Status: Complete

Except One

Thimbles

Image

The joy of flying with Peter, with him holding Regan’s hand as he soared through the air, aiding her in flight she had not yet accomplished was nothing compared to the wondrous exhilaration of being able to fly unaided.

Regan whooped and hollered much like Peter as she tumbled through the air, allowing the fluffy clouds to lick her body as she streaked right through the white blankets of the sky. Felin loved having his girl with him in the sky, he licked and fizzed at her ankles, her shoulders, her head taking a joy in spending every minute with her, with hearing that beautiful laugh that had brought him skipping and dancing into the world. There would never be a room for doubt, that Felin was Regan’s fairy much like Tink’s was Peter’s.

New games were invented between the children now they both could fly. Peter would stand, hands on hips on the peak of Indian’s hill whilst Regan zoomed off to perch on Skull Rock. They would crow to one another, practising their battle cry before racing each other around their beloved Island. Peter always won but steadily Regan was becoming more practised in the air.

Regan had stopped counting days, time was a forgotten memory to herand it no longer haunted her. She felt no need to know the time and so she simply lived. She had become a girl that would never grow up. The female version of Peter,the girl that Wendy had never found it within herself to be..

She was making daisy chains in a toadstool meadow when Peter spun down to her. He sat and watched her nimble hands for a while, laughing as Felin would sneeze; pollen blowing up his nose, and small flames would lick outfrom his tiny nostrilsto burn the chain he had almost completed. Regan smiled, and finishing her chains, handed them to several small fairies gathered around.

They placed them around their necks and whizzed into the air, chattering gleefully about their new possessions. Felin zoomed after them, fizzing flirtatiously.

Regan looked at Peter, who was lying on his back staring at a donkey shaped cloud floating by. He hummed to a tune in his head, bouncing his feet on the springy grass beneath them.

“How was London?” Regan asked quietly.

Peter had flown off to England for a visit, he liked to wander the black skies above the city, perhaps looking for some more Lost Boys, he had been without some for a long time but now he had Regan.

Peter grinned and flew upright and span around “Oh, I have the most wonderful news!” he shouted to her.

Regan laughed “What is it?”

Peter grinned “You really want to know? Really really?”

Regan aimed a kick at him and frowned as he shot upwards, tumbling around and then sitting Indian style mid air. He laughed, his contagious humour floating around the meadow, reaching Regan and tickling her heart so she couldn’t help but smile.

“Yes, I really really really want to know Peter...” she said, playing his game.

Peter crossed his eyes, considering and then nodded to himself “All right, I’ll tell you...” he flew towards her, his face straight in front of hers “I was flying around the streets of London, here and there, looking for some fun and suddenly...I saw something!”

Regan’s eyes widened “What was it Peter?”

“A tree...and it was all decorated, with tinsel and shiny lights so it looked like fairies were sitting on its branches...and then I realised!”

His mouth came to rest by Regan’s ear, his honeysuckle breath tickling her skin, causing goosebumps to rise all over her body “It’s Christmas!”

Regan laughed and clapped her hands, her happy thoughts sending her spiralling upwards “Christmas, Oh Peter....we have to do something!”

Peter grinned mischievously, proving to Regan he had something arranged. She smiled and took the hand he outstretched. She laughed as he zoomed away towards Hangman’s Tree, and they landed lightly in front of the warped trunk.

Regan shivered, the corpse like tree spooking her “Peter...?”

Peter ushered her over to its base and nudging a toadstool with his foot, a trapdoor sprang open “Down there” he pushed her in front of him and she slid down the slide, tumbling as she landed onto the mossy floor.

She looked up and gasped, moving out of the way as Peter came sliding down after her. Regan stood up and moved across the large room “Oh Peter, it’s beautiful!”

Peter had decorated the previously abandoned room with a small fir tree, he had persuaded several fairies to sit on it, lighting the branches up with a cheery glow. The walls had been laced with vines of Never roses and Lilly cups lay around the base of the tree. The tree was topped with a pure white star fish, completing the Christmas decorating.

Peter smiled, walking up beside Regan “Merry Christmas girl...”

She turned to smile at him, tears of happinesscoating her eyes “Merry Christmas boy...”

They looked at each other for a moment, the ethereal glow of the fairies bouncing off each face blessed with an innocent youth. Regan lost herself for a brief moment in Peter’s bright blue eyes, practically swimming in them. She blinked as Peter clapped his hands “Presents!!” he shouted, his voice echoing around the room that used to contain the noise of Lost Boys, Wendy, John and Michael.

Regan smiled softly, following Peter and sitting cross legged on the ground, leaning against the wooden wall. She watched as Peter rummaged under the tree, muttering to himself and finally he emerged, something clutched in his dirty fist.

He grinned and Regan held out her slightly cleaner hands, Peter wrapped lowered his hands down onto hers and a rusty thimble rolled onto her palm. She examined it, holding it up to the flickering lights. It was Wendy’s, left here all those years ago.

She glanced at Peter, who was rocking back and forth on his knees “It’s a kiss” he stated, his mouth down turned for a moment, thinking Regan did not like her gift.

Regan cupped the thimble in her hand and smiled “Thank you Peter...now I have to give you something”

She thought for a moment and then with ahesitant look at an expectant Peter, whispered “Close your eyes Peter”

Peter abruptly closed his lids, trusting his Regan. Regan edged closer to him, cupping her palm to his cheek “I’ll give you a thimble” she whispered and softly placed her lips upon his. Peter opened his eyes as his lips brushed hers and then he found himself kissing back.

Thimbles can hold many things, like a hidden kiss for example...
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Comment?
From now on the rest of the chapters are going to be completely new!They won't be old chapters re-edited but brand spanking new...excited? :)
Follow my blog
And I'm putting a link for the fairy dance of Regan and Peter into the last chapter so y'all should go back and check it out...
Love you my pretties
x