Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 1

Chapter One

"Gran!" She whined, looking from her Grandmother to her older brother, "I'm ready, I know I am. You know I have to do this!"

"Paisley Longbottom," Scolded her Gran, "I know nothing of the sort!"

"Gran, I have been going to Hogwarts since I was eleven, I've been fine." Said Neville, noting the pleading look his sister was giving him. He knew not to anger Paisley, as pretty as she was, she had even more of a fiery temper than Ginny Weasley.

"Yes, but you know your sister took it harder than you and I." Said their Gran, in her high pitched, condescending voice.

"Gran, I'm right here!" Shouted Paisley, her temper getting the best of her and her obvious annoyance at her Grandmother's tone, showing in her voice.

"Well, with you spending all that time in St. Mungo's with your parents must have done some physiological damage to your head. You wouldn't be in the right frame of mind, sending you to Hogwart's could be a danger to all of the students." Argued her Grandmother, shedding her fur coat and stuffed lion headdress.

"Gran! I've been home schooled for five years have I shown any signs of being mad? Just because I choose to spend time with my currently indisposed parents doesn't mean I'm adapting such habits!" Shouted Paisley, clenching her fists.

Then she decided that it was best for everyone's safety if she just went to her room, so dropping her bags on the floor she rushed to her bedroom. She and Neville shared, seeing as funds were low with their Gran only receiving monthly cheques from the Ministry of Magic.

Paisley flopped on her bed thinking about the words that her Grandmother had spouted at her.

It was true, she had spent almost all of her time in the Critical Ward of St. Mungo's with her parent's, she had never lost hope that the skilled healer's would fix her parents. Frank and Alice Longbottom were part of the Order of the Phoenix, until that is, they were tortured into unresponsiveness by a Death Eater team lead by the most foul creature. Bellatrix Lestrange.

Paisley had never gone to school because she was too afraid to leave her parent's in their current state, she had refused Dumbledore's owls and, on one rare occasion, an actual visit, in person.

Augusta Longbottom, Paisley and Neville's Grandmother had accepted her granddaughters decision and had since deluded herself into thinking that if Paisley were to attend school she would have a mental break down, seeing as she wasn't used to all the people. Some, weren't aware of the fact that Neville even had a sister.

The door creaked open and Neville walked in, tripping slightly over his own feet before flopping down on the bed beside her.

"You know she's only trying to protect you, right?" He said, looking at her, and scanning her blue eyes for any uncertainty.

"She just doesn't understand!" Said Paisley, sounding exasperated as she tossed her mid-length blond hair over shoulder. "She lost a child, we lost both of our parents. I know you and Gran think I'm crazy for believing that there's hope, hell, even I think I'm pushing it. But I have to believe in something, you know?"

Neville regarded his sister carefully. Unlike him, she had gotten their mother's looks, gorgeous and charming, beautiful and slender, but Paisley never thought of herself like that, she had been closed off from everything since their parent's accident. She had so much to offer the world, and when she finally started to accept the idea of moving on, their Gran smothers the very idea.

"I know. That's why I'm doing you a favorite little sister." Smiled, Neville, showing off his crooked set of teeth. Another thing he hadn't inherited from his mother, but Paisley had been lucky enough not to get.

Paisley's head snapped up, her eyes meeting his with curiosity, much to Neville's delight, she was smiling.

"Your only older by ten months!" She argued, "Now, Neville, what did you do?"

"I invited Harry Potter to lunch to help your cause. You know how much Gran respects his opinion."

They laughed and much like Neville was doing before, Paisley regarded her brother closely. He would be entering his sixth year this year, as would she if Harry could manage to do his job correctly, and he had changed so much.

Paisley expected that his new found confidence was due to his trip to the Department of Mysteries last year. He still looked the same as he did when he was eleven, round faced, short, plump, and blonde. He was also her best friend in the world. He had always been clumsy and disorganized, but even since going to Hogwart's his confidence went soaring and he had almost become a new person. Paisley hoped Hogwart's could help her overcome her insecurities as well.

"Your brilliant, Nev!" She shouted, embracing her brother, "I'm going to Hogwart's!"

"Maybe! Your maybe going to Hogwart's." Corrected Neville.

"I'm going to get to meet, Hermione, Ron, and I'm going to be meeting Harry today, I can meet that boy Malfoy your always going on about, I hope I get to hex him into oblivion for all he's done to you. I can meet Ginny Weasley, because your always saying my temper is even more fierce than hers, and I can meet the ever elusive Hannah Abbott, that girl you've fancied since your second year . . . "

Paisley prattled on about all the people Neville had talked about over the years that she had never been around to meet. Neville smiled and laughed as she recalled everything he had ever said about them. But deep down he couldn't help but worry for his sister, she had never been exposed to the growing evil in the Slytherin House.

Sure, she had heard of evil, what had happened to their parents was exposure enough, but she had never been on the receiving end of a hex or curse, or even one of their insults. Neville himself was the object of ridicule from Draco Malfoy, but he was used to the cracks at his parents. If Malfoy were to throw on of those insults in Paisley's direction, there was no telling what she might do.

But one more earth shattering smile from his sister showing nothing but her pure excitement, something he hadn't seen in her for a long time, was enough for him to forget his worries for a couple hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my Draco Malfoy fan fic. I hope you guys like it. I won't be update so often because of my other Jacob Black story, but I will be updating so subscribe and comment, I need to know whether or not I should continue with it.
Paisley looks like this