Love In A Single Heartbeat.

Chapter 2

Two weeks had passed…

Everyday, I made those paper cranes. And threw them every morning when he walked to school and every evening when he got home. He always picks them up and puts them in his bag. I watched his every single move. I couldn’t help it. I was so happy. I'm startting to sound like a stalker now.

This evening, before having dinner, I made a wish and threw the paper crane. After I threw it, I heard a crashing sound. It must’ve been from the family living across the street, I looked at their house, hoping to get at least a clue of what’s happening. I got nothing. I looked downwards again and I saw that he wasn’t far from my house. He must’ve seen me. I wonder what his opinion of me is. A part of my heart knew that it wasn’t what he had expected.

The next morning, I was hoping that he would still pick up my paper cranes. But little did I know that something extraordinary had been waiting for me.

I went to my balcony and I heard a beautiful song. It was him, playing the piano for me.

Those delicate hands, pressing the piano keys flawlessly. He played that song just for me.

Words couldn’t describe my feelings right now. And on top of that grand piano, he placed all of the paper cranes that I’ve been throwing since the last two weeks.

I came down to my front door and motioned him to come with me into my backyard. We sat at one of the benches near the small lake.

“Thank you for the song. It’s really beautiful.”

“You’re welcome. I was wondering, why did you leave a paper crane out there every morning and evening?”

“Because I saw you walking by.”

He laughed. “This popularity of mine.”

I couldn’t help but smile.

“Sorry. By the way, how come I’ve never seen you in school?” He asked.

“I’m sick. I couldn’t go to school since the last six months. I do my school work at home but it’s only on Fridays because I can’t be too tired.” I said shyly.

“Oh, I see. I’m Sky. And you are?”

“My name is Autumn.”

“Such a beautiful name. So your siblings’ name must be Spring, Summer and Winter?”

“No. I’m an only child.”

“Oh. I have to go home and finish my homework. It’s getting late.”

“Okay then.”

“I’ll meet you here tomorrow. Wait for me after school. See you.”

“See you. Oh and Sky, thanks again.”

“Nah! Don’t mention it.” He smiled and walked home.

After that, I went to my room and decided to take a rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
done. hope y'all like it.

xoxo .. laura ..