Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

Paisley Longbottom had grown up knowing everything wizard and everything muggle, so it was no surprise that she knew the latest muggle fashion.

Walking down the corridor steps wearing a sexy Slytherin Green tank top, a pair of denim jeans with the skinny ankle, and a pair of very tall high heels, which she had charmed to make them easier to walk in. She got many glances, some of envy, some of interest, some of lust, and some of pure loathing . . . but mostly lust and envy.

Draco Malfoy watched from a shadowed corner as people parted to make way for Paisley. He was frustrated, to say the least, with this girl. She seemed to make him always look her way when she walked in a room, she seemed to keep his attention even when she wasn't talking to him. The way her hips mesmerized him when they moved, her lips were perfectly full and the most alluring shade of crimson-

That was it!, He thought, I hate this girl.

Instead of his look of interest at her rather unique outfit, he glared at her. Hoping that the intenseness of his gaze would draw her attention.

She stepped out of the brick wall, and he followed her with a lethal gaze.

Paisley was meeting Harry by his House entrance, they both figured that was safer for both of them, but she heard footsteps behind her, she turned around, fearing that Pansy had come back to finish the job.

“Have you cast a spell on me?” Draco demanded, looking like his had just made an escape from the loony bin. When she didn't answer Draco boomed, “Have you?”

“What are you going on about now ferret face?” She said, rolling her eyes.

Draco shoved her against the wall, wand pressed so hard against her throat, she felt that it was hard to breathe. Normally, she could have pushed him off because she saw that weakness in his eyes that enabled him to harm her. This was different, his eyes were cold, like he was attacking Harry, or Pansy.

“Draco, get off.” She said, her voice wavering.

“What did you do to me?” He shouted, “I can't stop, you're always there. My mind doesn't stop, and I just can't.”

He was talking rubbish. His mind couldn't stop what?

Reducto”He shouted, a blue jet of light from his wand, hitting her in the chest. It threw her back, she sailed through the air and smacked into the cobblestone wall. She slid down it and slumped on the floor.

Draco was in a furry, he didn't have time to feel remorse for what he done because he was already on his way back to his dorm to smash everything he owned.

Harry had been waiting for five minutes when he decided that he would just meet Paisley on her way to meet him.

He was excited for this date, not that it was a date. He knew all they would ever be was friends, girls like her just didn't for guys like him. She was gorgeous and experienced in things Harry hadn't even thought to try, well according to Neville, anyway.

When he rounded the corner he saw her small frame, blond hair spilled around her face. He ran to her side, he lifted her head in his hands and attempted to wake her.

As far as Harry could tell, there was no blood, whoever did this hadn't been intending to really harm her. There was a small lump on her head, nothing a good concussion potion from Madame Pomfrey wouldn't fix.

She stirred in his arm, and turned over. He blushed, now her breast was resting right in his hand. He contemplated letting it rest there, maybe even caressing it.

His blush only increased when her laughter echoed throughout the hallway. He quickley removed his hand from her as she started to take deep breaths and talk,

“Harry,” Sh breathed, clutching her head slightly, “You should have seen your face.”

“I thought you were out.” He said, in a questioning manner. Reaching out his hand for her to take.

“I was, but then I felt you so I decided to start this date off with a bang.” She shrugged, only vaguely aware that her head was pounding.

The pair were in Hogsmeade, drinking Butter Beer in Madame Rosmerta's Pub laughing and talking about what had happened. Harry asked her why she was unconscious, and Paisley had said that someone threw a spell at her and caught her off guard.

To be honest, Paisley wasn't herself after her encounter with Draco. She knew something was wrong with him.

He seemed totally out of his head, oddly enough she had wanted to comfort him, to sooth his emotions but something told her that she was the problem.

Harry noticed that something was off about her too, the way she laughed was wrong. It was filled with worry and trouble.

Neville and Ron said that they saw her talking with Malfoy, and the whole castle had seen her kiss his cheek. Harry was worried about Paisley getting in with the wrong sort, but then again, that was what Malfoy had said to him about Ron.

Harry liked Paisley, but knew that he wouldn't do anything about his feelings, he would settle for Ginny after all he was sure about Ginny's feelings towards him, Paisley on the other hand was more difficult to read.

It was just as Harry paid for another round of drinks that Draco and Bonnie McNaughton walked into the Pub, her hanging over him like a silver fastened cape.

Paisley growled low in her throat and instantly after it happened she pulled her brows together and questioned her behavior.

This is was going to be fun, she could just tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please and thank you. I'm really sorry about the lack of updates but I have a whole wack of family drama that I won't bore you with because I know half of you really don't care! : )