Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 30

Chapter Thirty

“Ms. Longbottom, how lovely to see you.” Sneered Draco's father, Paisley felt an immediate jolt of anger course through her just at the fact that he looked so much like his son.

Paisley wanted so much to spit out an insult at the man who had captured her and held her against her will but for the first time in her life she was speechless and didn't have a witty remark.

“At a loss for words?” He smirked, only succeeding in looking more like his son. “I can fix that. Wormtail, bind her.”

“Bind me?” She yelled, yanking away from Wormtail as he pulled both her arms behind her back and dragged her out of the cell, yanking her and Luna's hands away from one another.

“Luna?!?” She shouted, her calm and collected facade was fading fast.

Luna was silent, even as Paisley screamed, being dragged by her hair up the stairs. Luna let the tears fall down her face, knowing that many people who went up there, never came back back down.

Draco paced in his room. He had Pansy laying on his bed, her silver and green bra, not as enticing as Paisley when she was wearing her red lace number.

He had told himself over and over again to forget about her, that she wasn't worth his time. She never had been and never would be.

But despite his best efforts to convince himself of her unworthiness, he was lost in the golden spawns of her hair, he vast blue of her eyes, the soft curve of her hips. Everything about her was intoxicating.

It was that moment when he decided that he had to do something, even though she would never talk to him again, he knew he had to do something to help her.

So he promptly threw Pansy out of his room and got dressed in something that his father would approve of. Then he made is way to the Flew Room and brushed away his nerves as he yelled into the thick green smoke,

“Malfoy Manor!”

“Oh! Darling, my darling boy!” Cooed Narcissa, scooping Draco up in a hug. Draco stood still and let his mother baby him.

“Mother, where is father?” He asked, sparing no small talk or chit chat.

“In a meeting.” She said hurriedly, “Come to the kitchen, I'll have Pixie fix you a snack.”

Draco heard the nervous edge in his mother's voice, once a pure melodic sound laced with anxiousness.

“Mother, it's imperative that I speak with father this instant.” He said, turning on his mother and looking her straight in the eye.

Before she could answer a scream rang through the house, a terrified scream. Dispite his mothers attempt to cover up the sound by pretending to drop a frying pan on the ground, Draco took off running towards the sound he recognized as Paisley screams.