‹ Prequel: Changing The Rules
Sequel: Going The Distance

Moving On Up

Marry You

Charlene POV

“Double victory for Nicholas Jonas. Following the Saints win, the quarterback announces his engagement to his high school sweetheart.”

I read aloud, a beaming grin on my face as Nick stood behind me, his arms wrapped tightly around my stomach and his chin resting on my shoulder.

“I love you.” I smiled, looking over my shoulder at Nick who was smiling back. “I love you too, Mrs soon to be Jonas.” He leant forward to caress my lips with his, slowly turning me around to bring our chests together.

My hands slid down to the sides of his throat, a gentle smile on my lips as I simply gazed up at him, knowing how truly lucky I was that I had such a beautiful face to wake up next to every morning, for the rest of my life. Not only was he the most handsome man that I had ever seen, but he had the kind of personality that was more than I could ever have asked for. He was funny, loving, protective and he knew me more than I knew myself and that worked both ways. It often scared me how much he knew me.

We’d flown home the day following the engagement and could hardly get through the doors of the airport due to the mass loads of photographers and fans. Nick had held me close the entire time, only stopping to sign autographs for fans and completely ignoring the paparazzi. I knew it would take me a while to adjust to the media frenzy surrounding Nick and his friends. We’d only been home two days and had already been inundated with phone calls and visits from friends and family to congratulate us.

This was all really happening for us.

“My publicist rang a few minutes ago.” Nick said as I leant my behind into the counter, his arms quickly trapping me in by going on either side and resting on the granite tops.

“And?”

“She’s already had numerous magazines requesting exclusivity to our wedding pictures.”

I chuckled and shook my head, not believing millions of people would care so much about my wedding to my Nicky who I still struggled to remember was hugely famous and came with all of this craziness. When I looked at him, that was the furthest thing from my mind.

“I told her to politely tell them to shove it.”

I laughed and looped my arms around his neck as he lifted me onto the counter, stepping in between my legs which wrapped around his waist, pulling him in.

“Although I was temped to say yes, simply to rub it in everyones face that I’ve permanently taken the hottest girl on the planet, off the market.”

“You’re so dorky.” I smiled, pressing a kiss to his perfect nose. “I don’t want our special day spread all over the magazines, Nicky.”

“Me neither. I didn’t even have to think about it when she mentioned the magazine offers. It’s going to be our special day; not the rest of the worlds.”

“I’m so excited.” I said whilst resting my forehead on his, closing my eyes in calm. “We’re finally going to make us official.”

“Until death do us part.” Nick breathed, brushing his soft lips against mine.

“Nope, you’re going to be stuck with me for eternity, Mr.” I chuckled, brushing my lips back against his.

“Damn, so there really is no escape?”

I giggled and shook my head, holding onto his collar and pulling him in.

“Good, because I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Nick smiled, stealing my lips in a hot and fiery kiss.

A loud bark broke us apart and soon enough Nick fell against me as Winston jumped behind him, standing on his two back legs and placing his paws on Nick’s back. Despite their initial meeting, Nick and Winston were now inseparable. Winston would always look for Nick and the two had endless wrestling competitions. Thankfully Winston and Bella got along well too, which I was worried wouldn’t happen when I first introduced them.

Our little family was perfect.

“Winston, you ruined a moment there!” Nick laughed, turning around and rubbing Winstons head. Winston moved past him and jumped up at me, licking my face and wagging his tail violently. “Winston, I’m the only one that can do that to Mummy.” Nick smirked, rubbing his thumb down my cheek where Winston had licked it, chuckling at my grossed out face.

Another bark caught my attention, this one much higher, and I looked to see tiny Bella come bounding into the room.

“Family meeting.” I laughed, patting Winston’s head and leaning down to pick up Bella. I held Bella in my arm as I ran my hand through Winston’s thick fur on the top of his head, smiling at how perfect everything was. Bella panted softly and nuzzled her head against the crook in my neck, her soft fur tickling my skin.

I slowly brought my gaze up to Nick to see him watching me, a gentle smile on his lips and looking lost in his thoughts. “Babe?” I said softly, chuckling at how serene he looked.

He took a step closer and pressed a kiss to my forehead as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders, whispering softly into my ear before kissing it; “You’re more than I could ever dream for in a wife.”

...

Nick POV

Charlene had gone off to New York with her five closest friends to find her dream dress, leaving me back in New Orleans to find the perfect tux for me and my best men. I too was having five best men who were with me in Armani when I was making the difficult decision on what I should buy for the wedding. All I knew was that I wanted a black suit, but nothing seemed that simple.

“Are you nervous, man?” John asked, who was the ‘big man’ of the Saints and an absolute legend. He was already married so he, along with Henry, knew a hell of a lot more of what was suitable than my other mates who seemed more interested in finding out what the bridesmaids looked like. They were true lads.

“Yes, surprisingly. I just don’t wanna screw things up.” I said as I slid my arms into a jacket, shrugging it down my arms.

“Has Charlene been a bride zilla?” Tom laughed, taking a sip of champagne provided by the store.

I laughed and shook my head, thanking my stars once more that she was the way she was. “Not at all, thank God.”

“Lucky sod.” Henry groaned. “Sara was an absolute bitch in the weeks running up to the wedding.” He said and everyone laughed at the expression on his face. “But she made up for it on the honeymoon.” He smirked which got a round of cheers and high fives. “How long’s your honeymoon going to be?”

