One Sport, One Love, One Shot

You Belong With Me Kris Letang-Song Fic

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, Shes upset
Shes going off about something that you said
She doesn't get your humor like I do

I starred blankly at the pile of papers infront of me. I really had to get going on that essay, but all I could think about was you. You were pacing back and forth, obviously talking to that horrible girlfriend of yours. You could have anybody in the world but you had to pick her, and here I was sitting alone. I miss you so much.

I'm in the room it 's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do

I blasted my "Bullet For My Valentine" CD. I knew she hated this music, and it was the best way to get you and her out of my head. I've known you since I was five, and I could tell you more about yourself then you could. I knew everything about you, from your past girlfriends, to your hockey records. I love you Kris Letang.

But she wears short skirts; I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers

I sat, first row behind the bench watching your every move. I wore my Letang jersey and a Pens t-shirt. And then there was your girlfriend. She was wearing a mini skirt. Why did you ever pick her?

Dreamin' about the day when you wake up
And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

You were driving, and I was shotgun. You just swept the Caps in the second round, and you turned down the offer to go out with the guys to go and hang out with me. I was starring out the window, when you will you ever love me?

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see
You belong with me
You belong with me

Those other girls don't deserve you, but your oblivious to it all. You smile at each one of them inturn and completely forget about me. I slide over to the side of the room, why did I even come to this party? Soon you'll see that I'm the one who does deserve you, soon you'll see, that you belong with me.

Walkin' the streets with you and your worn out jeans
I can't help thinkin' this is how it outta be
Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself
Hey isn't this easy

We walking in unison down to the park. You have a couple days until your next game, so you decided to hang out with me, finally noticing how much you've been ignoring me.

And you got a smile that could light up this whole town
I haven't seen it in a while since she brought you down

You have the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. But lately it's disappeared. You seem constantly stressed, and never at ease. That girl, is really hurting you.

You say you've been fine; I know you better then that
What you've been doing with a girl like that?

Why do you keep lieing to me?! I can see it in your eyes, that she's been hurting you. You shrug it off, and say I've been paranoid. One day you will open up you're eyes and see, you belong with me.

She wears high heals; I wear sneakers
Shes cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreamin' about the day when you wake up
And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

It's the next series, now against the Flyers. She wears those ugly four inch high heels, but I'm sticking to sneakers. I fall asleep on the way home in your car, I dream of that day, when you realize I'm the one you've been looking for.

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see
You belong with me

You run your hand through your hair, and tell me about your breakup. In my head I'm thanking God for finally making you notice that she's not the one for you. Now you just have to see, that you belong with me.

Standing by you waiting at your backdoor
All this time how could you not know baby
You belong with me

You chase me around your backyard. And finally you catch me, you fell ontop of me, and started tickling me. You're face is inches away, but I resist the urge to pull my face closer and kiss you softly on the lips.

Oh I remember you driving to my house
In the middle of the night
I'm the one that makes you laugh
When you know you're bout to cry

It was four am. I opened the door to see your saddened face. I welcome you in, and close the door behind you. You're about to cry, I can see it in your face, despite the act you put on for me. After talking for hours I finally got that smirk back on your face.

I know your favorite songs
And you tell me about your dreams
Think I know where you'll belong
Think you know it's with me

"I bet you don't know my new favourite song," he laughs. "I sooo bet I do." I took my guess which I guaranteed to be exact. He continues to laugh, and tells me about his most recent dream. I've known you for fifteen years, and finally you realize it; I love you, and you love me.
Cant you see that I'm the one who understands you

Been here all along so why can't you see
You belong with me
Standing by you waiting at your backdoor
All this time how could you not know baby
You belong with me

I walk down the isle with a white gown on. I give you credit, you finally realized our love, even if it was after twenty years. This was a day we will remember forever.
You belong with me
You belong with me
Have you ever thought just maybe you belong with me
You belong with me

♥Kris Letang♥