Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 7

Chapter Seven

Draco watched the blond walk into the Great Hall, more like stomp in because she through open the door and then stood there like a bloody log.

The Headmaster dried her clothes and hair, she was the ultimate lady when informing the whole student body that she was getting a rash from the wet clothes.

After everyone twattered on about Paisley being a Longbottom Dumbledore sat her on the stool and place that Sorting Hat on her head.

Draco turned his attention away from the sorting because he knew she would be in with the Gryfs. Pansy was going about a new shade of lip tint she had gotten for the summer and that it cost more than the grand piano in her front library.

He was shaken out of his reverie when they hat called out Slytherin. Draco's eyes went wide but he kept composed and looked away from the girl. Joining Zambini's conversation about the latest broom in the Firebolt collection.

Nobody cheered or clapped for Paisley as she made her way over to the table with the green and silver undertones. They might have slapped if it hadn't been announced that she was a Longbottom. She couldn't even lock eyes with Neville, she thought he was ashamed over her.

Pansy Parkinson had the kindness to shout out 'filth' as she sat down at the end of the table, everyone else scooted away from her. She felt her heart sink as everyone continued eating and the crest that had emblazoned itself on the front of her robes was green with a silver 'S', the worst part was the snake coiling itself our the shield.

The Sorting Hat had told Paisley that she would look good in green, she had whole heartedly disagreed and said she looked better in red.

“Bloody hell.” She said, pushing her plate away, suddenly not feeling hungry.

Later that night Paisley was sitting in the common room, watching the fire slowly die down as the House Elves tended too it. I pulled Trevor out of my sweater pocket,

“Trevor, this wasn't supposed to happen.” She said quietly, not wanting to attract the attention of the House Elves.

“This was supposed to be my year, Neville and I were supposed to be a team, now he doesn't want me part of his group of friends, I'm in Slytherin and everyone hates me.” She said, drooping over to the side, Trevor hopped out of her hands and settled in front of the fire, his warty back turned to her.

“Now you don't even want to talk to me!” She sighed, burying her face in a cushion.

“Talking to yourself?” Said a voice from behind her, Paisley sat up straight and twisted her neck, a girl an acne problem was smiling at her.

“Let's just cut to the chase, are you going to hurt me?” Asked Paisley, standing up ready to hold her own.

“No, silly!” She said, smiling still, “I no how you feel, I don't think I belong here either, but I've been here for six years, so . . .”

“You have an accent.” Said Paisley, “And your nice, two thing I didn't expect.”

“I'm from America, and I have absolutely know idea why that stupid piece of rubbish they call a hat, put me in this hell hole!” She grumbled.

“I think I see why your in Slytherin . . .” Said Paisley smiling, sitting back down on the couch, the new girl joining her.

“I'm Emily by the way, and as for hurting you, watch your back because Pansy and her slut bandits are planning and initiation. Trust me Slytherin initiations hurt.” She said, rubbing her neck.

“Thanks for that,” Paisley smiled, happy to have made a friend.

“Anyway, my acne treatment is probably dry now, I'm going to bed, see you on the flip.” Said Emily walking back up the stairs. Paisley wondered what on Earth 'the flip' meant.

“Awww, how cute.” Cooed a new voice.

“Malfoy, did you enjoy my entrance today, I hope you know it was entirely your fault.” Paisley said, smiling sweetly, yet want to punch him in the face again.

“Yes I did. I also enjoyed your reaction when you got sorted into out glorious house. You must know, I am the Slytherin Prince.” He said, Paisley noticed how even when he was going to bed he looked impeccable, she herself was in a pair of ratty old flannel shorts and a black sweater.

“I'm sorry what?” Asked Paisley, smirking wide, “I didn't hear you because your head was so far up your arse.”

He growled, but soon it turned into a smirk, “I can't wait to see what Pansy does to do for your initiation, I know what we plan for the males, but I'm excited to see the turn out.”

“Please,” Said Paisley, her voice cracking in fear slightly, “I can take it if a first year can take it.”

“What a shame.”

Paisley didn't sleep a wink, she was awake all night thinking that Pansy would sneak into her room and do something horrid to her. Now she was sitting at the Slytherin table, attempting to eat a muffin, and keep it down.

Emily was sitting a couple seats down, she was ignoring Paisley because no one in Slytherin liked Longbottom's so Emily and Paisley had decided talking in public would do nothing benificial for either of them.

Then she saw someone waving at her from the blue and white table, Ravenclaw.

It was Luna, thinking that there wasn't any place she would be less wanted, Paisley picked herself up and joined Luna, who was smiling a dreamy smile. Luna was always Paisley's favorite from what Neville had told her about all of his friends.

Maybe things were looking up for Paisley.

Except that Pansy was watching Paisley, formulating a plan for the perfect time to strike.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long for the update.
So I have a new idea for a new story, it will be a Harry Potter romance, but definitely not a typical one. This idea might actually make your head explode.
I would like to say that my story is based on J.K Rowlings world and imagination, except for Paisley and the plot.