“Two and a half weeks.” I grinned and laughed as they cheered once more. “No, no, no. We’re going to spend the whole honeymoon sightseeing and doing dull tourist things of course. Absolutely no sex for us.”

The guys all burst out laughing and Henry in particular couldn’t seem to stop chuckling.

“You’re so full of shit, Jonas.”

I grinned and sent them a wink, knowing that our honeymoon was going to be one to remember. I’d had an idea of where I’d wanted to spend it, but I hadn’t brought it up with Charlene yet and was waiting until she got home to bring it up. I didn’t like discussing such big wedding details over the phone; that ruined the fun of it.

“I think this is the ones, fella’s. What do we think?”

They all agreed and smiled at the genuine happiness in my eyes as I stared at my reflection, picturing Charlene on my arm as I wore it. This was the one.

...

Charlene POV

“It’s beautiful.” I whispered, placing my hand on the glass.

“Isn’t it just.” Maria, the shop assistant at Vera Wang, said from behind “It’s a one of a kind and is Vera’s latest creation.”

“Can I try it on?” I asked quietly, not being able to take my eyes of the dress.

“Of course.”

“You’re going to look so hot in that dress, Charlene. It’s a good thing Nick isn’t here or he’d be tearing you out of it so fast he’d break it.” Sara grinned, following Maria to the changing room.

I stared at the dress for a long time before slipping it onto my body, not wanting to see what it looked like until I was in the main dressing area where all of my friends were waiting. I asked Maria for some clips for the back of the dress that was slightly too big but when she saw me in the dress she brought her hand up to her mouth and nodded her head gently.

“You look gorgeous.” She smiled, sliding some pins in to tighten the dress on me.

Walking out towards the main dressing area, I told my friends to close their eyes until I was in front of them. When they finally opened their eyes, it was gasps all around.

“Charlene.” Megan whispered. “You look stunning.”

I let out a deep breath and turned to look in the mirror, freezing as I saw my reflection.

“Oh my gosh.” I said quietly, smoothing my hands down the dress. I turned around slightly and looked at the dress from different angles, still not believing how truly beautiful this dress was.

Tears began to fall down my cheeks and the girls hurried over to wrap her arms around me, grinning from ear to ear.

“That’s a sign it’s the one.” Maria said ever so softly from in front of me, her own eyes filled with tears.

“This is the one.” I whispered, chuckling as Jess wiped her thumbs beneath my eyes to remove my tears.

“You look amazing.”

“That’s so gorgeous.”

“Nick is gonna faint.”

I chuckled through my tears of happiness as my friends continued praising the dress, bringing a huge smile to my face.

“Sold.”

There were squeals all around as the atmosphere of the store turned kiddy with happiness, everyone knowing the daunting task of finding the perfect wedding dress was over.

Now to find dresses that all of the bridesmaids liked...that in itself seemed to be the more daunting task.

...

Nick POV
It was the day that Charlene was finally due home after spending 10 days in New York with her friends, hunting for the perfect wedding dress which had ended up being a one of a kind from Vera Wang.

Since she’d been away I really did notice the true reliance we had built up for one another. I had hated coming back to an empty house and a cold bed, knowing Charlene was on the other side of the country.

I’d spoken to some guys on the team about it and the most common response was; “That’s what mistresses are for. When the wife’s away, the mistresses come out to play...”

Needless to say, I had ended that conversation very abruptly.

I arrived home from a night jog, knowing that I had to be home in time to go and pick Charlene up from the airport at 11pm. As I walked up the driveway I stopped in my tracks when I saw some of the downstairs lights on.

I pushed my key into the lock and shoved the door open, seeing Charlene’s suitcases and shoes by the front door. The smell of egg and bacon filled my senses and I couldn’t hold back the huge grin as I slammed the front door and made my way down to the kitchen.

Before I had even reached the kitchen, Charlene poked her head around the corner and smiled widely at me.

“Nicky!” She squealed, running down towards me and leaping into my arms which crushed her against my body, squeezing her so tightly I was scared I might break her.

She pulled back and pressed kisses all over my face, scattering them over every bit of skin she could reach. “I’ve missed you so much.” She pouted and the smile on my face could not have been wider, knowing I was back with the woman I loved more than anything else on the planet.

“I’ve missed you too. Why are you back already? I was going to leave in an hour to come and get you.”

“We got in early because some of the earlier flights had been cancelled.”

She unwrapped her legs from my waist and slid down my body, beaming up at me.

“I’m making a fry up. Did you want some?” She said happily, gripping onto my hand and leading me down towards the kitchen that smelt like absolute heaven.

“No one makes a fry up like you do.” I groaned, walking over to see the bacon and eggs sizzling in the pan, along with tomatoes, bread and hash browns.

“It’s because its a full english breakfast.” She grinned back.

“Which is why you’re making it for dinner?” I chuckled, linking my arms around her around as she continued cooking.

“Are you saying you don’t want any?” She laughed.

“God no. I’m starving.”

I looked over to see Bella sitting on a chair by the table whereas Winston lay sprawled out all across the floor, clearly not wanting to leave Charlene’s side to go to their own beds.

“I really want to see you in your wedding dress.” I mumbled into Charlene’s neck, inhaling her scent that I had missed so much.

“You’ll just have to wait like everyone else.”

“Not even a sneaky peek?”

“Nope.”

“Did you buy a garter?”

