing my hand before pulling back and sitting next to me once more.

He embraced me tightly as I clung to him, my happy cries showing how shocked I truly was.

“I love you, Nick. I love you so so much.”

“Charlene, words cannot begin to describe how much I love you and what you mean to me. You’re all I’ll ever want. You’re my biggest fantasy, Charlene.”

He ducked his head and caught my lips in a passionate kiss, my hands sliding up to his neck as he fed me strong kisses. He swung both of my legs over his so I was sitting on his lap, our kiss leaving us breathless. The kiss finally finished with some soft presses of lips, both of us grinning as we did so.

“So, this is for real this time?” I breathed, rubbing my nose over his. He wiped away my dry tears and smiled lovingly at me, chuckling as I hiccupped.

“Charlene, there is absolutely nothing that is going to stop us from reaching that alter and saying our vows.” He said whilst holding my chin in his gentle grasp. “Nothing.”

“Pinky swear?” I said in soft voice, bringing out my finger which he shook with a laugh.

“Pinky swear.”

I grinned and leant forward to kiss him once more before pulling back to admire the huge rock on my finger.

“Nick, you didn’t have to get me one so extravagant.”

“Well I needed to be sure you’d say yes so I thought, the bigger the rock, the bigger the chance she’ll say yes.”

I laughed and hit his shoulder. “I would have said yes with a candy ring.”

He laughed and leant forward slightly, nuzzling his face into my neck. I held onto the back of his head, smiling as he pressed soft kisses to my neck like he always did.

“You’re going to be Mrs Jonas, Mrs Nicholas Jonas, Mrs Charlene Jonas...sound’s pretty good if you ask me.”

“Sounds amazing.”

I turned and snuggled into his chest, laying my head on his broad shoulder, bringing my hand up in front of my face, still not believing this had all happened.

He held onto my hand and slid the ring from my finger, bringing confusion to my face. He turned it over in his large hands and brought it closer to my face.

“Look.” He said softly, pointing to the side of the ring.

Love is not love, which alters when it alteration finds.

“Sonnet 116; my favourite.” I whispered as he slipped the ring back onto my finger.

“We’ve been through so much but our love hasn’t weakened despite all of the pain we’ve both experienced. I’m not promising that the future will be an easy road because life never is, but I know how strong our love is and it will never be changed regardless of the situation. My love for you will never falter and I want you to always remember that.”

“I will.” I whispered once more, a tear trickling down my cheek. He reached forward and gently brushed it away like he always did, leaning in to press his lips softly to mine. I ran my hands through his thick curls as his lips worked slowly over mine, causing a shiver to run up my spine.

“I’m going to be there to watch your curls go grey.” I giggled, running my fingers through his hair once more.

“You’ll get your first grey eyebrow before I get my first grey curl...actually, I think I see one coming through already.” He joked, leaning close and analysing my eyebrows. I laughed and rolled my eyes at him, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck and tightening my legs that were straddling his waist.

“We’re going to spend the rest of our lives together, Nicky.” I sighed happily, staring into the rich brown eyes of my fiancé. He smiled and tightened his grip on me, leaning upwards to whisper into my ear; “Nothing will ever top this moment for me, Charlene.”

“I know.” I said thoughtfully, just sitting and staring down at him. “But we have so much to look forward to. Our wedding day and night, the birth of our first child, the birth of our first grandchild. We have everything to look forward to.”

“Ever since I proposed to you during high school, I’ve been looking forward to one thing more than any other though...”

“And what’s that?”

“Waking up to you everyday. Waking up and knowing that you’re here to stay; and with me. I look forward to smiling at each other across the pillow every morning, knowing our faces will be further apart the more pregnant you fall. I look forward to waking up to our children jumping on the bed and then cuddling up to us; calling us mum and dad.”

“Nick.” I whispered, feeling the helicopter rising even further above the skyscrapers of the beautiful city. “Words cannot describe how excited I am for those things too. Though being woken up in the early hours by hyper children...I’ll remind you of how ‘excited’ you were for that when that day comes.” I chuckled. He grinned up at me and laughed, his face far too beautiful for me to remove my eyes from him.

“No bathtub proposal this time?” I smiled.

“I’m saving that for tonight.” He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows and pulling me closer, my forehead rested against his.

“My hubby.”

He smiled a gentle smile, rolling his forehead against mine. “Soon enough, baby.” He opened his eyes and ran his hand through my hair softly. “Soon enough.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Second Chance - Tinchy Stryder & Taoi Cruz

Yay!!

I know it’s been a while but university has been soooo busy. But I hope this was worth the wait!! There is one more chapter to come and then most likely just a series of one shots which I have no clue when they will be updated, but they will be eventually.

Sorry to keep all of you amazing people waiting but I hope you can forgive me with this chapter :)

Share the love in the comment box my dears!

xxx