Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 5

Chapter Five

“That was brilliant!” Said a ginger haired boy whose ears had turned bright red, Paisley found that quite extraordinary.

“Thank you?” Paisley said, not knowing who this strange boy was. She looked around for Neville and when she found him she looked at him, tears in her eyes. The brother and sister embraced.

“How could that foul little boy be so cruel?” She whispered, wiping her tears and lifting her head off of her brothers shoulder.

“That was a Malfoy, there born and bred to be gits.” Said the red headed boy, now there was a red headed girl that joined them, she saw the resemblance between the two.

“So, who are you?” Asked the fiery haired girl.

“I'm Paisley Longbottom.” She said, figuring that Neville had told them about her. They all looked at her puzzled and then the ginger boy clapped Neville's shoulder.

“Good on you mate! I had no idea you had a bird, then you go and get married!” He smiled, then looked Paisley up and down, “She a bloody good one, too.”

The girl with frizzy hair glared at the boy, and then at Paisley. Paisley had no problem glaring back.

“No, I'm his sister.” She said, “Hasn't Neville told you all about me?”

She looked to her brother with a questioning gaze. They all shook there heads. Paisley was upset, but was going to show it, she didn't want to seem like too much of a nutter on her first day.

She forced a smile, “So which one of you is Ginny?”

The red headed girl stepped forward, Paisley hugged her tightly.

“Neville has told me all about you, we should be great friends, “ She paused a moment, “If our tempers don't clash, that is.”

“Sure,” Said Ginny, sounding confused, she turned away and clasped onto a hand that belonged to a dark skinned boy.

“Which one of you is Luna?” Asked Paisley excited to meet this girl. She sound wonderfully ignorant.

A girl wearing a lime green sweater with matching pants and holding the latest issue of the 'Quibbler' upside down, raised her hand, smiling. She opened her arms and Paisley jumped on her.

After more introductions and ignoring of Neville she had found out many things about Neville's friends.

Hermione didn't take well to girls who Ronald started to fancy.

Harry was not talkative unless you were Ron, or Hermione. Luna was the perfect friend, she listened and gave you advice that you really needed to think about, because as weird an unorthodox as it sounded, she always had a point.

Ginny found Paisley quite weird and preferred not to talk to her directly. Her boyfriend, Dean hung off of everything she did, Ron didn't like that and right now, Ginny and Ron were in a very heated debate about what was Ron's concern and what wasn't.

Paisley found this opportunity to slip away, grabbing her robes and heading to the bathrooms. She was walking down the hall, looking at the empty space on her robes where her house symbol would be placed after she was sorted into her house.

She was imagining the different house crests when she tripped on the edge of her robes and fell to the ground in front of a emerald green pair of very high pumps. She looked up trying to identify the owner of the shoes and stubby legs.

There was a girl in her robes, with a face faintly resembling a pug, and sporting a very 80's bob style hair cut. She was clinging to a boy with a hand sized bruise on his left cheek. The girl was fussing over him, but he was glaring down at Paisley.

He was about to say something to her, but the girl that was draped over him like a necklace said something before he could get to it.

“Don't get up,” She said, sneering, “Filth belongs on the floor.”

Paisley ignored the comment and started to get up, but the pug girl stepped on her hand preventing her from moving any further.

“So you the one who hurt my Drakie.” She stated, hate dripping off her every word.

“Yes.” Paisley said through gritted teeth, the pain in her hand was increasing at an alarming rate.

“Well, we need to teach Longbottom filth that they can't walk around here touching Slytherin's.” She said, in a condescending tone. Paisley gritted her teeth.

Draco Malfoy looked at the girl on the floor, he had to admit she was very attractive. This Longbottom definitely got the good looking end of the stick. Her face was contorted in pain and Pansy was talking about hurting him, she was acting possessive with him.

He would be sure to have a talk with her tomorrow about their relationship being purely physical.

“Pansy,” Draco drawled, sounding bored, “That's enough.”

Paisley laughed, hitting Pansy's leg with her knuckles as hard as she could, Pansy doubled over releasing Paisley's hand.

Paisley got up, pushed Pansy over and stepped on her hand, “Looks like I need to teach Slytherin filth that they can't walk around here touching a Longbottom.”

Pansy struggled to get up, “You'll pay for this, Longbottom. Right, Drakie?”

“Your Drakie doesn't give a flying rats arse about you, even I can tell. Look at him, you really think he's not juggling other girls? Believe me, I know guys like him.” She said, recalling her previous relationships. Paisley was never very good with those.

“You don't know anything, you filthy Longbottom.” He spit out her name like it was poison, “You better watch your back around here.”

“And you, better watch yours. Although, I doubt you can even turn your head seeing as your ego is so damn huge.” She said, hoping that he heard that as Pansy limped off trying to grab on to Draco's arm for support, he brushed her off, storming into a compartment.

After he went in, three younger grades flew out, not wanting to face the wrath of a Malfoy. Pansy attempted to join him but he slammed the door before she could get her leg in.

This was going to be an interesting year.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like 3 comments before I pot another chapter please. I hope that isn't to much to ask but I'm having a hard time writing two stories at once because I find that the stories kind of bleed into each other, so I just need some encouragement to keep writing, my readers and subscribers are my support.
Thanks, guys!