When she didn’t reply I peered over her shoulder to see her grinning, holding her bottom lip between her teeth.

“I look forward to seeing that too.” I smirked.

...

Charlene POV

“I’ve missed this.” I sighed as I snuggled into Nick’s arms whilst we lay in bed, his laptop lying over our laps.

“Me too.” He pressed a kiss to my temple and continued scrolling through the websites, looking for the perfect honeymoon spot.

“I’m so excited for our wedding, Nick. Every day I just seem to skip around and grin.”

Nick chuckled and smoothed his warm hand down my arms, bringing me even closer to him. “We’re finally going to get married.”

“I hope we stay in the honeymoon stage forever. I love being so blissfully happy.”

“Babe, I’ll make sure we stay in the honeymoon stage forever.” He smirked, sliding his hands up my thigh.

I laughed and hit his hand, knowing one of the reasons he’d missed me so much.

“Ok, Mr Horny, back to looking at honeymoon locations.” I chuckled, pointing to the screen.

“Charlene, I had an idea the other day that I wanted to run by you...”

“Go on.” I said through a yawn, snuggling further into his warm arms.

“How would you feel about getting married in the Bahamas?”

I frowned and pulled my head from his shoulders, looking down at him for a moment. “Really?”

He stared back at me and nodded, shrugging his shoulders gently. “Yeah, I’ve always wanted to get married by the beach and I know you have too. It would be amazing, Charlene.” He said, pushing the laptop away slightly and bringing my entire body in his, holding me tight against him. “I know we both want to get married in a church, but why does it have to be in this country? Charlene, the Bahamas is amazing and I want nothing less than amazing for our wedding day. We can find the most stunning location with an amazing church, and instead of walking out into the suburbs, we walk out onto warm sand.” He nudged his nose against mine and smiled. “You deserve the best, beautiful.”

I chuckled and rubbed my nose against his, placing my hands on the side of his throat. “We can’t, Nicky. All of my family are flying from England anyway, but all of your friends and family here will now have to pay to fly over.”

“I’ll pay to put them up in a top hotel for a week.” Nick shrugged, pressing a kiss to my nose.

“Nick.” I sighed. “That sounds...absolutely amazing, but should we really be spending so much on one day? I just don’t want you to ever regret this wedding costing so much.”

“Charlene.” He chuckled, placing his hands on both of my cheeks and turning my full attention to him. “This is our wedding day. I don’t care how much things cost for this day, because it’s a once in a lifetime thing. I want you to feel like the happiest woman alive.”

“I already do.” I whispered, brushing my lips over his.

“Please, just let me take care of you. I want to make this wedding everything you could have ever imagined. Please don’t keep shooting me down when all I’m doing is trying to make this perfect.”

“I just don’t want you to regret spending so much money.” I breathed.

“I won’t. I’m yet to regret buying a porsche, so I know I will never regret spending money on our wedding day.”

I giggled and he pressed his lips to mine once more, feeding me soft kisses before pulling his lips from mine.

“So, are we really getting married in the bahamas?” I squealed, linking my arms around his neck and tangling my fingers in his hair.

“If that’s what you want too...”

I nodded quickly and bit my lip, a smile breaking through.

“Then you bet we are.” He grinned.

I squealed once more and pounced on him, squeezing him so tightly I just wanted to be absorbed by his huge body. “What did I ever do to deserve you?” I asked quietly, gazing down into his eyes.

He brought his hand up to the back of my head and slowly pulled me down with him. “I’m the lucky one.” He whispered, sliding his hands down my back to gently squeeze my behind. I smiled into the kiss and slid my hands up to cup his cheeks whilst our lips worked together, his hands gliding even further south. He hooked one thumb beneath my underwear and slowly removed it from my body, throwing it to the side of the bed and then unbuttoning his shirt from my body, throwing it on top of the underwear.

I pulled back from his lips and chuckled. “It scares me how quickly you can get me naked.”

“It’s a skill, I must admit.” He smirked, kissing me deeply and groaning loudly, sliding his hands down my bare body.

“I’ve missed you.” I whispered into his ear, slipping my hand beneath his boxers and smirking as he cursed and bit down on his bottom lip. “I see you’ve missed me too.”

He whimpered my name and his body jolted as I ran my hand up and down him.

“Stop, stop.” He urged, his breath ragged and deep. He quickly moved on top of me, trapping my body beneath his. “I don’t want to reach the finish line alone.” He chuckled, forcing his boxers from his body and flinging it behind him.

He slowly lay his chest gently on mine, bringing his hand up to caress my cheeks, his movements suddenly much slower and less frantic than before. The atmosphere of the room entirely changed when I looked up into his caring eyes that were taking in my features, a loving smile slowly growing on his lips.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” I whispered, slowly bringing him in for a soft yet passion filled kiss that we poured our heart and soul into, whilst he slowly entered me, making me regret ever leaving his side.

...

Nick POV

Today was the day.

Today was the day I was finally marrying the love of my life and I could not have been more excited yet petrified even if I’d tried.

“Smile, boy.” My dad chuckled, straightening out my suit as I stood in the middle of the penthouse suite, surrounded by my groomsmen, along with my family.

“He’s worried she won’t turn up.” My friend Jimmy laughed and laughter from all of the other groomsmen soon followed. “He’s scared she might have finally come to her senses.”

