‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers

She's Dancing Alone

Bang the Doldrums

He pulled away very fast and wrapped his arms around my shoulders with a large grin on his face.

“You have absolutely no idea how much everyone’s missed you. It sucks when your best friend’s in a different state.”

One feeling: disappointment. The feeling was rushing through every last one of my veins. I didn’t return his hug, just stood, limp.

“I missed you too,” I muttered after a few moments. I practised smiling to myself for the short time I spent with my face concealed. “We should walk,” I added after I felt I got it right. Pulling myself from his grasp I turned almost instantly on my heal and he was quick to follow. We walked in silence; the only sound generated from us was the shuffling of feet. I could feel him look over every couple of minutes trying to read my expression. Every couple of times I’d look back and he’d cast me a smile, silently asking if I was okay. Whenever this happened I simply tossed back a weak smile, clearly I wasn’t convincing him.

“Carolyn comes home in two days,” he noted causing me to break out into a genuine grin. “I don’t know why we held you a party, she actually stuck out graduation,” he teased causing me to roll my eyes and slap his shoulder.

“I can’t wait to see her,” I sighed biting down on my lip.

“That’s so weird; you spent every day with her for the past three years,” he frowned. I turned and raised an eyebrow at him.

“I spent every day with you and the guys for roughly four. I can manage Kara,” I shot back.

“Okay that was uncalled for,” he pouted. I shrugged nonchalantly and nudged him so he stumbled slightly off the sidewalk. He turned to me with a frown as I smiled before pushing me back. We talked and laughed for a few more moments. We’d reached a small stretch leading up to a park and were discussing what had happened in the long time we’d been apart when I saw a familiar figure in the distance.

“Is that Alex?” I asked looking at a brown haired guy dressed very similarly to Alex. A considerably smaller blond came into view and a small ginger and white colored animal roamed around on its leash. “Yeah that’s Alex!” I called picking up my pace a little. Jack didn’t have to put in much more effort to reach my speed. As we got within a reasonable distance the taller of the two picked up on our presence and pointed us out to Lisa.

“Fancy seeing you guys here,” I grinned as we reached them. The two simply grinned and I enveloped Lisa in a large hug taking her slightly by surprise. “You’re my best friend’s girlfriend. It’s my job to be overbearingly friendly,” I explained to the unspoken questions running through her head with a nod causing her to giggle and hug me back right before we pulled away.

“I thought I was your best friend?” Jack frowned. I shrugged and looked between the taller beings.

“You’re all my best friends,” I smiled earning approving looks from the two.

“So how come you two are here anyway?” Alex asked as the furry animal sniffed around Jack and I’s feet.

“We just came out for a walk but now I get to see this little critter,” I explained kneeling on the side walk and extending my hand for the puppy to smell. He sniffed the tips of my fingers out of curiosity for a brief moment before dropping on his back with his paws in the air.

“He likes you,” I could hear Alex coo causing me to look up to see three grinning faces looking right down at me. I returned a smile before returning to playing with the animal subconsciously.

“So when do you guys go back in the studio?” I asked tilting my head to the side. The guys exchanged a thoughtful look before replying.

“We have another week or so. But it’s just to make sure we like how everything’s been mixed and to sign some copies of the album for our fan club,” Jack explained.

“Oh you have a fan club?” I asked looking up at them. “You must feel accomplished!” I teased. Both boys sent me unamused stares while Lisa bit her lip to muffle her giggles.

“I would ask if you guys wanted to come over to hang out but one of you sucks ass,” Alex shot me a glare. I took to my feet, placing a hand on Jack’s shoulder and turning fully to face him.

“Sorry Jack! There’s only one invitation. I’ll see you later!” I played causing the whole group to chuckle to themselves.

“Come on let’s just go,” Jack grinned rolling his eyes.

“No I’m serious. You can come but she sucks!” Alex exclaimed whilst Lisa raised an eyebrow from his side. I rolled my eyes, slapping his bicep before he sent me a smile and a wink. Starting off up the road Sebastian was jumping around like a maniac giving us all entertainment and I realised what I’d been missing all these years.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but I'm really angry right now. Actually I'm mixed. I'm angry because of some friends have bunched into a stereotypically fake clique and I'm kind of relieved because... well, the person who stole my plots got their taste of karma. Ooh I watched Saw IV a couple of hours ago and now I'm really paranoid (which isn't normal for me) but then again it's 4AM. Leave me love so Jigsaw won't get me.

-THE RIPPER
<33

PS: Dear world, my school just posted all the 'details' on prom. The only instructions I'm following are: go and I will die.