Status: Completed

The Soundtrack of Life

Daddy's Little Girl

“Matt, I want you to keep the kids entertained for a little bit, okay? I’m going to go see how Dad’s doing before we overload him.” Charlotte told her husband of fifteen years, motioning to the four kids that were running around in the waiting room. Matt nodded and gathered the kids together. Smiling, Charlotte walked down the hall and went into her father’s room. “Hey, Daddy, how are you feeling today?”

“I’m fine, Charlie, I feel perfectly fine. I don’t know why I have to stay in here.”

“Daddy, you’re not twenty anymore. You can’t just hop on a green horse and expect to stay on, especially if that horse is from our stock. You need to leave breaking the horses to Paul. It’s way past time to hang up your chaps and spurs.”

“You sound just like your mother.” Charlie bit her lip. She had never known how to take these remarks.

“Promise me that when you get discharged, you won’t ride anymore? Well, I take that back, you’re only allowed to ride Cat- I know she won’t kill you.”

Chris sighed and looked out his window. It wasn’t the greatest of views, in fact, it was a view of the brick building right next door.

“Daddy, what’s wrong?” Charlie panicked.

Chris looked at her with blood shoot eyes. “I-I think I’m dying…”

“No! you can’t! I’ll do anything to keep you here! What happened to never leaving me?! NURSE! DOCTOR! ANYBODY!” she held on tight to her father’s cold hands. “You can’t leave your little girl behind.”

“I- I lov-” the heart monitor flat lined. Doctors and nurses barged through, pushing her against the back wall.

“So this is how he felt when Mom died.” She mumbled quietly to herself. She shook her head and removed herself from the room, not being able to stand anymore.

Please don't let him go
I'm begging you so
There open his eyes
There ain't no more time
To tell him that I love him more
Than anything in the world
Is Daddy's little girl
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it! Thanks for reading!