“Thanks for the support, asshole.” I laughed, reaching for a can of redbull and gulping it down, though in the back of my mind, I was petrified she might get cold feet and realise she didn’t want to get married so young, and to the man that caused her so much pain at eighteen years old. I was petrified of ending up alone at the alter.

“Is it bad luck to speak to the bride before the ceremony?”

“Man, you are so whipped.” Joe laughed, patting my back.

“Well I wouldn’t be getting married if I wasn’t, genius.” I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone. “I just want to make sure she’s ok.”

“Nick, Nick, Nick.” Henry said from behind, sliding his arm in front to grab my phone but I jerked my hand away just in time. He sighed and walked around in front of me. “You don’t want to ruin that special moment. Just think, the next time you hear Charlene speak, it will be at the alter to your wedding. The next time you see her, she’ll be making her way down the aisle in her beautiful dress. Just keep those thoughts in your mind, God knows it saved me on my wedding day.” Henry said reassuring me with a smile and a pat to my arm.

“Thanks.” I smiled, giving him a brief hug and nodding my head. “I’m just so scared of something going wrong.”

“So what? You and Charlene will be married, everything else is minor.”

I looked at him for a second and then smiled as his words sung in. As long as we had wedding rings on our fingers by the end of the day, then it would be the best day of my life.

Now I was just praying I didn’t mess up the vows and humiliate myself.

...

Charlene POV

Reality finally hit on the morning of the wedding.

It had only just sunk in that I was getting married to and spending the rest of my life with Nick. The day was finally a reality.

I turned to my mum in the car on the way to the service, clutching her hands in mine.

“Mum, I can’t believe I’m actually getting married. It feels like only the other day that it was my first day of senior year and meeting Nick.”

“Considering the way you felt about him at first, I’m sure he was the last person you ever expected to be marrying.” She chuckled, squeezing my hand tightly. “But I can’t imagine you with anyone but Nick, Charlene. That’s how I know that this is all meant to be. God knows you two have been through enough to finally be together.”

“And you’ve always been our number one cheerleader.” I smiled softly, looking into the eyes of the woman who had always been my absolute backbone. “Thank you; for everything.”

A tear fell down her cheek and I chuckled softly, wiping it away for her.

“You’re so welcome, princess.”

She pulled me into a gentle hug and pressed a kiss to my hairline, pulling away with a smile.

I looked behind me to Sara and my dad who were having a conversation amongst themselves, both of them looking so smart and ready for this huge day.

“Bloody hell.” I whispered as the car pulled to a stop outside of the church, my heart beating out of my chest. “Is it just me, or has it suddenly gotten boiling in here?”

“Just breathe, sweetie. Just breathe.” My mum cooed, rubbing my arm comfortingly.

I stepped out of the car and took in a deep breathe of the fresh Bahamas air, the gentle breeze calming my tense body. I stood for a moment in silence, just taking in the beautiful surroundings and giving myself a few minutes to take everything in. Here I was, a girl from a small English town, about to get married in the Bahamas to the love of my life and high school sweetheart, who also happened to be a famous sports star. I chuckled at how ironically cliche that really was.

“Charlene, we really need to be getting inside.” My dad said gently from behind me, placing his hand on my shoulder. I looked over at him and smiled, turning and taking his hand in mine as we walked towards all of my bridesmaids who were already standing waiting outside, all of them grinning and some of them crying.

“Are we ready, ladies?” I chuckled, noticing how excited yet nervous they all looked. They all nodded and gave me a huge hug before we all entered the absolutely stunning church which sat alone on a secluded beach as Nick had ensured extra security around the grounds for privacy.

“I feel like I’m about to get on a roller coaster.” I said to Sara who stood just in front of me, her arms wrapped tightly around me to calm me down.

“Roller coaster of loooove.” She smiled. “This is what both of you have always wanted. Just remember that and stop being nervous, woman!”

I laughed and remembered her on her wedding day and realised she couldn’t really talk considering how panicked she had become, but I decided not to bring it up and just chuckled instead.

“Are we all ready?” Olivia, the wedding planner asked, poking her head around the door.

All of the heads turned towards me and I gulped and slowly nodded, speaking ever so quietly. “Yes; we’re ready.”

The huge doors to the church opened and the bridesmaids slowly disappeared inside as the music began. Sara kissed my cheek once more and winked before facing forward.

Nick had wanted all of his best men to be at the alter with him to calm his nerves, rather than stand alone so it meant Sara would be walking down the aisle alone. I clung to my dads arm as we entered the main body of the huge church, smiling as I passed familiar faces, all of them beaming back at me.

It felt like I had been walking for miles until I finally turned my attention to the front, my heart stopping in my chest when I saw Nick at the alter, looking so handsome and smart I just wanted to cry with happiness that this was finally happening. He slowly brought his eyes up my dress and locked eyes with me and it was then that I noticed that he had tears falling down his cheeks. I pushed back a sob and smiled weakly at him, not remembering seeing him ever look so handsome.

I could hear some people already sniffling but my attention was all on Nick who was smiling at me through his tears, and at that exact moment in time, I loved him more than I ever had and I knew my love for him would never diminish.

“I love you.” My dad whispered into my ear as we stopped at the alter, his grip on my hand so tight.

“I love you too.” I whispered in return, sniffling quietly and hugging him back. He kissed my forehead once more before taking his seat, wiping his tears as he did and revealing Nick behind him.

