Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

Bonnie laughed at something Draco said, but Paisley noticed by the look on his face that he wasn't trying to be funny.

“Are you sure you alright?” Asked Harry for what seemed like the millionth time.

“Harry, I am fine. I assure you.” Said Paisley, keeping steady eye contact with Draco. He was looking at her with what he knew was an apologetic stare but what she thought was one of anger. How Paisley confused the two was beyond comprehension.

“You fancy him don't you?” Whispered Harry, suddenly finding something very intriguing about his butterbeer foam.

“No Harry, I don't . . . “ She trailed off, sensing something about his tone and gaze, “Harry, you don't . . . fancy me. Do you?”

He was silent, he face flushing slightly at her very abrupt question. She smiled, thinking that he looked cute when he did that.

“Oh Harry.” She giggled, unknowingly catching the attention of Draco, He couldn't hear what they were saying but he knew girls, so he knew body language.

“I think you are so cute, but you don't really like me.” She said, sighing. “I think you like the idea of me, of something different then your used too.”

She smiled, taking his hand with hers, “Ginny fancies you so much, anyone with eyes could see that you both belong together.”

“Ginny -” He protested.

“You'll see.” Paisley, said confident as ever, just one more thing that Harry found endearing about her. She leaned across the table as gave him a sweet kiss on the lips, any onlookers would have thought they were together, unfortunately that onlooker happened to be one, Draco Malfoy. “Now let's get more beer.”

“Butterbeer.” He corrected, blushing at her affection. Suddenly, there was a crash from the back of the Pub, they looked over to the table Draco and Bonnie were sitting at that now only held Bonnie. She was soaked from head to toe in Fire Whiskey.

Draco had stormed out of Rosemerta's after wiping his hand across the table spilling both drinks on his now very sticky date.

Paisley looked shocked, she wondered what had made him so mad. She should have been ready to hex of his goods after what he had done to her in the hallway. Somehow, she felt drawn to him, an immense pull that took over her body.

When Harry politely told her to 'go and get him', she didn't ask questions.

Paisley Longbottom ran out of the pub, running past her brother who she absentminded noticed was snuggling up to a very red Susan Bones.

Paisley crossed a street, not bothering to read the sign, the said, 'Knockturn Alley'.

The streets had gotten considerably darker in the short time she had been on Draco's trail. The street lanterns didn't even turn on, which was weird because she had been to Diagon Alley before in the evenings and they had lit lanterns illuminating the streets.

“Ferret Face?” She called out to the distance. Well, what she assumed was the distance, she was guessing really because she couldn't see a damn thing.

A long pale white hand reached out to grab her forearm, Paisley jolted in surprise and reached for her wand, only to find it missing. She had left it on the table she and Harry had shared. Paisley looked to the culprit.

“Such a pretty girl.” The old man cackled, his face was concave, his mousy grey hair thinning. The most dogy thing about him being his antagonistic smile, “Come with me and I'll show you the way back to your family.”

“No, thank you.” Paisley said firmly, strongly believing that showing fear in these types of situations was the wrong thing to do. She was glad her voice didn't betray her terror.

Another voice came from the darkness, one just as gruff and scratchy.

“I can help you find what your looking for, my pet.” A dry scaly hand caressed her face. Tears started to well up in her eyes, this was all Malfoy's fault.

If he rushed out of the Pub, she wouldn't have had to come rushing out for him.

“I'll thank you to remove your hand.” She said, despite the hot tears escaping her eyes, she managed to keep her voice steady.

More people gathered around the frightened girl, laughing at the terror they were causing her, they were pulling at her hair and touching her body, as she tried as hard as she could to fight them off. She was preforming admirably taking out on or two of the witches and wizards who surrounded her.

Petrificus Totalus.” Paisley nearly collapsed with relief, when a voice boomed over the havoc. All of the terrifying people fell to the floor, frozen in their states and unmoving.

“Longbottomette, what have you gotten yourself into?” Inquired a drawling voice that she would know anywhere.

“You mean,” She said hotly, her temper getting the best of her, “What did you get me into!”

“So, your blaming your complete lack of common sense on me?” He said, helping her up off the floor, he extended his hand but she ignored it and hoped up, pretending to wipe away soot on her face, Draco knew she was wiping away tears.

“If you hadn't thrown a witch fit in Madame Rosemerta's then I wouldn't have had to come and make sure you weren't going to find another drink to pitch onto McNoughton.” She said, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, which to her, it was.

Draco smirked when her hand found his, she was scared, even if she didn't want to admit it. He decided to let it go for now as she continued to list reason's why it was his fault.

“If I recall, it's a free country. You didn't have to come after me.” He reminded her, still wondering if she knew she was clutching his hand. He also wondered if she could feel his heart pumping.

“Well,” She said indignantly, trying to find a counter remark. Draco then suddenly remembered why he was mad, and set a glare on his face. He still didn't have the will to remove his hand.

“I probably should have left you there.” He said, her face turned red. He swore he could almost see the fire in her eyes, the probably wasn't the best thing to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOWOWOWOOWOOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOOOWOWOOWOWOWO!
I love DRACO MALFOY!