Status: Started Up Again

Fate Has a Weird Way of Working Things Out

This Is Unbelievable!

"Of course not. They love you!"
The guys and I walked through the crowd of people.
"Hey mom! Look! It's Kate Ross!!" I turned to face the little girl that was talking, "Mom! Mom! She's looking at me!!! She's the bestest!" I stopped walking.
"Hey do you want an autograph?" I asked.
"Yes!" She smiled and held out her jersey. It was the team Canada logo with the number 1 and the name Ross on the back.

I had a little bit of small talk with the girl and her mother until I had to go.

We waited at the front of the airport until the fans had gone away.
"I guess this is it..." Cam said.
I sighed, "I guess so..."
"Well this sucks..." Sidney added.
"I'm Gunna miss you guys so much!!" I grabbed Sid, Cam Jason, Carey, Eric, Jon and Drew into a huge hug.
"I'll see you guys around, Bye!" I got into the awaiting cab and it started driving away.

I hadn't talked to any of the guys in months...aside from Drew, who I had grown quite close to. He was playing with the Guelph Storm as I played for the London Knights in the OHL, so we saw each other a lot.

Now. It was the middle of June. Not the cold January day that I remembered vividly. Today. Was. Draft. Day. I was hoping with all my hope. Wishing with all my wish. Prayer with all my prayer...that I would be drafter b an NHL team. I could see that this was almost impossible. The odds were zero to none. But I didn't give up faith.

Fate has a weird way of working things out.

"I'm scared..." I whispered to Drew.
We were on our way to Ottawa, where the draft was being held.
"It's alright. You're going to be drafted..." His voice was quiet, and almost a little shaky, as though he was doubting his own words, a little uncertain.

A few hours later we were sitting in the large auditorium where either smiles or tears would come from.

"Erm...hello, Kate Ross...?" A man with a black suit and sunglasses walked up to me.
"Yes." I replied, as about fie other guys, dressed in the same way, walked up.
One of them moved his sunglasses down, revealing his deep brown eyes, "You don't still hang out with that loser do you?"
My eyes lilt up and my jaw practically dropped to the floor. "Sidney!!!" I screamed.
He smiled and took his sunglasses off, as the others did the same. I ran up and hugged the first of the six I had seen, Eric. And then the other guys; Jon, Carey, Cam,and Jason.
"I can't believe you guys actually came!!"" I beamed brightly.
"We wouldn't miss it for the world." Carey smiled.

"The LA Kings select Drew Doughty second overall." Drew stood up and walked over to the stage as I gave him a thumbs up.
"The Columbus Blue Jackets proudly select the soon to be first woman in the NHL, Kate Ross..." I jumped up, "Third overall," And received hugs from all the guys.
Walked onto the stage and put on my jersey and hat. A few pictures were taken, then I stepped off the stage.

An interviewer approached me.
"Hello Miss. Ross, may I have a few words?" She asked.
"Sure."
"So what's going through your mind right now?"
"A lot! I really can't believe I'm going to be living my dream!!! It's amazing."
"How about being drafted my Columbus in particular?"
"I could careless what team it was right now," We both laughed, "But it is great to go to a team where I know some guys."
"And who do you know?"
"Steve Mason. He was on my Junior team. And rick Nash, who was on the Canadian squad."
"Thanks, and good luck."
"'Welcome," And I walked back over to my seat near the boys.
"I told you, you'd be drafted Katie!" Drew smiled, "But you should'a went first overall," He winked.
I laughed, and then Sidney spoke. "So I get to score on my star goalie? Fun."
"You won't do much scoring on me Crosby."
"Oooh, I can't wait to see that play out..." That was Carey.
"I wouldn't be talking you two. I'm going to have a better save percentage and GAA then both of you...put together."
They rolled their eyes.
"What?" I laughed, "I only speak the truth."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter! (:
I wrote this so long ago, haha...beggining of June or so :P