Nick smiled and held out his hand, though I noticed he was still crying the occasional silent tear. I placed my hand in his but pulled my other hand up to his soft face and gently wiped away his tears before laying my hand on his cheek. He leant into my touch and turned his face ever so slightly to press a kiss to my palm.

I heard a few ‘aww’s’ in the background, causing me to chuckle and smile at Nick, bringing my other hand back down to his. We intertwined our fingers and stared into each others eyes as the priest began the ceremony, our eyes saying more than words ever could.

“You look so beautiful.” He mouthed to me with a twinkle in his gorgeous eyes. I blushed and smiled in return, running my thumb over his knuckles.

“You look gorgeous.” I mouthed back with a smile, letting my eyes take in all of him and feeling my heart beat heavily at how handsome he looked. He’d even managed to get that one crazy curl to stay back.

I smiled as I felt Nick squeeze my hand before rubbing his thumbs over my knuckles, not looking away from my eyes once as he did. I had such an overwhelming urge to take one step closer, lean up on my tiptoes and press my lips to his; to run my hands through his perfectly groomed hair and feel his warm arms around me.

A gentle smile grew on my lips as the priest gently said Nick’s name, prompting him to begin his vows. Nick cleared his throat and squeezed my hands, just staring at me with so much intensity I felt myself grow dizzy.

“Charlene, before I met you, never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined myself committing to one person, let alone getting married. But the thought of not being married to you...there’s nothing worse. Ask anyone and they will tell you that the day I met you, was the day I changed for the better. I knew you were what I wanted from the very first time I laid eyes on you, and now I know that not only do I want you, but I need you. You make me who I am, Charlene.”

He was quiet for a moment and I watched as a tear trickled down his cheek, pushing me close to the edge myself.

“When I lost you;” He cleared his throat and took a deep breath before beginning on a shaky voice. “When I lost you, my entire world came apart. I didn’t know how to survive without you and I still don’t. I didn’t know it was possible to love another human being as much as I do you. When we’re apart for only a few hours, I find myself missing you and counting down until we’re together again; until you’re back in my arms.”

I sniffled and stared at him through blurry eyes, feeling so thankful my makeup was waterproof. My reaction clearly spurred on a few others and I heard the church fill with sniffles and I noticed more tears fall from Nick’s beautiful eyes.

“Charlene, I will never be able to explain to you how much I love you and how much you mean to me. But I’m going to spend the rest of my life showing you just how special you are to me. I don’t know what I’ve ever done to deserve someone like you; someone so beautiful, so intelligent, so funny...so absolutely amazing. But I’m just so grateful that someone up there is watching over me and believed I was worthy of such an angel. You’ve stuck by me despite everything. When everyone else would have fled, you refused to give up on me. You’re so perfect it scares me sometimes. You’re just...incredible and I’ve promised your brother, who sadly cannot be with us today, that I will love and fend for you for as along as we both shall live and I will never let him down.”

He took another deep breath and let his hand remain on my cheek, the gentle smile still on his gorgeous face.

“Never in a million years would I have imagined becoming a father; but now I find myself just lying there whilst you’re fast asleep in my arms, imagining what our children will look like. I imagine us all on christmas eve snuggled up by the fire playing board games, being a family full of love and happiness. I want it all, Charlene. I want the happily ever after with you and I know we can have that. I love you and I’m going to spend the rest of my life and eternity continuing to love you. You’re my world, Charlene...and with this ring...” He said, taking the beautifully engraved band from Joe and sliding it slowly up my finger with his shaking hand until it sat next to my beloved engagement ring, next to be taken off, “I promise to show you how much you mean to me each and every day. With this ring, I promise to love you for the rest of my life and make you the happiest woman in the world. I love you.”

I sobbed and leaned into his warm palm that was now caressing my cheek, his thumb wiping my tears. A chuckle broke through as I heard everyone blowing their noses and crying; clearly witnessing how deep our connection ran.

“I love you.” I whispered to Nick, his hand still on my cheek.

“I love you so much, Charlene.” He whispered, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead and pulling back to stand in front of me once more, taking my hands in his.

The priest cleared his throat and I noticed his eyes were slightly blurred, softening my heart even more.

“And Charlene...whenever you’re ready.” He smiled encouragingly, though everyone looked too worn out to emotionally handle a similar speech.

“Can I just have a moment?” I chuckled through little sniffles, causing soft laughter to fill the church. Nick grinned and squeezed my hands tightly, not looking anywhere but me. I let out a deep breath and slowly began, staring into his deep eyes to soften the butterflies.

“Ever since I can remember, I’ve always been one of those girls that began counting down to their wedding day from such a young age; picturing where it would be, who would be and who I would be marrying. Like every little girl, I imagined marrying my prince charming, the man that made me feel like no one else ever could. But my prince charming has exceeded all of my expectations; because I’ve got you.”

Nick’s face was still as he gazed back at me, his eyes penetrating my own as if to block out everyone and everything else in the world. He was only seeing me.

“Sure, when I first met you we couldn’t stand each other.” I smiled and so did Nick, followed by a cheeky wink. “But it scared me how quickly you began to become a piece of my life, and in time, a piece of me. When you proposed in high school, I didn’t care how young or foolish it seemed because I loved you and even from such a young age, I knew what I know that...and that’s that I want to spend my life with you.”

Nick’s thumbs brushed over my knuckles in a soft motion as he had clearly felt my hands start to shake, his eyes calming and soothing, telling me everything was ok.

