We're Here to Take Your Hearts

Introduction

"Are we there yet?" My little sister whined.

"Not yet honey. Almost though." My mom assured her.

I had the perfect family. We were on a road trip to Illinois, where most of our family lived. Driving down that freeway I realized we were in Chicago. I smiled and turned up the radio, litening to the sweet music filling my ears.
Up ahead the dark road I saw two bright headlights. They were swerving left to right. As they got closer I felt the impact of the car hit ours. My first reaction was to save Abby, my little sister. I reached towards her but the force of the impact had pushed me away from her.
I fell into darkness as I saw the bright blue and red lights coming towards us.

I woke up in a white room with a big window. I saw it was morning and wondered where my little sister is. A doctor walked into my room and sat down next to me.

"Clarissa. I have some terrible news. The crash was so powerful that, none of your family lived. It's a miracle you lived. You were secinds from death but somehow you lived. We've contacted you reletives and none of them are eligable to take you into custody. You'll be sent to an orphanage in the area. Since the crash happened here you have to remain here unti someon adopts you. I'm very sorry about your loss." She said.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I tried to register what the doctor had said. Before I knew it I was put in the back of a black car and dropped off on a doorstep that belonged to the orphanage that would be my new home. Some of my family sent me my things from my home in California.

I walked inside the gloomy home and a lady took me to my new dark room. It was cold and felt lonley.

And that's how I ended up at St. Mary's Orphanage.