Status: Complete

Except One

Finding Fairies

Image

Fairies are born every minute of every day. For when the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a hundred different pieces and they all went skipping about into the air. They were the first fairies. And now, when a baby laughs for the first time, that laugh becomes a fairy. Their fairy and if they find that fairy, which is a rare occurrence, they will find an unbreakable bond for a fairy is a part of that person. A fairy contains a persons soul, the happiness and mischief that only a child may have, is what a fairy contains forever.

But sad events happen. For fairies die every day as well. For when a person speaks the words “I don’t believe in fairies” or “There’s no such thing in fairies” a fairy somewhere drops down dead. And unfortunately so many children now grow up so quickly, more and more of them are denying their childhood belief and magic and uttering those fatal words.

You may wonder why I am talking such facts about fairies. Well you see, our hero of the story was on his way to find a fairy. Peter had not gone on an ordinary adventure. He had gone on an extremely dangerous adventure. He was going to a place that was so hard to find, not even the fairies could find it. But Peter wasn’t afraid. Peter wasn’t afraid of anything, he laughed in the face of danger and so he decided to take up the dangerous voyage to find the fairies.

Now, fairies may live in Neverland but it is not actually where they originate from. Fairies derive from a very special but dangerous place called The Mists. No one ever went there, least of all a little boy but that is where Peter and Tink where going.

Why you ask? Well isn’t it obvious? Peter was going to find Regan’s fairy. He had mulled over the idea on the Neverpeak for a few days but had finally decided that if Regan was going to become a real Wendy Girl who wouldn’t leave him like Wendy did then she needed her fairy. For her fairy would keep the child in her and make sure she never ever grew up.

And now we travel to Peter who while Regan is battling the mermaids is soaring the sky and surfing the clouds, laughing joyfully as he thinks up of the wondrous adventures he and Regan would soon have. He flew high in the air, up up past Neverland, past the third star, the fourth, the fifth until he had reached so high he didn’t even know where he was!

“Which way Tink?” he asked as he chased a little star fairy that giggled and flirted about the boy, but soon zoomed away at the furious glare from Tinkerbell.
Tinkerbell sat on the air beneath her and tapped her fingers against her chin. Which way? Which way? She had no idea…O Peter was going to be so disappointed in her!

Tinkerbell was about to fret but she calmed down and listened to her inner fairy. She closed her eyes and concentrated real hard, blocking everything out, the song the moon was singing, the incessant giggling of Peter who was having great fun on this adventure and the chatter of the nearby star fairies. She listened closely to herself and soon found her heart telling her the way. She would be going home, seeing where she really truly came from.

She sat up excited and tinkled at Peter who stopped his games at once and flew after her. They flew straight across the black sky, doing loop the loops and up side down zigzags and finally the air grew quieter and colder and even Peter stopped laughing, becoming wary of the dangerous place he was about to enter.

They both slowed to a halt mid air as a mist slowly crept across their face. Peter looked at Tinkerbell and they both gulped nervously before stepping in.
It felt as if they were falling, down, down, down and finally Peter landed softly on some green grass. He jumped up, hands on hips and looked around for any sign of danger. There seemed to be none. Peter walked forward Tink by his shoulder and jumped as he heard chatter from the trees on either side of him. Tink urged him on and Peter kept walking until finally they reached a clearing where the mists faded and a purple moon shone down. Peter stood in the middle and with one breath, let off three little laughs, mimicking that of Regan’s laugh which he had heard and mesmerised when he brought her flying.

He waited a moment before sounding the laughs again and soon he heard a buzzing within the trees. The unclaimed fairies that were hiding grew excited wondering whose laugh this would be. What fairy the famous Peter Pan and Tinkerbell were calling. Little faces peered out from within the thick shrubbery all around, some eyes gleamed with a malicious devilry, others alight with an innocent wonder.

There was a sad air in the atmosphere. All of these fairies were unclaimed, their laugh, their child had never looked for them, many not believing in magic anymore. They were surrounded by those of their own kind but each individual fairy was lonely for the closest piece of their hearts had rejected them.

Peter looked around and soon he saw a flickering light zooming towards him. It was a fairy. Regan’s fairy. The fairy zoomed towards Peter and he caught it expertly as he had so many times caught Tink and he examined it. The fairy threw tiny punches onto his hands demanding to be let go and he fizzed and spat tiny fire balls. For he was a fire fairy, he glowed in a flaming orange red light and his skin was a bright orange colour. His flaming red locks seemed to spark as if they too were made of flames and Peter laughed at the strange little character.

He let go of the fire fairy and it flew around his head throwing furious insults at the boy who wouldn’t grow up until Tinkerbell zoomed beside him and clonked him on top of the head with her tiny but strong fist and tinkled at him angrily, immediately shutting him up.

She talked to the fire fairy for a moment, explaining the situation and Peter watched as the fairy grew excited and zoomed happily around, impatient to meet his laugh. His Regan.

The fairy’s name was Felin and he happily joined Peter as he soared once more into the air, ready to return to Neverland and Regan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Got this one out quickly :)

Felin