Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty

Wandering aimlessly around Hogwarts and feeling incredibly stupid was Paisley's new favourite thing to do. It was the weekend and many student were walking the grounds as well.

Paisley seemed to think that somehow everyone knew what she had done and was staring at her relentlessly. When in reality, only some glanced at her, boy's either checking out her body, or girls wondering where she got her outfit.

She was wearing another muggle get-up, only attracting more unwanted attention as she sat down, her feet dipping in the black lake.

Paisley tried to fight the thoughts that started to settle into her brain, but found it useless and let the memories of last night flow freely.

Paisley had almost instantly regretted pulling their lips together, but had almost instantly felt some sort of charge at the intimate contact.

She was surprised when Draco kissed her back just as ferociously.

Hands started roaming, pulling hair, and grabbing skin. The heat between their bodies intensifying with every passing touch.

When Paisley pressed her pelvic bone hard into his, he groaned. It was as if breaking the silent tension snapped her out of it, because she was suddenly too aware of everything going on around her.

She pushed him off of her, looking around, making sure that no one had seen the two going at it. Draco simply smirked and rolled off of her, standing up and brushing off his dress shirt.

“It's been a pleasure, truly.” He drawled, not bothering to extend a hand to help her up as he picked up his books and strode elegantly out of the room.

“What about studying?” Paisley asked in a small voice, she knew Draco could hear her and was well on his way to the Slytherin Common Room, which unfortunately, she had to share with him.

Paisley did the same as Draco, gathering her books and quills and walking out the door, mind you she did it not nearly as gracefully or as elegantly as Draco had. Her eyebrows were pulled together, in questioning as many thoughts overwhelmed her head.

Why had she done that? Why hadn't he pushed her off or back away like the last time? Why was it that she felt so guilty?

Well, She thought rationally, I did it because he is very attractive, no matter how hard I try to deny it.

He hadn't pushed me off of him because he's a boy, and a boy with a history of using girls.

He didn't back away like last time because, well, I don't know this one.

I felt guilty because I enjoyed it.


Draco Malfoy had just hexed a first year, turning him temporarily, into a lamp post. He needed to get some steam out of his system, he felt so out of control.

Even though he had made himself seem haughty and prideful after he and Paisley had snogged, in truth he felt like there was a weight pressing down on him.

Why had he done that? Why didn't he push her away? Why did she push him away?

Well, he thought, I did it because her lips were already ravishing mine, I figured I might as well get some action, I was missing my nine O'clock 'Appointment'.

I didn't push away this time because I regretted it when I pushed her away last time.

Paisley didn't push me away because she can't deny my unbelievable good looks and sparkling charm.


As he continued his walk to this dorm, he let his anger with Paisley bubble dangerously in his stomach, he tried to convince himself that she was nothing but some hag. How could a hag make him feel like he did every time they were together?

“Hello there, Paisley!” She heard a voice call. She turned around facing the direction of the voice.

“Oh, hello there Dean.” She groaned inwardly, he wasn't exactly what she would call discreet with his feelings.

“Your out mighty late.” He pointed out, looking at her sleep attire.

“Tutoring, I have a note from Flitwick,” She defended thinking he was a Prefect.

“Oh,” She said, blushing at the snappy tone she was using. “Just wondering.”

“Goodnight, Dean.” She sighed at his lovestruck state, she didn't even know why guys took a liking to her, she was plain, with her blonde hair and blue eyes. Sure, her body was in great condition from Quidditch, but that was all she could think of.

“Sweet dreams, Paisley.” He reached out to touch some part of her, any part. Dean was absolutely smitten with this girl.

Paisley cringed as he went to put his hand on her forearm, but was saved when a voice from the same way that Dean had come from interrupted as his hand slid through the air.

“Didn't Neville tell you to stay away from his sister?”

“Right.” Said Dean, looking ashamed, “See you later, Harry.”

He left and Paisley let out a breath she hadn't known she had been holding in.

“He is creepy.” She said finally.

“Ah, he's harmless.” Smiled Harry, standing rather awkwardly in front of her. After a while of silence he said, “I just wanted to thank you.”

“For what?” She asked genuinely interested in what he was thanking her for.

“Getting me to finally see Ginny.”

“Your welcome Harry.” She smiled, one of the biggest, most heart felt smiles she had ever emitted while attending school here.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is dedicated to Blue Moon who posted a comment on my wall-like thingy, telling me to get my ass moving on this story.

Sorry guys, I guess I was focusing on 'Tangles of my Heart'

COMMENT AND RATE . . . maybe I will update if I get tons of comments????? Just saying . . .