“Despite all of the pain we both experienced during our time apart, I never stopped loving you. I thought I was in love with somebody else, but it didn’t come close to what I feel for you, Nick. I can’t imagine myself spending my life being with and loving anyone but you. I don’t think it’s possible for anyone to love another human being as much as I do you. Every day I wake up and thank the man above for blessing me so greatly and bringing us back together again, because I know this right here; is real. You mean everything to me. After everything that has happened in the past, I would do it all over again if it meant we could be together, to be here with you in this moment. You’re the most beautiful person I have ever known, both inside and out. You have the purest soul and biggest heart and I just can’t thank you enough for simply being you; my Nicky.”

Tears silently began to fall from Nick’s eyes and soon enough, I was doing the same, along with most of the church full of our loved ones.

“With this ring;” I slowly turned to take Nick’s ring from Kevin who smiled softly at us before stepping back in line, the pure happiness in his eyes for us, a little overwhelming, “I’m making a promise and commitment to love you until my last breath and beyond; to show you how much I love and need you.” I gazed up at him and his eyes bared his soul for only me to see. “You complete me, Nicky.”

Nick smiled down at me and his eyes were so full of love and pride that a huge beam grew on my face as I stared back at him.

‘I love you.’ Nick mouthed which I replied back to him, both of us now grinning like kiddy teenagers, even as I wiped some dry tears from beneath his eyes.

The priest took a step forward and smiled at us both, turning his body ever so slightly towards Nick.

“So do you, Nicholas Jerry Jonas, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?”

Without looking away Nick nodded and ran his thumb over my wedding band. “I do.” He said confidently.

“And do you, Charlene Elizabeth Howard, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?”

“I do.” I said softly, struggling to believe this was all real. This moment was finally here.

The priest smiled and looked up to face the rest of the church. “Then with the power invested in me, I gladly pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride.”

I felt as if I was going to burst with happiness as I stared across at Nick, who was flashing the biggest grin I had ever seen. We took a step closer to one another and soon enough his soft lips were on mine whilst one of his hands lay gently on my hip, the other lying softly on the side of my head. The church erupted around us; full of cheering, hollering and of course, crying.

Nick’s lips continued to softly work against mine before we pulled back, grinning at each other like never before, that Nick had to peck my lips once more.

I felt the priests hand on my shoulder, his other one on Nick’s as he smiled down at us. “It is with great happiness, that I present to you, Mr and Mrs Nicholas Jerry Jonas.”

Further applause followed and I chuckled as Nick bowed down with his hand stretched out for me to take. I curtsied with a giggle and took his hand as he began to walk us down the aisle, both of us thanking everyone that thanked us on our way.

Nick’s hand slid around my waist as we neared the door that was opened slowly as we approached, opening out to the most beautiful beach I had ever seen.

“We did it.” Nick breathed in my ear before pressing a gentle kiss there, and even then, I could feel him grinning.

“Finally.” I replied, beaming up at him.

“Is this as good as your dreams?” He asked, referring to the white sand and clear blue water as we stepped down from the church.

“Better.”

He pressed a kiss to my lips and got down on one knee to remove my shoes, placing my hand on his shoulder for balance. After he’d removed my own shoes, he removed his and stood up with a smile.

I giggled and wrapped my arm around his as he slowly led me down the stairs, our feet sinking into the sand below, my mind and heart still racing a million miles an hour.

“Charlene; this truly is the happiest day of my life.”

I turned my head to look up at him, his head blocking out the glowing sun behind him.

“Mine too Nick; mine too.”

I took in a deep breath as we continued to walk the deserted beach together, the tide gently brushing the shore as I simply took everything in. Perfection.

“Where’s everyone else?” I asked, looking behind me to see them all standing by the church talking and watching us.

“I told them to give us 5 minutes alone to take everything in.”

I stopped in my tracks and gazed up at him, shaking my head in disbelief. “You truly are perfect.” I smiled, running my hand through his hair and bringing his head down slightly to my height.

“Yeah, well, what can I say?” He grinned, his eyes cheeky and playful.

I laughed and squealed as he lifted me up high, spinning me around and letting the sand fall from my toes before he let me gently fall into his arms wedding style, my arms quickly locking around his neck.

“Mrs Jonas, I think this is the start of something beautiful.” He smiled, rubbing his nose against mine and brushing his lips ever so softly against mine.

“I do too, hubby.” I replied with a satisfied smile, pressing my lips to his and hearing our friends cheering from outside of the church.

We both looked over to see them all grinning and bouncing to come and congratulate us, causing both of us to laugh.

“I think they might be happy for us.” I grinned, running my hand through Nick’s gentle curls.

“I think they might be too.” He smiled, gazing up at me for a long while before finally speaking, his voice much softer than before.

“You make me so happy, Charlene. There is no one in the world that is happier than me right now.”

“No, I’m the happiest person alive.” I chuckled.

“No, my love...that would be me.”

“I guess we’ll have to see who is the happiest person at the end of the night, hey?” I smirked and Nick’s grin turned cheeky and lustful, his grip on me tightening.

“That my dear; will be both of us.”

...
Nick POV

“The bride and groom everybody!” Joe yelled as we walked in behind him into our reception which was being held in a huge white marquee, where everything inside just looked absolutely perfect.

This truly was the best day of our lives.

Everyone cheered and hollered as we entered the marquee and I felt Charlene cling even closer to me. I looked down at her and smiled, squeezing her tightly into my side and pressing a kiss to her temple.

