Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 33

Chapter Thirty Three

“ . . . and then I apparated out there.” Paisley finished, watching as the three professors regarded her words carefully. McGonagall, Snape, and Dumbledore.

“Thank you Ms. Longbottom, for your help.” Said the Headmaster thoughtfully, as the door swiveled open revealing the moving staircase.

“Actually, sir?” She asked, not moving from her spot on the couch.

“Yes?”

“I was hoping if you could tell me where Luna Lovegood is. She told me she was imprisoned because her father was writing pieces in the Quibbler that pissed a lot of Death Eaters off.” Paisley rambled, feeling self conscious with the three pairs of eyes on her.

“She is the the Hospital Wing. She received some . . . unfortunate injuries, in the evacuation.” Snape said, his usual smarmy tone present in his voice.

Paisley jumped right up out of her seat and ran down the stairs, calling out her thanks to the professors as she made her way down the corridor in the direction of the Hospital Wing.

“Where's the fire?” Paisley heard someone yell as she ran by them.

She was about to reem them out because she was in no mood for some wise cracking little prat today, but her sneer disappeared when she saw the familiar black hair, emerald green eyes and little lightening bolt shaped scar on his forehead.

“Hey Harry!” She yelled, running at him and throwing her arms around him.

“Paisley, you have no idea how glad I am to see you!” He replied, lifting her feet off the ground. “I was going to rush to help when I found out that the attack was so they could get to you but Dumbledore refused to let me help.”

“Why? He didn't refuse to let Draco help.” She said, frowning.

“Malfoy?” He questioned, “Snape said that one student had already left the grounds, I didn't know it was him.”

“Yeah, he showed up all, 'I'm a gentlemen, here to save you, the helpless female.'” She mocked, “It was nauseating.”

“You know, he seems really, I can't quite put my finger on it, but different. Not-Malfoy.” Harry said, struggling for the right words. “I mean, when people realized you were missing he mopped around, didn't pick any fights and even complimented Hermione on her Draught of Living Death potion.”

“Your right, that is really, not-Malfoy.” She said, so many thoughts running through her head. “But, let's not think about that right now, I need to go see Luna.”

“Luna? Where is she?” He asked, walking down the corridor with me.

“She was with me, a prisoner of the Death Eaters. She got hurt.” I explained, quickley. Harry stopped suddenly, I stopped in front of him.

“Paisley?”

“Harry?”

“I'm really glad your alright.” He smiled, and she jumped in his arms once again, they pulled away and he looked at the beautiful girl in his arms.

The girl he would have moved mountains to go save, the girl who seemed so fragile and so lost as she stared back into his eyes.

They're lips inched closer together and their breaths mingled in the air in front of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out, 'Lost in Tranquility', just posted another chappy!