‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers

She's Dancing Alone

Adam's Song

I let out a silent yawn as I draped my nightgown over my shoulders and dragged my feet towards the door of my bedroom. I swung it open, glancing back quickly at the clock on the desk before moving down the staircase. It had been three days since the little get together we’d had at the house. I said house because for some reason it didn’t feel too much like home anymore, it seemed like a place I could stay until I was shipped off again. I rolled my eyes, skipping into the kitchen as the air changed from warm to cool.

Hearing the doorbell I stopped in my tracks. I grunted, turning on my heel and storming over the cold surface in the direction of the front door. Swinging it open I let my eyes adjust on the person behind the door, my eye brows raised.

“Jack?” I asked. He simply smiled and shifted past me, inviting himself inside. “Why are you here so early?” I grumbled moving back into the kitchen I had so recently left. Opening one of the high cabinets I could feel a set of footsteps approaching before the clicking silence. I could feel the body heat radiating from the lanky frame pressed slow closely against my back. I could feel my breath hitching in my throat as his arm slipped over my shoulder, pressing even closer to me as he reached up, grabbing a thin cardboard box from the top shelf.

He pulled his arm back and in turn, withdrew himself from me and ripped the box open. I shut my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose as I collected myself. Ever since the talk with Alex I couldn’t help giving him what he’d wanted. I thought about Jack almost constantly and couldn’t stop myself from doing so.

Snapping my eyes open I turned around suddenly and leaned back against the counter.

“I dunno,” he shrugged. “Your mom buys better cereal than me,” he commented shoving a fistful of the contents in his mouth. I giggled at the sight before me. The glasses he usually chose not to wear were present on his nose and the crooked smile he wore on his face made me tilt my head and smile. He was so adorable. After the thought I instantly tensed and shook my head. “Is something wrong?” He asked settling the box on the table beside him.

“Uh, no, I’m gonna go for a walk,” I stated making the split decision on the spot.

“Well okay,” he began with a nod. “D’you mind if I come with you?” He asked softly.

“No, not at all,” I smiled quickly before walking towards the door frame. My hand rested on the white wood before I turned back to look at him. “I’m just gonna go get dressed, then I’ll be back. Make yourself at home,” I shrugged catching his smile before I turned back around. Once again, his footsteps followed mine, however his were further behind and trailed off into the sitting area whilst I bounded up the stairs. After slipping into my room I emerged a few moments later fully clothed. I walked up behind Jack, tilting my head at the infomercial on the screen. “What’s that?” I asked looking at the strange contraption with my head tilted. Jack visibly jumped before turning around.

“Bri don’t do that you sca-” he whined before turning around and halting himself. “Scared me,” he finished as a blush crept up his cheeks.

“What are you blushing at?” I asked with a small smirk on my lips as I walked over to the closet and pulled out a jacket to slip over my bare shoulders.

“I am not blushing,” he protested with a frown causing me to let another giggle pass my lips as I rolled my eyes. When I turned around to close the door the sounds erupting from the television ceased. I turned back to see Jack taking to his feet. He made his way over, wrapping me in a hug suddenly. I let my eyebrows rise as I returned the hug only to have his grip around me tighten as he pulled me off the ground.

“Uh, Jack put me down,” I muttered awkwardly.

“Why?” He asked taking his face away from my neck to frown at me.

“Because I don’t enjoy heights and it’s like being sat on a lamppost,” I smirked. His scowl intensified before he loosened his arm quickly and I fell to my feet. “You jackass,” I mumbled straightening out my attire before reaching out to the handle. Before my hand could lie on the shiny surface a larger hand turned the handle and swung the door open. I looked to jack with a raised eyebrow but he simply nodded in the direction of the door. I sighed and moved outside. I heard the click of the latch and turned to face Jack. What I didn’t expect was to see him a mere foot from me. He grabbed my sides roughly and pulled me to him before releasing his grip and pulling my face up to meet his, our lips collided and igniting a spark which had been extinguished for so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Absolutely shitty and I don't care. I wasn't planning on putting this so soon. But I won't let it interfere with what's happening. I want at least 5 more comments (that brings us to 100) or you guys aren't getting any comments. MMKAY I LOVE YOU BABIES.

-THE RIPPER