Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 19

Chapter Nineteen

Paisley leaned in full well planning to kiss him, only to prove a point. She felt hands roughly shoving her away.

“What are you doing Malfoy.” Asked Paisley, pulling her lips out of her kissing face and into a scowl.

“I think the proper question here is what are you doing?” He said, anger was practically oozing out of his every pore as he shoved Paisley so hard she nearly fell on the ground.

“I was trying to prove a point.” She said nonchalantly, as though she hadn't just been attempting to lip lock with her enemy.

“Yeah, well I don't want you and you blood traitor germs anywhere near me!” He shouted, instantly regretting the words as they slipped out. Watching her face fall as the feeling of being rejected washed over her.

He felt stupid, he wanted to hurt this girl, make her cry and scream. He also wanted to help her and save her from the side of him that knew he feelings were wrong.

“You, Draco Malfoy, are the biggest pratt, ever! I have met Severus Snape, so that's saying something.” She shouted, turning on her heel and whipping around to go back to the dorms.

“Oh, by the way,” She said, looking over her shoulder at him, “I'll see you at the bloody library at eight, looks like you'll be missing your shag with Stone.”

He moaned, he was smart enough to know that he had to stay away from this girl, as much as he possibly could, and being her tutor wasn't the easiest way to do that.

Draco walked behind Paisley, they did after all, share the same Common Room. Paisley whipped her head around so fast that he was afraid that she might have gotten whip lash.

“No!” She shouted, “You stand there until I'm gone, I don't care if we're going the same way!”

He simply smirked at her, of he did anything else he might have even apologized.

She huffed away red faced, Draco didn't move until she was gone.

“So, the Great War, started because the Elves and the Pixies didn't like the same color?” Asked Paisley, incredulously, dropping the book on the table.

“Yes,” Replied Draco in a rather bored tone, “But of course they found real reasons to actually engage in combat.”

“Like the supply of Pixie dust for wizard wands.” She said, not asking but rather commenting.

“Also, because Pixie's knew Elves were gifted in the art of craftsman ship, when they started to make weapons, the Pixie's feared for their safety.” He finished, watching Paisley take notes. He felt the need to restrain himself from pushing some hair out of her face as she scribbled furiously at the parchment.

He took in her whole appearance.

Blonde hair, hung loosely around her face, falling out of a bun. Her cheek bones were high and attractive, they drew attention to her lovely teeth. Her blue eyed seemed to refract light and make them shimmer.

She was wearing simply her school robes, the white dress shirt and the plaid and pleated skirt. The green and silver necktie was draped casually over her shoulder.

Without moving her head, Paisley shifted her eyes to they were focused on Draco. He was starring at her, too.

“What are you looking at, Ferret Face?” She sneered, lifted up her head now that she had caught him in the act.

“You've got a rather large spider on you arm.” He said casually. Smirking as she jumped high out of her seat, her hair fell out of it's restraint and flew everywhere as she jumped around. Her skirt hiked up quite a bit, and her eyes were shut tight.

“Stomp on it! Stomp on it!” She chanted, flying across the room, as far away from the arachnid as possible.

Wingardium Leviosa.” He said, pointing his wand at the spider and directed over to the window. He looked over to where Paisley was climbing up a bookshelf. She had stopped, though, to look at him through confused eyes.

“What?” He spat at her, his tone startled her and she fell from her precariously stance on the bookshelf.

“I guess I'm just surprised that you didn't use the enlarging spell or something.” She said, picking herself up off the floor and walking towards him, she stopped when he backed up, not wanting to be any closer than they had too.

Draco knew that Paisley had put some sort of spell on him, otherwise he wouldn't have had this overwhelming feeling to touch her. Draco had backed away from her for fear that his self control would be lost.

Draco didn't know if Paisley felt the tension in the room, but he sure could. It was getting hard to breathe, so Draco did what he did best. He made a smart ass comment,

“Glad to see your brother and yourself share that same inability to stand upright, I was beginning to think that you were a bastard.” He sneered, attaining his air of superiority. He sat on his chair, posture immaculate, as always.

“I'm glad to see that I haven't hexed out your tongue and buried you alive, going to Azkaban really isn't on my top list of priorities.” She said rolling her eyes. “Now, can we please continue with the learning?”

“I really don't think that there is any point, if you and your brother are in fact related, then there's no chance your brain can retain any information, Longbottom and his fat ass sure can't.” He said, Paisley growled, startling Draco. He took a step back, knowing first hand how violent Paisley could be.

Paisley wound up her fist, ready to strike at his face, when she found herself pressed to the floor. It was cold and rough, she was wearing a white tank top and her school skirt, her robes, were hanging on the back of her chair.

Draco had tackled Paisley to the floor before she could knock out his two front teeth.

“Look who has the upper hand now, Longbottomette.” He said, an evil smirk plastered on his face.

Paisley didn't know what came over her in that moment, whether it was the heat between their bodies, the feeling of his knees on either side of her waist, or his hand squeezing her hips, that made her lift her head, and ravish his lips with hers.