“This is beautiful.” She whispered, her eyes full of happiness and excitement.

“I’m glad you like it.” I whispered in return, smiling as she pulled my head down to hers and pressed a soft kiss to my lips.

We spent most of the evening glued to each others sides and on occasion when we would split up to speak to different people, I’d find myself watching my wife from a far and smiling as my heart would beat heavily against my chest.

I chuckled as I noticed my friends from all different football teams had put their differences aside for the day and seemed to be getting along really well. My eyes then scanned the large marquee and I saw Joe nod his head for me to get ready. I walked across the room and took a deep breath as I approached him.

“I’m kinda of bricking it now.” I said through a deep breath as took the bottle of water from Joe in the corner where hardly anyone could see us.

“I know, but you’re doing this for Charlene. She’s gonna absolutely love it.”

“I hope so.” I mumbled, feeling my throat drying out. I never got nervous but I was on the verge of physically shaking at what would come next.

“She will. Plus, it will get you more brownie points for tonight.” Joe grinned, wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed and hugged him, walking over to the microphone by the piano and clearing my throat once more which seemed to get everyone’s attention.

“If I could just ask my beautiful wife to join me over here.” I said, looking around until I finally saw her. Every time my eyes latched onto her, I was taken back by her stunning she looked and what a truly lucky bastard I was to be able to call her mine.

She made her way towards me with a confused smile, taking my hand as I helped her up the 3 small steps. “Nick?” She asked softly, placing her hand on my chest. I smiled and ducked my head to press a kiss to her forehead before gently lifting her up and sitting her on the side of the piano, her long legs elegantly dangling off the side.

I took my seat at the piano and I heard her gasp quietly. She knew she was the only person outside of my family to have ever heard me sing, but I was overcoming my fear for her; to make this wedding perfect.

I began to lightly run my fingers over the keys, gazing back up into Charlene’s eyes. “This is our song, Charlene. I love you.”

She pressed her lips together tightly and a tear slowly rolled down her cheek as she heard the familiar tune that had come to mean so much to us.

“I've been alone with you inside my mind,
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times.
I sometimes see you pass outside my door,
Hello, is it me you're looking for?”

I closed my eyes for a brief second as the sheer power of the moment began to overwhelm me. As I began the next section of the song, Charlene’s gentle voice joined me as she slowly stepped down from the piano and sat beside me, her voice even more beautiful than I had remembered.

“I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted, and my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you.”

She lay her head on my shoulder as my fingers caressed the keys, her eyes fluttering closed as she too got taken by the moment.

“I long to see the sunlight in your hair.”

I smiled, looking over at Charlene who sang the next line with the most beautiful voice I had ever heard, her brown eyes locking on mine as she did.

“And tell you time and time again how much I care...”

I smiled and kiss her temple before we continued to sing the rest together, her head continuing to rest on my shoulder.

“Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
Hello, I've just got to let you know...
'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying, I love you..”

I ran my fingers over the keys one last time and gazed down at Charlene who was staring back up at me.

“I love you.” I end on a whisper, allowing my fingers to glide over a few more keys before silence filled the room.

I could hear everyone cheering and applauding but I couldn’t focus on anything but the woman sitting next to me staring into my eyes, her hands now on my chest.

“Thank you.” She said almost silently, fluttering her soft lips over mine. “I’m so proud of you.”

I brought my hands up to her cheeks and pressed my lips a little harder against hers before pulling back. “Will you join me in this dance?” I asked quietly, hearing people still cheering all around us.

“I’d love to.” She smiled, taking my hand and following me to the empty dance floor, the band quickly getting back into place and launching into another one of our songs; ‘Your Song’ by Elton John.

“You were amazing.” Charlene smiled proudly, sliding hers hands up to my face and rubbing her thumbs over my cheeks.

“So were you. I didn’t know you had lungs like that on you.”

“You didn’t?” She smirked, raising an eyebrow. I laughed and nuzzled my face into her perfumed neck.

“You’re so bad...but you’re so so good for me.”

She chuckled and slid her hands down to my shoulder, letting me softly sway us to the music, silence falling between us as everything began to hit.

“We’ve done it, Nicky. We’ve finally done it.”

I pulled my head back and lay my forehead on hers, gently rolling mine back and forth over hers.

“It took a while, but we’re finally married. We’re about to start the rest of our lives together, sweetie.”

Her eyes analysed me deeply and then she smiled, a subtle, loving smile. “I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I’m so intrigued to watch as your curls go grey. I’ve never seen grey curls on a man before.”

I laughed and slid my hands down her back, tugging her closer to me. “Well that won’t be happening for a long time, I’m sorry to inform you. We’re only 24 and we’ve got a lot of amazing things ahead of us before my hair starts going grey.”

“I’m sure you’ll make a dashing silver fox.” She chuckled pressing a kiss to my chin.

“I’m sure you will too.”

She glared at me playfully and snuggled close, her head resting on my chest as we swayed in time with one another, my arms wrapped so protectively around her that she was completely engulfed in my body.

“This has been the most incredible day of my life, Nick. You’ve made all of my dreams come true.” She pressed a kiss to my arm that was close to her face as I held her close, before continuing much quieter. “You’re my everything.”

