Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

Draco Malfoy was in the Hospital Wing overnight with a broken cheek bone and nose, and also some cracked ribs. Paisley was less than impressed when Draco told her that he thought he should have left her for the low lives to get.

She showed him just how unimpressed she was, with her fists.

Everyone was in the great hall eating breakfast. Luna and Paisley were sitting at the Ravenclaw table, Harry was attempting to talk to Ginny and the Gryffindor table, no one really cared what the Huffelpuff's were doing, but many's eyes were focussed on Draco Malfoy.

His face was all healed so no one knew anything had ever touched his face, what was interesting was that he had gotten out of his seat and was walking towards Hallie Stone a rather curvacious seventh year.

Paisley was watching his every move, and he knew it. Draco hadn't chosen a girl in weeks, no one had made the connection that he stopped almost immediately after he met Paisley Longbottom.

He tapped her on the shoulder, and her face turned to meet his stormy eyes and chiseled features.

“Meet me in the Potion's corridor at nine.” He said cooly, walking briskly out of the Great Hall. He risked sneaking a glance at Paisley who was red faced, but cooling off. He was glad he had the same affect on her as she had on him.

Draco was curious as to where she was going, so when he exited the hall, he hid around the doorway, a perfect view of Lonbottomette.

She meandered over to her brother.

Strange, he thought, his eyebrows knitting together, I thought they had a row.

Truth was, was that they did have a row. Actually, they were still in the middle of it but Paisley was sick and tired of not having her brother to lean on.

Neville had made many attempts to apologize to his sister, but she just hadn't seemed interested, so when she plopped down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder, he was flabbergasted.

“Nev, make me feel cheery. I feel as if a dementor has been stalking me, I haven't felt right all morning.” She whined, Draco smiled, obviously her brother and her hadn't made up but this situation was Paisley's extraordinary personality shining through.

How she could just forgive and forget like that was beyond him. Draco Malfoy was known for holding grudges. After all, he was a Malfoy.

The Girl Weasel was sending Paisley some pretty nasty looks, looks that Draco almost felt like addressing. How dare she even look at Paisley.

Draco Malfoy shook his head, such thoughts were unacceptable. Especially when Snape was trained in Legilimency, and Draco hadn't quite mastered the art of Occlumency, so blocking him out wasn't an option.

“Things always get better, Paisley.” Neville said to his sister, smiling like an idiot. “You'll see.”

“Thanks, Nev.” She said, adjusting her body so that she could hug him. Draco appreciated the smooth transition of her torso and neck, the pale of her milky skin. Her eyes, and perfectly sculpted mouth.

“Spying on Longbottomette, are we Drakie?” Cooed a voice Draco thought he wouldn't have to bare ever again.

“Didn't you learn your lesson, Parkinson?” Draco spat at his housemate. He recalled the memory of him preforming the Torture Curse on Pansy because of her violent actions towards Paisley.

“Yes, I did.” She said shortly, “I just came to let you know that her and Potter, fancy each other and are together.”

Draco did a double take, he now seemed to see something between Potter and Lonbottomette. They were all in the same spots but at Pansy's revelation he seemed to be seeing things that weren't there.

Pansy Parkinson smiled, thinking that her brilliant plan would ween Draco off of Longbottomette for now. She flipped her hair and frowned. She scolded herself, Draco had practised an Unforgivable Curse on her and yet she still couldn't get over him. He hurt her over and over again, and she came running back like a fool.

At least, she thought, I'm his fool.

“Nice work Longbottom, Malfoy.” Said Snape, to them about their simmering potion. His praise was interrupted when he saw something wrong with Theodore Nott and Padma Patil's cauldron.

“The text says simmer! Not boil!” He shouted, “I'm stuck teaching a bunch of dunderheads!”

He continued to bellow while Draco and Paisley started to talk.

“Excited for your first shag, since a couple weeks ago.” Smirked Paisley, whispering. If Snape caught them talking he wouldn't be happy. Not even being in Slytherin would help them this time. “You must be in actual pain.”

“Yes, as a matter of fact.” He said, harshly hissing it at her, “I am looking forward to it. Are you?”

“How dare you insinuate that I would want to participate in such an act with you and your-your whore!” Spat Paisley, assuming that he was slyly asking her to join him and his date this evening. Her face was red with anger and Draco's with laughter.

“Don't get your knickers in a twist,” Suddenly, like lightening, his face held a scary expression. “I meant are you going to have fun with Potter?”

“Harry?” She said, her voice raising, “I'll have you know that Harry and I are good friends, nothing more.”

Snape dismissed them from class, and both Malfoy and Paisley continued their conversation in a secluded corridor.

“I saw you snogging at in Hogsmeade, don't play me for a dunce.” He said, his lips curving in to reveal a snarl.

“I don't really have to play you for one, your doing a bang up job on your own.” She spat, insulted that he could jump to such conclusion.

“You not shagging Potter?” He asked, now more confused than ever.

“No.” She said confidently.

“Prove it!” Draco demanded, his old cocky air and inflated ego popping back into place. Paisley mumbled an indignant, 'fine' before she leaned in his lips inches away.