We're Here to Take Your Hearts

TEN

Clarissa shook in fear and clung onto Ryan, who was knealing beside her now. He placed an arm around her, seeing Pete's angry face.

"Pete, calm down okay? You can talk to her when we get home but right now we need to get out of here." Ryan said demandingly, as if protecting Clarissa. He held his grip tighter around her as she buried her face in his shoulder. Her shaking was violent and Ryan noticed.

"Fine." Pete said threw gritted teeth. The others had come behind Ryan and Patrick stodd with Hemingway next to Pete.

"Let's go." Ryan said. He stood up, still holding on to the shaking Clarissa. He wrapped his arm around her as they walked in silence.

They reached the main road and began to walk home. Pete went to walk beside Clarissa and Ryan, so Clarissa clung onto him tighter. Ryan held onto her too, walking away from Pete and towards Spencer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived in the house and were in the living room. Ryan was about to set Clarissa on the couch, but Pete grabbed her arm as tight was he could.

"Pete, not now." Ryan said, trying to pull Clarissa back.

"No Ryan, she's my fucking kid!" He pulled Clarissa back and looked down on her. "Let's go." He spat. Everyone watched Pete grab Clarissa and drag her up the stairs. Tears were aleady coming down her cheeks. She was too scared to beg for mercy and to run away back to the couch.

Her arm was going numb from Pete's powerful grip. He dragged her into her room and slammed the door.

"What. The. Fuck." He said. "I have been wondering how the hell you still continue to do this shit. I'm giving you one minute to explain to me what the fuck happens in you mind when you do stupid shit like this." His voice was getting louder.

Clarissa didn't speak, but tapped her knees.

"WELL!?" He yelled.

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry is what goes threw your mind? If you were sorry this wouldn't have happened!" Pete yelled. Clarissa kept her gaze fixed on the floor. "Look up." Pete said calmly. Clarissa didn't respond. "I SAID LOOK AT ME!" Clarissa looked up, fear burned in her moss green eyes.

"Please, don't hurt me." She whispered.

"DON'T HURT YOU? HOW THE FUCK DO I HURT YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE!? YOU FUCKING COME INTO MY LIFE, I GIVE YOU A HOME, I WORK MY ASS OFF TO GIVE YOU WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT AND YOU GO GET SUSPENDED AND RUN OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!?" Pete yelled, so loud everyone downstairs could hear, but all of them sat hopeless. They sat in silence listening to the yells coming from upstairs, the room was as grim as a funeral.

"I-It wont happen again." Clarissa said.

"IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN BECAUSE YOU'RE GOUNDED UNTIL YOU CAN PROVE TO ME THAT YOU'RE SORRY!" Pete raised his hand as high as he could, Clarissa stared at his motion in fear, her eyes poured with tears and she bared the hit.

SLAP!

The hit was so powerful it caused her to tumble to the ground, she yelped in pain. Everyone downstairs could hear the slap and the bump that occured afterward when Clarissa fell. Sarah got up, ready to run up the stairs, but William caught her and pulled her down to his chest. Sarah began to cry, knowing her best friend was getting hurt just one floor above her.

"Shh, it's okay." William whispered in her ear as he rubbed her back soothingly. Brendon snapped his head up at the sound of Pete opening Clarissa's door, slamming it, going into his own room, and slamming that door too.

"I should have never let go." Ryan said, thinking it was his fault he let Clarissa go with Pete.

Brendon was a wreck, he threatened Pete if he ever went back to his old ways everyone would be after him, now it's gone too far. Everyone is afraid of him.

"Ahem, is this a bad time?" Frank Iero said from the back of the room. Everyone turned around.

"How long have you been standing there?" Jon asked

"Not long." He lied. Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Bob Bryar, and Ray Toro stood next to him with all their luggage for their stay.

"Okay. Um, let me show you to your rooms." Joe said. He got up from his spot and led the guys upstairs.

"...and Frank you'll be in this room. The one next door is Clarissa's and the one across is Pete's." Joe explained.

"Um, Thanks. I'm gonna go to bed now." He said. Joe nodded and shut the door behind him.
Frank set down his luggage and began to unpack, bu was interuppted by the sobs coming from next door.

After an hour of unpacking he laid in his bed. Wearing a plain black tshirt and red plaid pajama pants. He heard the sobs even more clearly now. There was tapping too.

A pain twisted inside him as he listened to the sobs and tapping. He couldn't stand seeing or hearing a girl cry. He pushed the covers off him and walked out of his room. He walked down the halls of the huge house and realized it was 2 in the morning and everyone was asleep, except him and the sobbing girl.

He walked downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle. He drank it slowly, hoping byt he time he went back to be the sobs would have stopped. He walked back up the stairs and he could still hear the muffled sound of soft crying coming from the young girl's room. He stopped infront of her door and put his ear to the door. The tapping was clear now, and so were the sobs. He slowly pushed open the door silently.

The young girl sat on her bed with a drum pad infront of her, sticks bouncing up and down from it. The girl hadn'nt noticed his presence. He studied the young girl, she had bright green eyes and dark hair with a hint of purple.

He turne back on his heels and walked out, leaving the door open just a crack. He rushed down the hall to a different room. He opened it and jumped on the bed where a sleeping person was laying.

"Gee." Frank whispered. "Gee, come quick."

Gerard groaned. "What Frankie?" He said into his pillow.

"There's a girl crying. Pete's daughter. She's sobbing. I can't sleep because It's hurting me." Frank said. Gerard sat up, fully awake now. He pulled the covers off him and stood up. Frank led him to the door that was cracked open just a bit.
They peeked inside and could see the girl, still tapping and sobbing. Gerard pushed open the door and walked in, with Frank following. Gerard sat on the bed with Frankie.

Clarissa looked up startled and scared. She thought it was Pete, and sort of hoping it was Pete coming to say sorry.

"We didn't mean to scare you." Frank said. "I heard you crying and wanted to make sure you were okay." He smiled slightly. "I'm Frankie." He said holding out a hand. She looked at it and slowly took it and shook.

"I'm Clarissa." She said softly.

"I'm Gerard, call me Gee." Gerard spoke softly.

"I don't think you should be in here, I'm in trouble." She said.

"Why are you in trouble?" Frankie asked.

"Because I am. I don't want you guys to get yelled at by Pete. So please? Leave?" She asked sweetly.

"If you stop crying and go to sleep we will." Frankie said.

"O-Okay." Clarissa said. Gee took her drumpad and sticks and set them on the dresser. She crawled into bed and Frankie pulled the covers up for her.

"Goodnight." They said. Frankie hugged her and ruffled her hair a little. They walked out of the door.

Clarissa layed in bed, slowly a smile crept across her face.
She felt loved.