Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

“Malfoy's don't fancy, we shag.” He said blatantly, he was avoiding the full truth. He didn't want to anything that could be potentially embarrassing.

“Are you upset that you missed your eight O' clock appointment with your latest bedding?” Asked Paisley, referring to Bulstrode.

“To be honest, a good imagination, a wet wash cloth and my hand perform just as well as she does.” He drawled, surveying the room. There was water everywhere and soapy bubbles, Paisley had picked some up earlier and placed them on her face, like a beard, pretending to make a speech like Dumbledore does every year.

Draco had to admit, it was funny. He didn't laugh.

Now the bubbles were falling off her face as she talked, he thought that was a good excuse if she caught him starring at her lips.

“Really?” She giggled, “I've only been here two days and I have heard that she is the easiest shag out there.”

“Doesn't mean she's any good, probably has a couple rug rats, too.” He drawled, picking himself up off the floor and walking to his desk were he reached inside his ruck sack. Paisley noted that when he walked it was more like a strut, it annoyed her because it was a walk that said 'I'm better than all you toss pops!'

“Well,” She said, rolling her eyes, “If she's easy it must mean she had experience, and experience at multiple times and places means you pick up techniques and such.”

Paisley started to laugh loudly when she saw that Draco had pulled out a mirror from his bag and was checking his hair.

“We don't have time for your ignorance.” He said, putting away his mirror and walking back to the sink, kicking her as he walked by, pretending that it was an accident. Paisley rolled her eyes, he thought she was ignorant?

“What do you mean, 'we don't have tim-'” Her question was cut short when ten loud chimes were heard throughout the castle.

Uh oh, She thought, times up.

“Merlin!” Shouted Paisley, standing up and almost slipping on the water, she tried standing up again, satisfied when falling was avoided. “Snape will be here any minute.”

“Don't get your knickers in a twist!” Said Draco in that same drawling 'I don't care' voice that he was always applying to his voice.

He then walked over to his ruck sack and pulled out his wand from the same compartment his mirror was in.

Paisley watched in confusion as his flicked his wrist and waved his wand and the mess cleaned it self up. The cauldrons scrubbing themselves and then neatly stacking on one another in the corner.

The water mopped itself up on the floor, and the sink drained of water. The soap suds and bubbles popped themselves and suddenly everything was clean.

Snape chose that comical timing to walk in, not bothering to address either one of his students, he was upset that he had to give Slytherins detentions and didn't even get to deduct any points from Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, or that sorry excuse for a chivalrous club Gryffindor.

Severus scanned the room, noting that it looked pristine, even more so then when they started. Snape decided that he didn't want to know how they had cleaned up the room because he didn't want to punish Slytherin again.

He dismissed both Paisley and Draco handing them both back their wands, but not before stopping them with his monotone bored voice,

“Miss Longbottom, you've got something on your face,” He said, showing her by wiping off imaginary dirt from his face, “Wipe it off, you look ridiculous.”

As the two students left the room, Severus Snape smiled to himself, but it was gone as quick as it came.

Paisley blushed and wiped at her chin, her head of house already thought she was a loon. She followed behind Draco, not too close, but close enough that she could still see him. Paisley didn't quite know her way around the castle yet.

“Where do you get that extra wand?” She asked, “We had to hand them to Snape at the beginning of detention.”

“I always carry an extra.” Was his simple, well thought out answer.

He stopped by the brick wall entrance as she approached. She stood there, thinking he was going to tell her more, but he moved closer to her. Paisley's eyes fluttered closed.

He reached out his hand, brushing a few stray suds off of her face, when she opened her eyes he was gone.

There, in that moment, a silent truce, a silent understanding was made, they would not speak of the events in detention that night. The secrets they shared, the laughs. Draco Malfoy was a prat, that much was true, but he was definitely less of a prat that he would like people to think.

She looked around the dungeon hall way. It was dark, lit only by a few candles perched on the walls, the other Houses corridors weren't so drafty and cold.

She whispered the password and entered the Slytherin common room, the ceiling was green and translucent, it was the Black Lake, it was protected by a layer of magic so when the students were looking up, they saw the lake right above them.

Paisley laughed and made it her mission to spot the Giant Squid.

Now it was time to sleep, and as our heroine's eyes closed her vision was clouded by images of a blond boy, with sharp features, a cold sneer, and reason for being that way he was.