Love In A Single Heartbeat.

Chapter 1

When I first came to know about what’s happening, I was so shocked I could’ve killed myself. But something from the past wandered my mind for a while and it helped me find a will to keep on living although I know that my life would be different than the others and that I have to make sacrifices. I know I can do this. I know that everything will be alright. I believe in myself. But, things just don’t always turn out the way you planned it. It never does.

Every day, I keep on wishing that my life could be just a little better and that I could be happier than I am now and I won’t have to suffer. But I know that it had gone worse and that there’s no more hope. But people always believe that no matter how bad that situation is there’s always a little bit of hope. I didn’t believe them.

Until that particular day...

I was standing on my knees in my balcony and praying, like I always do every morning. I breathe the fresh morning air after I’m done. The street had always been empty at this time of day. But today, it wasn’t completely vacant. I saw somebody walking by. Then I remembered. It was the first day of high school. I keep on watching him and I soon realized that I had been smiling. I looked back as soon as I heard the door knob turn.

“Good morning, honey. Wait. Why are you - You almost look like you’re … glowing.” My mom said.

“Oh, you know. Sometimes you just wake up and the world seems like a better and friendlier place.” I said when I realized, I was still smiling.

“So, when exactly does the world seem a better and friendlier place?”

“Let’s just say this is the first time in a long while.” I grinned.

“Okay then. Well, here’s your breakfast. After eating, make sure you drink your medicines and then you’re free for the rest of the day.”

“Okay, mom. Thank you.”

“For?”

“Everything.” I smiled again and she kissed my forehead and walked out of the room.

Whatever I’m doing, I kept thinking of him. Nothing could ever stop me from thinking about him. I tried everything, even watching my favorite movie and reading my favorite book. But still, the same results. He kept haunting my mind. I really wanted to know him but knowing who I am now, I just knew he wouldn’t be interested in getting to know me. But I was still simply curious.

I looked around my room and I saw a stack of origami paper. I got nothing to do so I made paper cranes from them. It took me quite a long time to make one perfect crane since I’m no good at origami folding.

After I finished, I stood up in my balcony, holding the yellow paper crane in both of my hands, closed my eyes and made a wish. I blowed the paper crane and let it make its way to the ground. I sat there for hours, waiting for him. At last, he passed by and picked up the paper crane. When he looked up, I quickly went inside my room. I knew that he would think that the paper crane had fallen down from the sky. I just smiled to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi all ..
First chapter ..
Tell me watcha think ..

xoxo .. laura