Status: Complete

Colder Than Ice

Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

After Neville was situated appropriately in Madame Pomfrey's care and his teeth were well on their way to becoming less rabbit-esque, the two headed back to class, walking quite uncomfortably in silence.

“Are you daft?” Asked Draco, it seemed as if the question had been on the tip of his tongue forever. “What a stupid question, of course you are!”

“What could you possibly be talking about ferret?” Said Paisley, looking at him tentatively.

“Speaking to a professor like that!” He snarled, his face breaking from his mask of stone into an expression of great annoyance.

“You said, I didn't need to suck up.” She said, like a four year old trying to pawn the blame on someone else.

“I most definitely didn't mean shoot your mouth off!” He yelled, stopping in the middle of the corridor.

“Am I hearing things or were you actually worried about what Snape was going to do to me?” Smirked Paisley, doing her best impersonation of Malfoy.

Just like that the mask of stone was back on his face, portraying no emotion.

“You must be mad.” He sneered, “No one would care about you, not even your parents. They were already on the brink of insanity because they had to deal with you. Aunt Bella just put them out of their misery.”

If someone had taken a hot poker to Paisley and stabbed her repeatedly in the face, she probably wouldn't even be able to react because of the white hot anger bubbling in the pit of her stomach overwhelming her body.

Draco's mask faltered and his mouth, usually perfectly sculpted turned down at the corners, perhaps that hadn't been the best thing to say, but he lived for the humiliation and torture of others. He got a thrill when someone's face crumpled with hurt at one of his insults.

It was like Paisley was possessed, the anger was welling up inside of her and searing through every vein in her body, it was begging to be released and in a slit second Paisley lost it. She pounced on Draco with lethal force, punching and scratching and biting every part of him she could reach.

They both crashed down on the floor, Draco went for his wand, but found that Paisley was flailing about and he couldn't move his arms to his pocket.

Draco screamed, hoping to catch one of the Professors attention. He got his wish when Proffesor Flitwick a stubby lard of a man, rushed out of his classroom followed by all of his pupils, Draco was relived to see someone to help him, that is until Paisley bit his shoulder.

Draco felt a very similar white hot anger as his flipped her over and held her down, he was tempted to pull out his wand and use the Cruciatus on her just to teach her a lesson, but was to afraid to let one of her arms free so he could nab his wand from his robe.

“Please! Please!” Shouted the stout professor. Soon both students were yanked up by their robes and hauled back to the Potions room where everyone was still seated, minus Neville of course.

“Detention, tonight at eight.” Yelled Snape, making everyone in the class cower.

Paisley was in a very muggle track suit, jogging around the lake. Jogging was something her mother did, Alice Longbottom was a very athletic woman and had taken Paisley out for jogs, and taught her how to play muggle sports as well as Quidditch.

Paisley was getting tired now, she had run at least four miles when she spotted Luna. Paisley slowed to a run and and came to a halt in front of the blond hair blue eyes crack pot.

“Hey Luna.” Said Paisley wiping the sweat from her brow.

“Paisley!” Exclaimed Luna, jumping up and embracing the girl. “I didn't know that you ran.”

“Cheers.” Said Paisley, “Ever since I was a tot.”

“Well, you must be careful Gruffnotts like to stick to the bottom of you shoes and dig their claws into the ground so . . .” Luna continued to inform Paisley about the wonders of Gruffnotts.

“Luna I think it's time for dinner, do you care to join me.” Laughed Paisley, holding her arm out for Luna to take.

“That would be lovely.” She smiled, taking Paisley delicate hand and linking it with her own.

“You know,” Started Luna, her dreamy voice sounding oddly serious, “I've never had real friends before.”

“Me either.” Responded Paisley, smiling lightly as they continued on their way to the castle.

Paisley sat at the Ravenclaw table, her and Luna oblivious to the looks and stares they were both getting.

A Slytherin friends with a Ravenclaw, much less sitting at their table, was absolutely unheard of.

It wasn't until a particularly nasty comment about Paisley's mouth and a boy genitals, associated with going back to where she came from, did they noticed the stares.

Paisley kicked his shin and then shoved steaming hot chili in his face. He screamed and ran out of the Great Hall.

Dumbledore overlooked this outburst because he had heard the comment that was made. He planned to have a serious talk about usage of dirty mouths with Mr. Klein.

Meanwhile, Pansy Parkinson was noticing Draco's inclination towards Longbottomette. He even went do far as to snicker when Klein ran out of the hall screaming and dripping chili on the floor.

If Pansy had anything to do about Draco's attention would not stray from her. Not one little bit.

It was time to start Paisley's initiation into the sly and cunning Slytherin House.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOAH! I love this story. Paisley is everything Neville isn't, he's shy and a little bit of a dull bulb. Paisley is outspoken, doesn't edit what she says and isn't afraid to throw a punch.