Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

Augusta had calmly left the premiss after Dumbledore had used his quite active gift of persuasion, also after a very questionable lemon bon bon.

Paisley was about to leave the Headmaster's office, when he called her name.

“I'd like to have a word if your not too preoccupied.” He said, stroking Fawks, as he cooed in pleasure.

“Of course, sir.” Said Paisley, sitting down in the seat opposite Dumbledore.

“About your accident,” He started, “Can you inform me of the participants.”

“Sir, I know who they were, but with all due respect I would like to handle them on my own.” She smiled, a similar glint gleaming in both of their eyes.

“Can you tell me who brought you to the Hospital Wing,” He paused, thinking, “I make it my priority to give credit where credit is due.”

“Draco Malfoy, sir.” She said, trying unsuccessfully to hide a goofy smile that graced her face. “He saw the culprits in the act and sent them off.”

“How very noble of a Slytherin.” He said, “But you, Ms. Longbottom, are in Slytherin and do not possess any quality's of what others seem to think Slytherin's have bestowed upon them.”

Paisley was silent trying to digest what her professor was saying, but after a couple failed attempts, she just nodded, the corners of her lips tugging upwards.

“Well, you best be going. If I understand correctly, you have some tutoring to get started on.” He smiled, “With the noble Mr. Malfoy no less, what a coincidence.”

Paisley couldn't help but notice the sparkle that lit up his eyes behind their half moon spectacles.

“Sir, you didn't-”

“Ms. Longbottom, I am a busy man. Important matters to attend too. Enjoy your learning.” He interrupted, summoning some papers, trying to look like the busy man he said himself to be.

“Yes sir.” Replied Paisley, getting up as gracefully as she could muster in her flustered state. Paisley Longbottom was never one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

The corridors were empty, it was night time now and most students had retired to bed. Harry Potter was walking the corridors again, trying to clear his head. So much pressure on one man was enough to bring him to the edge.

He heard footsteps light padding, he turned to corner and saw the familiar form of Neville's sister.

“Paisley,” He called, desperate for some company that wasn't Ron or Hermione.

“Harry Potter.” She said with a warm smile, he blushed at the sincerity of it, “Fancy meeting you here.”

He laughed, “Taking a walk, clearing my head. You?”

“Called to Dumbledore's office, you must have seen my Gran storming through here. Like a bloody hurricane she was!” Paisley laughed, her Gran did look rather silly with her face all red and blotchy.

“Oh yes. Speaking of which. Dean wanted me to ask you if you fancy Malfoy.” He asked, the same crimson blush flooding his pale cheeks.

“No, I most certainly do not.” It was Paisley's time to blush now, because even as she was saying it, that sentence didn't feel right.

“Well, Dean fancies you, I think he plans to ask you to Hogsmeade this weekend.” Harry laughed as they both continued on their paths. Paisley frowned, Harry noticed this and asked, “You don't like Dean?”

“Well,” Said Paisley, shrugging her shoulders, “He isn't bad to look at, but he's right annoying, that one is. So I guess you'll just have to ask me.”

At her declaration, Harry turned to her, “Ask you to Hogmeade?”

“Why Harry!” She nearly shouted, throwing a dramatic hand to her heart, “I would love to go to Hogsmeade with you!”

He looked stunned, only for a moment before he smiled, “Sure.”

“You better beat it. If my fellow Snakes catch you around these parts, Merlin knows you'll be worse off than I was.” Said Paisley, looking around, not wanting to find herself in a situation where she would be defending herself in a duel for, 'helping Saint Potter'.

“See you, then.” He said, smiling, debating on whether or not he should go in for a hug, but when he decided against it, he left only giving her a small wave.

She smiled and waved back, muttering near the brick wall, 'Salazar'. It opened itself to reveal the Slytherin Common Room. She walked in, having a long day and just wanting to go to bed, but she noticed a silhouette near the fireplace. When Paisley turned around to face her company, she truthfully, wasn't very surprised to see Draco Malfoy, a person who seemed to be in her line of vision everywhere she went.

“So, you and Potter are going on a date to Hogmeade?” He sneered, the familiar glare plastered on his familiar face.

“We are going as friend, if you must know,” She paused, muttering under her breath, “Nosy little bugger.”

“I heard that!” He spat indignantly, “Watch your tongue.”

“Watch my tongue?” She questioned, sending a condescending look over his way, “What are you going to do if I don't?”

He looked at her pointedly.

“Save me from Pansy Parkinson again?” She finished, laughing at his red face.

“That was a one time thing Longbottomette.” He all but yelled, pointing his wand at her throat.

Paisley however, laughed his attempt at redeeming himself off and brushed his wand aside, she leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed as she headed up the stairs to the girls dormitories. She heard a yell as she ascended the steps.

“Next time you try that, your lips turn into slugs!” He threatened, touching his cheek and blushing as he walked back up to his dormitory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update, please check out my new story, Winds of Warm. Check it OOOUUUUUTTTTTT.