Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty Two

'Twisted friendship,' was one way of classifying Paisley and Draco's odd relationship. She often found herself thinking about him and not wanting to vomit, as she usually did. Draco found himself thinking of her and no longer angry that she seemed to pop into his thoughts unannounced, in fact he was kind of accustomed to seeing her face.

Paisley kept thinking about the bet she and Draco had made three days prior. Living with Neville meant that she never really had to compete for anything, Neville was a push over and let everyone walk all over him. In other words, Paisley was used to getting everything her way. This bet with Draco was not a different matter.

“What ya doing, Homie?” Asked Emily, sometimes Paisley didn't understand where Americans picked up such language.

“I'm thinking.” Said Paisley, her eyes turning to her friends.

“'Bout what?” Asked Emily sitting on the couch beside her.

“Why the sky's blue, why the grass is green and why the earth turns one way but not the other. Deep thoughts of intrigue.” She smiled, leaning her head back.

“Alright, I'll bite. What's wrong?”

“Things feel weird all of a sudden, I don't know how to explain it, but something bad is going to happen.” She said, her eyes closed looking as if she was sleeping and witnessing a dream.

“Okay.” Said Emily, looking at the strange girl before her. “ I think that's my cue to move it or lose it.”

Emily may have left but the dark feeling in the pit of Paisley's stomach stayed, eating away at her conscience. In order too escape the nagging feeling she concentrated more on the how she was going to prove Ferret Face wrong.

Paisley strolled leisurely into the Common Room, strutting around with the usual air of fiery passion surrounding her.

She opened the brick wall and stepped out her heels clacking pleasantly on the stone floors.

A couple meters down the hallway Draco heard the unmistakable clicking of high heeled shoes, and he couldn't help but smirk. He knew the only girl that wore those death traps was Longbottomette.

“Hey, Ferret Face.” She called out upon seeing his face.

“Longbottomette,” He sneered in acknowledgement. “Out for a stroll are we, I wouldn't wander in the Dungeons alone at this time of afternoon.”

“Is someone worried about me?” She asked, raising an eyebrow and letting a hint of a smirk flit across her face.

“No, worried about having to clean up the mess my Slytherin's leave behind after their done with you.” He jeered, stepping closer to her.

Your Slytherin's?” She questioned, “I'm a Slytherin and I am most definitely NOT yours.”

“Well according to one of your roomates, I'm in quite a bit of your dreams. So, I'm thinking that you wish you were mine.” He smirked, reaching one hand to her face and cupping it gently.

While she gently stomped on his foot.

He bellowed in outrage and shoved her to the floor. She clutched her elbow in pain, but none the less, she smiled.

“Your going to loose the bet, so I will leave you with these last words, Ferret Face. Let the games begin.” She smirked and got up off the floor, walking away as graceful as she could, her signature heels clicking as she made her way to the great hall.

She was going to sit with the Gryfinor's tonight.

Dean couldn't stop shifting in his seat as Paisley rubbed up against him. Neville had his head in the crook of Luna's neck, upset and grossed out by his sisters actions.

She smiled as she placed a small kiss on Dean's neck and he shivered, when he moved to hold her hand she shifted away slightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am GOOD! Look at all these updates!!!