Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 2

Chapter Two

Paisley had gone bonkers! Neville was convinced his sister was gone beyond all comprehension. Then again, so was their Gran. Both were so excited to meet Harry Potter, Gran, because she had an unhealthy crush on Harry. Paisley was excited because he was her ticket out of their house, and more importantly, out of Gran's back pocket.

“Neville, you have to make sure Harry says Gran looks like a picture.” Paisley said, briefing her brother on what he would later coach Harry on. “Oh, and make sure he says that her new hat is splendid.”

Neville contemplated telling his sister to calm down, but living with Paisley for sixteen years taught him, if nothing, not to cross his sister when she was like this.

“Neville, don't you have a nicer sweater?” Paisley said, throwing a pleading look her brother's way. She looked him up and down, before commenting on his pants and mismatched socks.

“This sweater happens to be new.” Said Neville his voice rising slightly at the insult. “I really don't think Harry will be looking at my feet either . . .”

A growl from Paisley's throat was enough to send Neville rocketing over to their shared dresser, muttering about how Paisley could even tell the difference between navy blue and black.

“Thank you.” Smiled Paisley, a falsely innocent smile lighting up her vibrant features. She turned out of the room, when she made contact with something large and fluffy. She fought the urge to scream as she crashed to the floor. The mysterious fluffy fabric coming down on top of her.

Neville rushed out of his room, one sock half on and one sticking to the top of his head in his haste to see what had made the racket. He was met with the sight of his Gran, clad in a massive pink furry jacket, adorned with six or seven jewel incrusted broaches, and her new hat with a vulture leering off the top, strewn over Paisley who looked, like she had been attacked by a large mass of cotton candy.

“Gran!” She shrieked, “What on Earth are you wearing! You look like something you might buy at a carnival concession stand!”

The door bell rang.

Paisley's face drained of colour.

Gran's face flooded with a red blush.

Neville's smile increased in size.

“It's too late now. Harry's here.” Said Neville, holding in barking laughter that was threatening to escape the confines of his mouth.

“Thank you, Neville.” Said Paisley, sarcasm lacing her words and rolling her light green eyes. She pushed herself up of the floor and walked over to her brother. She smiled as she pulled the sock of the top of his head and put it in his hand.

“Let's go get me my freedom.” Smiled Paisley, grabbing her brothers hand and pulling him towards the door, where Gran was already smiling at Harry and pulling his coat off his shoulders.

“Gran, let's not ravish the boy.” Exclaimed Paisley, who was wrestling with Gran, trying to pry her hands off of Harry Potter.

“Harry, good to see you.” Smiled Neville, “How's your summer been?”

“Good,” Said Harry, clapping Neville on the back. Harry's voice was deep and rough, like he was hiding something or that he had just been doing something that required hard thinking. “I've been staying in Sirius's old place.”

As soon as the words left Harry's mouth, the room got quiet. Neville's experience last year in the department mysteries had not gone without it's repercussions, Harry's uncle had passed and was a sore subject for him according to Neville.

“Let's have dinner shall we?” Said Gran, not noting the massive elephant in the room. “Neville come help me with the table setting.”

“Gran, I'll do that!” Said Paisley quickly. Neville was supposed to be briefing Harry on what to tell Gran about permitting Paisley to attend Hogwarts, not setting the table.

“No, you and Harry should talk, you both seem so compatible.” Gran winked subtly at Paisley, signalling that their Gran figured of she couldn't have Harry, her great great grand kids could have his blood running through their veins.

Am attractive blush flooded Harry's face and Paisley noted how attractive he really was. Attractive, but not really her type. Paisley always tended to go after the bad boy types. There was Damien a couple months ago who used to ruthlessly tease Neville, when Paisley found out about that she dumped him. There was Adam, the muggle who introduced her to muggle drugs, once Gran found out about that one she was deprived of a life.

Then there was Shay, when Paisley was 12, Shay was 16, he forced himself on her and took her virtue. He was also a muggle and when Gran found out about that one he was never seen again. Paisley and Neville each bet 14 Galleons that he was kept prisoner in the basement.

Neville and Gran retreated to the kitchen. Harry and Paisley were alone and she took her opportunity to pounce.

“Harry, let's get down to business.” She said, putting her game face on, motioning to a chair and and then sitting down herself. “I hope Neville has informed you why you were here today.”

Harry held back an awkward smile.

“Yes, I will do my best to convince Mrs. Longbottom.” Said Harry, being as polite has Neville told Paisley he was.

“Thanks, but just being polite, isn't going to work.” informed Paisley, shaking her head. Harry cocked and eyebrow and Paisley smiled with a hint of mischief. Harry took a step back.

“What . . ?”

“Your going to need to flirt with my Gran.” Said Paisley, staring Harry in the eye.

Neville had informed Harry many times of his sister, he had shared her stories with him and Harry had taken one vital piece of information from all of these adventures. Paisley was one not to be trifled with. So Harry complied.

“Harry-bloody-Potter!” Screamed Paisley, “I love you!”

Paisley ran to Harry and jumped in his arms, Harry blushed profusely but hugged back. Neville went a little red, but figured if he wanted anyone hugging his sister, it would be Harry.

“I guess I'll see you in a couple of days. You can sit with us on the train.” Said Harry, mounting his broom and kicking off from the ground. He sped off leaving Paisley with the biggest smile she has ever had gracing her face. Neville returned it.

“I'm going to Hogwarts!” She smiled, skipping over to Neville and twirling him around.

“We're going to Hogwarts!” He said, trying desperately not to trip over his own two feet as his sister swung him around on the spot.

“I can't wait to meet Dean, Seamus, Hermione, Ron, Susan, the Patill twins . . .” Paisley went on, both her and her brother relishing in excitement, not knowing what was in store for them, what was looming in the ominous, unsure future.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHAHAHAHAH! I love this story. SO much, I want to do VERY inappropriate things to Tom Felton. Thank you for all of your comments.
I love you, you can join me in the closet with Tom Felton . . . ; )