“You’re more than my everything, Charlene.” I whispered in return, relishing the moment, completely ignoring the fact that absolutely everyone’s eyes were on us. “Ever since I first laid eyes on you, I knew you were like no one I’d ever met before. I knew you would change my life forever in just one glance.” I continued to speak softly into her ear, my head resting against hers as we danced slowly together, our chests pressed together so tightly I thought we were going to absorb to become one.

“I never wanted to be one of those guys that’s like a lost puppy without his girl, but I am. I’m completely whipped, Charlene, but I wouldn’t want it any other way. Being whipped with you is the best feeling in the world.”

She tilted her head upwards and brushed her lips against my cheek, her eyes slowly opening.

“You put off this hard and tough exterior to everyone on the outside, but inside you’re just a whipped little teddy bear, aren’t you?”

“Don’t tell anyone.” I whispered into her ear jokingly with a chuckle, which caused her grip on my shirt to tighten as she laughed; my favourite sound in the world.

“I promise, though I think it’s pretty obvious I’m completely hooked on you.”

“I love you.” I mumbled against her lips, smiling as the song came to an end. Our first dance as husband and wife had come to an end.

“I love you too.” She replied before pressing her lips to mine as the song finished, her hands coming up to gently lay on my cheeks, the texture of her cold wedding band on my skin, bringing a smile to my face.

My wife.

Finally.

...

As the sun slowly began to fall in the distance, it rippled over the clear ocean, the lights from the marquee reflecting back. Their big day had been nothing short of perfection for the married couple who with just one glance, you knew would be together forever. The looks the two shared, the longing glances from across the room despite only being apart for a few minutes, the intimacy between the two; it was meant to be and everyone and anyone could see that.

The way they would whisper sweet nothings into each other’s ears and the kisses they would share when they thought no one was looking, but in fact, everyone was always looking. It was simply enough to fill a persons soul with love and happiness by just being in the presence of these two, whose love could melt even the hardest of hearts.

The time came for the two to depart for their honeymoon, leaving the friends and family to enjoy a week in the stunning lodge seeing as they’d all travelled so far to attend the couple’s special day.

Charlene was in the middle of speaking to Nick’s grandmother when Nick walked up behind his new bride and affectionately wrapped his arm around her waist, whispering into her ear that it was time to go.

She smiled up at him and nodded, turning her attention back to Nick’s dear grandmother who hugged them both tightly; smiling like a smug cheshire cat. She whispered something into Charlene’s ear that caused Charlene to burst out laughing and hug the old woman once more, before wrapping her arm around the back of her loving husband. Though Nick was twice the size of his wife, she certainly wasn’t one to be pushed around by him and though he didn’t want people to know, everyone could see that Nick was quite happy to be wrapped around Charlene’s little finger. But that wasn’t to say she was completely immune to him, in fact it was the total opposite. She would drop everything in a second for Nick and again, though the strong and independent woman may not want everyone to know that, everyone did.

The blissfully happy couple made their way to the open entrance of the marquee to an array of support from everyone wishing them an amazing honeymoon. Nick said something into Charlene’s ear causing her to laugh and hit his chest, a cheeky smirk on her lips as she gazed up into his grinning eyes. There was no doubt their honeymoon would be perfect, just like their wedding.

Nick opened the door of the limousine for his blushing bride who smiled and kissed his cheek before waving to everyone and climbing in, carefully ensuring the small train of her dress was safely inside. Nick waved one final farewell before climbing in next to the love of his life, who was now officially his wife.

As the limousine pulled away from the beautiful marquee and out onto the quiet road, everyone broke out into huge smiles and cheers, knowing how much this day meant to both of them considering how much they had been put through. The limousine finally disappeared from vision, taking the loved up duo to the airport and then their private honeymoon destination elsewhere in the Bahamas for some much needed private time, away from the prying eyes of the world.

Nick and Charlene had finally become man and wife, one that would last the long haul despite any bumps along the way.

Fate smiled as it watched the two vanish beneath the setting sun in the distance, slowly rubbing it’s hands together in satisfaction that regardless of the odds against them, Nick and Charlene had pulled through.

But Fate knew that regardless of the part it had played in their love, they still would have come together to become man and wife eventually. Even fate could see that a love like Nick and Charlene’s was going to prevail through everything.

And with that, Fate smiled once more before vanishing off into the wind, knowing it was now needed elsewhere.

Nick and Charlene were married and head over heels in love. Fate’s work was done.
♠ ♠ ♠
Marry Me - Bruno Mars

Songs; Your Song - Elton John and Hello - Lionel Richie

Well that’s it boys and girls!

I know it was pretty long chapter, but I had so much to cram in. I really really hope it didn’t disappoint too many people but there’s rarely a perfect way to end a story that suits everyone.

I will post a sequel that like I previously said, will just be random posts but I will make sure the first one up is the honeymoon...after that it will just be random ideas that come to mind. The link to 'Going The Distance' is already up so go subscribe!

For the duet they performed during the reception, if you haven’t heard Glee’s cover of ‘Hello’ then go and have a listen! That’s what I was listening to when the idea popped up. Also, you must must must listen to Ellie Goulding's cover of 'Your Song' if you haven't yet :)

Please comment if you never have before, I’d love to hear from all of you!

And one random and final word...did anyone else find it funny that a week after the previous chapter was released, Joe got a new dog called Winston...I knew it was an awesome name ;)

Cheers my dears!

www.twitter.com/lotte_williams
http://wonderlandstroller.tumblr.com/

:D