Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“Neville.” She screamed, overwrought with excitement. “Let's go! We can't be late.”

“I told you to go back to bed.” Neville said, groggily sitting up. He had already been woken up by his sister three times. Once at 5:15 a.m, then again and 6:00 a.m and then at 6:30 a.m. They didn't even have to leave the house until 10:45 a.m.

“I did, although I didn't really sleep I just kind of laid there,” Said Paisley, not bothering too breathe while she was talking, “Now it's ten, and I want you to get up so I'm not the only one whose excited. Gran keeps mumbling about how I'm not ready. I am too bloody ready! Merlin!”

“Okay, I'm getting up. I'm not dealing with Gran.” He said, sounding slightly scared.

Paisley smiled and pulled Neville's covers off of him and helped him to his feet, “Go brush your teeth and bring your bags downstairs.”

Neville grumbled, his sister was being bossy again.

Paisley was just excited, she was going to be socializing with all of Neville's friends and hopefully she would make some of her own too.

She had packed her bags the night before, packing and repacking just to pass time. She couldn't sleep to save Merlin and she couldn't stay still either.

Gran made a big breakfast and Neville made a big plate for himself. Paisley on the other hand, feared emptying the contents of her stomach in the sink because she was so nervous. She grabbed and banana.

Soon after breakfast, after much pacing, and after endless nagging on Paisley's part, they were finally ready to apparate. Their Gran took hold of Neville and Paisley's arms with cold clammy hands. When Augusta waved her wand, Paisley closed her eyes and felt the familiar feeling of her naval being pulled with a string from behind her.

With a thump Paisley found that her feet had touched the ground, she cracked open one eye, felt she was safe and opened her eyes fully. She gazed at all of the people bustling through the strain station. Her smile was wider than it had ever been as Neville grabbed her hand and continued walking through the Kings Cross.

They stopped at a post between platform nine and ten. Neville told her that he would see her on the other side and watched closely as Neville disappeared through the seemingly sturdy brick wall.

Paisley grabbed her trolley and made sure that Trevor was tucked safely away in her pocket and ran at the wall, calling out over her shoulder to her protesting Gran.

“Cheers, Gran! See you over the Holidays.”

As Paisley broke through the wall she was so mesmerized by so much magic concentrated in one area that she didn't realize that Neville had stopped to wait for her and she crashed her trolley right into the side of his.

“Sorry, Nev.” She smiled, not really all that sorry. She was too excited to be truly apologetic.

“So, I am meeting Luna and Ginny, Harry, Ron and Hermione in our usual compartment, do you want to come?” He asked, lifting his trunk and Hermes' cage into the under carriage of the train.

“Yes, I would love to meet them, be sure to point out Susan when she comes round.” Said Paisley, giving her brother a sly smirk. He blushed crimson and stepped on to the train.

She was looking around at all the students and she hadn't noticed that her brother got so far in front of her. She pushed past the other student's trying to maneuver her way around them. She spotted Neville talking to someone in front of him. Paisley couldn't see who he was talking to because the hallway was so narrow.

She finally made her way over to Neville, he was talking to a light haired boy with very handsome and chiseled features. She ignored the boy and smiled at Neville.

“This place is great!” She smiled brightly, but failed to notice the blond boy stiffen at her beautiful smile. Paisley threw her arm over her brothers shoulder.

The boy glared at the pair and then composed himself, smirking.

“Longbottom, got your self a girlfriend?” He sneered, disdainfully.

It was now that Paisley noticed her brothers angry face, tinted red. Then she took in the sharp jaw line, the grey eyes, the pale hair slicked back, most of all she noticed the arrogance that this boy carted around.

This was Draco Malfoy.

“No,” Said Paisley, slightly disgusted at the insinuation, “I'm Paisley Longbottom, his sister.”

He looked even more disgusted, “Your parent's had the audacity to procreate twice? Disgusting.”

Neville looked nervously towards his sister, she was never one to let herself be walked over. She looked livid.

“Mr. Malfoy-” Paisley Started.

“You've heard of me.” He interrupted, smirking.

“Yes, precisely about how much of a pratt you are.” She said trying to keep calm. Cracking her knuckles.

“Feisty, didn't know a Longbottom could do anything other than cower in fear. Your brother from me, and your parent's from my Aunt Bella.” He smirked, not knowing that Paisley didn't have the same amount of self restraint that her brother did.

So, he definitely wasn't expecting to feel Paisley small fist connect with his cheek bone, making a sickening crunch as it did. He shrieked, grabbing at his face, now bruised and bloody.

Draco whipped out his wand, muttering something unintelligible to Paisley, then water shot out of his wand and drenching Paisley from head to toe.

By now people had gathered around trying to see who was taking on Draco Malfoy.

Despite his broken face, Draco still took the time to look Paisley over, she was wearing a white shirt and the water had made the flimsy fabric see through. He smirked and wasn't hiding the fact he was staring at her chest.

Paisley lunged at him, kicking, punching, and scratching any part of him she could. Two people pulled her off of him and held her back.

“Your mad!” He shouted at her, grabbing onto two bigger boys that seemed to be acting as his body guards.

“Yes.” She said, smiling, “I'm also Paisley Longbottom, and if you ever insult my family again, I will make sure I do irreparable damage to your pretty little face.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed the latest installment, if any of you have any good DM stories, let me know. : D