‹ Prequel: Dark Eyed Dreamers

She's Dancing Alone

Kelsey

I swept my hair over my shoulder whilst gazing at my reflection. I gnawed at the inside of my cheek as my eyes left the mirror to scan over the counter before me. Reaching out I quickly took a hold of the eye shadow brushes scattered among the fake marble surface and swirled the tips in the black powder. Quickly running them over my eyelids I used the pads of my finger to smooth out the uneven surface. I smiled at the woman looking back at me in satisfaction before clearing cleaning up the work surface. I switched the plug that had been supplying power to my straightener and left them to cool.

My time in the bathroom had been sufficiently lengthened due to the amount of times Jack had been in to use the damned contraption and it had taken me long enough to get ready in the first place. I was nervous to say the least. We were eating dinner from what I assumed to be a classy restaurant. We the Kings, Cartel and the members from Days Difference would be joining us along with the crew and managers of each band. I only knew the All Time Low members and the girlfriends. I wanted to make a good impression so I’d fished through everything I owned to find something reasonably decent.

After everything had been packed back away I slipped into the grey suede shoes awaiting me by the door. After combing my fingers through my hair I unlocked the door and stepped out into the room. Looking around I saw that I was the only person in the room. I shrugged off the thought and walked to my bed, picking up my clutch and walking onto the balcony. It was already dark and the city was lit up in various shades and colours. I leaned against the ledge and looked through the bag checking to make sure everything was there. When I heard the lock click my eyes snapped up and watched as Jack walked back into the room. I smiled to myself and walked to the glass door sliding it back.

His hair was styled and spiked to perfection; it looked as though every single strand had been thought about and designed He wore a pinstriped navy blue shirt with the first couple of buttons undone. The black dress pants he wore clung to his slim legs. He dressed up good. It didn’t take him long to notice me walking into the room, when he did he stopped in his tracks.

“Wow,” he commented simply staring at the dress I wore. I rolled my eyes, tucking my clutch between my elbow and my hip as I ran my fingers through my hair once more and sat on the edge of my bed.

“When do we leave here?” I asked crossing my legs over each other and letting my purse drop to the mattress.

“Not long,” he shrugged before walking over and taking a place at the edge of Zack’s bed to face me. “You look really pretty,” he commented. Despite the blush crawling up my neck I grinned widely in his direction.

“Thank you,” I returned. “Not so bad yourself Barakat,” I chuckled before standing and pacing towards the door just in time for it to fly open. Zack stopped in his tracks and leaned against the door when he saw me walking over. Jack stood behind me and began to follow in my steps.

“Rian’s gonna meet us at the restaurant,” Zack explained pushing the door further open to allow me to exit. I heard shuffling as Jack picked up the hotel card and we left for the lobby.

My heartbeat must have been audible as we began to slow outside the fanciest restaurant I had seen for miles. Familiar and unfamiliar cars pulled into line around us as we followed each other for a parking lot in a single-file. When we found spaces within close proximity of each other we began to leave the cars and abandon the lot all together just as a familiar little car pulled up. I grinned as I saw Rian drive past and pull up three spaces down from the car I’d left. I watched as he left his side of the car and made his way round to the other side. I frowned in confusion as the door opened for a pair of tanned legs to step out.

“Kara!” I squealed running as fast as the heels could carry me to the vehicle.

“Brianna!” She laughed just as enthusiastically. I gripped onto her and we both exchanged greetings before I scolded her for not letting me know she was joining the tour, apparently it was only for a few days. We all arranged ourselves in one large group before entering the building and checking in for the large section we’d reserved. We settled and then burst into chatter. I took a seat on the end of the row we were on. Jack sat directly opposite me with Kara to my right and Rian on her other side. Alex was placed next to Jack with Zack to his left on the other side of a long redheaded guy. I found myself to speak only to Kara as the boys were generally engulfed in conversation with each other. In these situations I was usually the shy girl in the corner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part two comes when I get 5 comments!