‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers

She's Dancing Alone

Calm Before the Storm

“Oh my god I’ve missed you!” Carolyn squealed as she jumped from the cab and I wrapped her in a hug. After letting her go she turned around and handed the money through the window.

“Carrie it’s only been a few days!” I reminded her with a grin plastered across my face.

“I know but when I’ve seen you ever day for three years it’s hard to suddenly let go,” she pointed out.

“Well I can’t deny that,” I giggled hugging her once more. “How was graduation?” I asked pulling away.

“Oh it was amazing, but I’ll go into detail later, right now my boyfriend’s behind you and he has nice lips,” she apologized causing Zack to laugh from behind me. She almost jumped past me and began to molest his face. I rolled my eyes, but let them have their privacy nonetheless. Alex was sat on Carolyn’s doorstep, a smile on his face and his arm around Lisa’s shoulder as they spoke soft words to each other. The sight made me smile, but it made me feel lonely. I let out a sigh and watched as the cab took off into the distance. I could feel a tap on my shoulder and spun my head in the opposite direction.

“Hey Ri,” I smiled noticing Kara squealing to Carolyn over my shoulder.

“What’s up?” He asked tilting his head at me. I raised my eyebrows, slightly taken off guard by his question.

“Nothing, why?” I asked.

“Well are you gonna come to Carolyn’s homecoming party?” He asked totally ignoring my question. I let out a low sigh and looked at the girl next to the many bags. I smiled a bit but shook my head.

“I think I’ll sit this one out.”

“You’re kidding me right? Come on! College has changed you, you never come to parties anymore,” he pouted.

“Are you pouting Mr Dawson?” I smirked finding the situation amusing. He rolled his eyes and let the expression wear off his face.

“Yes. Now come along, please?” He asked to which I bit my lip, feeling uneasy. He clearly picked up on this.

“At least tell me what’s going on?” He reasoned. I could feel my heartbeat pounding a little harder than it normally would and looked over in Jack’s direction. He was talking to Zack and laughing at whatever conversation they had going.

“It’s kind of,” I began cutting myself off and snapping my eyes back to Rian. “Weird.” I finished.

“Hit me with your best shot,” he shrugged. I frowned a little, trying to concentrate on how to phrase the situation playing on my mind. “Come on, it can’t be that bad,” he smiled making me feel a little worse even though that was the last thing he wanted.

“You can’t tell anyone,” I warned him.

“Scouts honor,” he saluted to which I laughed.

“You weren’t ever a boy scout,” I giggled.

“I could be if you really want. And it made you laugh anyway!” He grinned showing off his piano teeth. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms over my chest.

“Okay, just so long as you won’t tell,” I mumbled. I took in a deep breath and wondered whether this was the best place to tell him.

“I don’t really know how to explain it,” I confessed keeping my voice hushed. He realised what I was doing and lowered his voice to the same level.

“I’m guessing it’s something to do with Jack,” he answered for me to which I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

“Is it that obvious?” I whined. I could hear him chuckle from beside me but I didn’t move.

“You two still look at each other in the same way you did when you were official,” he shrugged.

“Yeah but we’re not are we?” I snapped to which he held his hands up in defence. I shook my head in apology. “Sorry, I’m a woman.”

“Understandable. And it feels weird calling you a woman,” he smirked but continued before I had a chance to respond. “I’m not going to force you into doing anything. And I definitely won’t make you tell him what you think,” he began making sure I wouldn’t flip out on him. “I just think you should think everything over, and I mean everything. When you’ve done that then it’ll be clearer what you have to do,” he nodded. “And it if doesn’t, you can come tell me anything,” he smiled. The smile I returned was genuine and touch my eyes. I reached forward, wrapping my arms around him in a hug.

“Thanks Rian,” I sighed.

“Don’t worry about it sweetheart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I've had writer's block and my week is un believably busy, my anemia got so bad I passed out this morning and I basically feel like a bag of nails. But I'm going seeing LostProphets tomorrow and possibly getting backstage :O
I stopped on the questions! I'm gonna start them again because I like to feel in touch with you. Okay simple question, what's your favourite color? Easy :)

-THE RIPPER